|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12 Section 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
(a) Harry says Olivia shouldn't visit the palace.
(b) Olivia believes that Harry is going to tell Douglas about the time she spends with the Nawab.
(c) Harry wants Olivia to tell Douglas about her time with the Nawab.
(d) Harry wants Olivia to run away with him.
2. Where does the narrator go on her way to the bazaar on August 31st?
(a) To visit Ritu.
(b) To the monsoon pond in the village center.
(c) To tie strings at the shrine.
(d) To Maji's hut.
3. Why, in Section 24, does Olivia cease to hurry home after her visits to the palace?
(a) Douglas goes to a men's club after work.
(b) Douglas believes she is visiting the library.
(c) Douglas keeps longer hours at the office.
(d) Douglas goes to the pub after work.
4. What is a sadhu?
(a) A blessing.
(b) An unforgivable sin.
(c) A holy man.
(d) A tomb painting.
5. What does Chid ask the narrator for in Section 21?
(b) Her journal.
(c) His drinking cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What environmental change is apparent in Section 32?
2. Who does the Nawab have a meeting with on the day that Olivia tells him that she is pregnant?
3. What best describes the Nawab's palace during the narrator's first visit?
4. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
5. What does Maji offer the narrator in Section 33?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)