|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose father died from a stroke when he was only 15?
(b) Mr. Crawford.
(c) Mr. Saunders.
(d) The Nawab.
2. What is the Begum?
(a) The Nawab's mother.
(b) The Indian term for an English woman's gloves.
(c) The tree outside of Mrs. Saunders' window.
(d) A traditional Indian game.
3. According to Olivia's letters, where do Mrs. Crawford and Mrs. Minnies go together in 1923?
4. What do Harry and Olivia quarrel about in Section 22?
(a) Harry says Olivia shouldn't visit the palace.
(b) Harry wants Olivia to tell Douglas about her time with the Nawab.
(c) Harry wants Olivia to run away with him.
(d) Olivia believes that Harry is going to tell Douglas about the time she spends with the Nawab.
5. What does the Nawab joke about on the day that he and Olivia make love for the first time?
(a) Baba Firdau.
(b) Husband's Wedding Day.
(c) Wives and widows.
(d) A suttee death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Olivia feel when she is first invited to visit the Nawab's palace with Douglas in 1923?
2. What does the narrator do on the way back to her room after learning of the pregnancy in Section 23?
3. How does Harry tell Olivia that the Nawab handles questions he does not wish to answer?
4. How does the narrator describe Baba Firdau's shrine?
5. Who does not agree that a suttee is a form of suicide?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)