Short Answer Key
Part 1 Section 1 | Part 1 Section 2
1. Who does the narrator say her grandmother is in the first section of the novel?
2. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
She hardly remembers him.
3. What is the relationship between Tessie and Beth?
They are sisters.
4. Who gives Olivia's letters to Marcia?
5. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
In a missionary hostel.
6. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
Part 1 Section 3 | Part 1 Section 4
1. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
In a room above a cloth shop.
2. What paperwork does the narrator keep on her small desk in Part 1, Section 3?
Olivia's letters, her journal and a Hindi...
This section contains 3,047 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)