|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) With a woman she met on the trip over.
(b) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
(c) In a missionary hostel.
(d) In a doorway.
2. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
(a) In the A's Hotel.
(b) In a room above the saloon.
(c) In a room above a cloth shop.
(d) In Marcia's small hut outside of Satipur.
3. Who volunteers to take the narrator to the Nawab's palace in Khatm for the first time?
(b) Inder Lal.
(d) Mr. Crawford.
4. What is different about Chid when he returns on August 15th?
(a) He is a father.
(b) He is a Christian.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is married.
5. Where do Olivia and the Nawab first become lovers?
(a) In the grove by Baba Firdau's shrine.
(b) In Olivia and Douglas's room.
(c) In the palace garden.
(d) In his private quarters at the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ritu visits the narrator in her room after she tries unsuccessfully to throw Chid out of her room?
2. Who is the recipient of Olivia's letters that are in the narrator's possession?
3. In Section 25, what do Inder Lal and the narrator do with the red strings?
4. Where does the narrator first notice the beggar woman in Section 23?
5. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)