|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Baba Firdau's shrine?
(a) In Khatm.
(b) On palace grounds.
(c) In Satipur.
(d) Next to the suttee shrine.
2. Who goes with Ritu on her pilgrimage to the Himalayas?
(a) Maji and the narrator.
(b) Inder Lal's mother and the narrator.
(c) The narrator and Chid.
(d) Inder Lal's mother and Chid.
3. What is the narrator called in Part 1 Section 4?
4. How do the narrator and Chid appear in Satipur?
(a) They stand out.
(b) They are revered like prophets.
(c) They are ignored and treated like ghosts.
(d) They blend in.
5. Why is Ritu sent on a pilgrimage?
(a) To represent the village.
(b) To pray for rain.
(c) To heal her ailments.
(d) To heal a sick child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator start sleeping in the outdoor courtyard with Inder Lal's family?
2. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
3. What best describes the narrator's morning routine at her room in Satipur?
4. Where does the Nawab keep his pianos?
5. How long does Maji say it will take Ritu to reach the destination on the pilgrimage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Chid is a sadhu?
2. Describe Chid's appearance when the narrator finds him in the royal tomb.
3. Explain how the narrator tells Chid and Inder Lal about her pregnancy in Section 28.
4. Why does the narrator write to Chid's family in Section 31?
5. Why does Inder Lal's mother take Ritu on the pilgrimage?
6. Compare Chid's letters in Section 21 to Olivia's letters.
7. Why is the location of the narrator's first act of intimacy with Inder Lal significant?
8. Describe Dr. Saunders' opinion of Olivia in Section 35.
9. Why is Husband's Wedding Day significant to the narrator in Section 15?
10. Why don't Ritu's screams in Section 18 bother Chid?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)