Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
(a) Douglas come to bed hours after Olivia.
(b) Olivia stays up late at night and sleeps late in the morning.
(c) Douglas goes to bed very early and insists that Olivia does the same.
(d) Olivia gets up early to make breakfast for Douglas.
2. Who becomes Douglas's second wife?
(a) Marcia's sister.
(b) Harry's cousin.
(c) Beth's sister.
(d) Mrs. Saunders' cousin.
3. How does Inder Lal react to Chid's reappearance in Section 28?
(a) He is angry at Chid for returning.
(b) He receives him like a long lost brother.
(c) He is jealous of the time Chid spends with the narrator.
(d) He is initially shy in Chid's presence.
4. What does Dr. Saunders express after learning about Olivia's induced "miscarriage"?
5. Who does Olivia first tell about her pregnancy?
(a) The Begum.
(c) The Nawab.
6. How does Olivia feel about her pregnancy in Section 32?
(a) She no longer wants to be pregnant.
(b) She wants to be pregnant, but feels her baby is not safe in India.
(c) She feels her pregancy can heal her marriage.
(d) She is sick daily, but still happy to be pregnant.
7. What does Olivia request to occur after her death?
(a) That her ashes be scattered on the mountainside.
(b) That the Nawab donate her piano.
(c) That her body be buried with Douglas.
(d) That her body be returned to England.
8. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(b) After they fight about routine household matters.
(c) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
(d) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
9. Who does the narrator learn is pregnant on July 31st?
(d) Inder Lal's niece.
10. Why doesn't Harry pick Olivia up anymore in Section 22?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is now employed by the Begum.
(c) He has gone to the Nawab's mountain chalet.
(d) The Nawab has forbidden him to be alone with her.
11. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
(a) She visits more often.
(b) She visits less often.
(c) She spends more time with the Begum.
(d) She stops going.
12. What is true of Maji?
(a) She once lost a 5-year-old child.
(b) She has worked as a midwife.
(c) She wants a child.
(d) She dislikes Ritu.
13. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
(a) Harry says Olivia shouldn't visit the palace.
(b) Harry wants Olivia to tell Douglas about her time with the Nawab.
(c) Olivia believes that Harry is going to tell Douglas about the time she spends with the Nawab.
(d) Harry wants Olivia to run away with him.
14. Who does the narrator believe is the father of the pregnant person she learns about on July 31st?
(a) A sudhu.
(b) The mango seller from the bazaar.
(d) Inder Lal.
15. What does the person who interrupts Olivia's abortion do?
(a) Looks into her eyes.
(b) Holds her tight.
(c) Cries and begs.
(d) Takes her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Satipur and Ktahm described in Section 34?
2. What does Olivia mention about her piano playing in Section 26?
3. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
4. How do the midwives perform Olivia's abortion?
5. When does Olivia cease writing letters to Marcia?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)