|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12 Section 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chid's chanting affect the narrator?
(a) She finds it peaceful
(b) It lulls her to sleep.
(c) She finds it unbearable.
(d) It's just another background noise.
2. What does Harry tell the narrator and Mrs. Crawford about his mother in Section 15?
(a) She has dysentery.
(b) She has special visions.
(c) He wants to visit her but the Nawab won't permit it.
(d) He visits her in Khatm every week.
3. Who warns Olivia that "they" only want to "you-know-what with a white woman"?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
(c) Major Saunders.
4. Who does the narrator discover when she investigates the royal tomb on March 30th?
(a) Inder Lal.
(b) The angry English woman she met at the British bungalow.
5. What does the narrator do on the way back to her room after learning of the pregnancy in Section 23?
(b) Skips through puddles.
(c) Buys a small gift at the bazaar.
(d) Convinces the person to keep the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Major Minnies consider "Husband's Wedding Day" a problem?
2. What does Olivia mention about her piano playing in Section 26?
3. What else do Olivia and the Nawab do together on the day they first make love?
4. Who accompanies the narrator to Husband's Wedding Day?
5. Where do Olivia and Douglas go when they walk together in the evenings?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)