|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the first time that Olivia calls the Nawab by his name?
(a) When they add 3 red ribbons to the shrine.
(b) When they play the piano duet.
(c) Just before she tells him about her pregnancy.
(d) After he tells her that he is glad she is pregnant.
2. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
(a) In a room above the saloon.
(b) In the A's Hotel.
(c) In Marcia's small hut outside of Satipur.
(d) In a room above a cloth shop.
3. What is true of the schedule that Olivia and Douglas keep in Section 24?
(a) Olivia stays up late at night and sleeps late in the morning.
(b) Douglas goes to bed very early and insists that Olivia does the same.
(c) Olivia gets up early to make breakfast for Douglas.
(d) Douglas come to bed hours after Olivia.
4. Why does the narrator start sleeping in the outdoor courtyard with Inder Lal's family?
(a) To see the stars.
(b) To escape the rodents.
(c) To escape the heat.
(d) To be close to Inder Lal.
5. With whom does Olivia spend her Sundays?
(b) Beth Crawford.
(c) The Nawab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is learned about Chid's separation from Ritu on her pilgrimage when he returns to the narrator's room without her?
2. Who tells the narrator the old beggar woman's name?
3. What does the narrator say she learns about the house where Olivia and Douglas used to live in the February 16th journal entry?
4. Who gives Olivia's letters to Marcia?
5. What is the Begum?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)