|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 12 Section 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Douglas's only son becomes when he grows up?
(a) An antique dealer.
(b) A military soldier.
(c) A sadhu.
(d) A British ambassador.
2. What does the narrator do on the way back to her room after learning of the pregnancy in Section 23?
(a) Buys a small gift at the bazaar.
(c) Skips through puddles.
(d) Convinces the person to keep the baby.
3. Why does Inder Lal say that he agreed to the treatment that Ritu receives?
(a) Nothing else has worked.
(b) He meditated on the problem and believes this is the best course of action.
(c) The person recommending it healed with this treatment.
(d) It is good for her soul.
4. What is the narrator called in Part 1 Section 4?
5. What best describes the royal tombs visited by the narrator in Section 13?
(a) Crumbling to the ground.
(b) Gilt with gold and very ornate.
(c) Enclosed by arches and dark.
(d) Simple and peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Olivia and Douglas argue about when the prince extends a second visit to the palace?
2. What does the doctor at the hospital ward say is wrong with Chid?
3. Who says, at the Crawford's dinner party, that if a woman wants to throw her life away for her religion it is her choice?
4. Who does the Nawab have a meeting with on the day that Olivia tells him that she is pregnant?
5. How does the doctor at the hospital ward respond to Chid and the narrator?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)