|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9 Section 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry return to the palace after staying with Olivia and Douglas for several days?
(a) Olivia makes him leave.
(b) Douglas suspects he is having an affair with Olivia.
(c) He receives news that the Nawab is ill.
(d) The Nawab comes to get him.
2. On the first day after Harry's recovery that he accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia, where do Olivia and the Nawab go?
(a) To a celebration for the fertility goddess.
(b) To Baba Firdau's Shrine and the grove.
(c) To the palace garden.
(d) To a banquet in the Nawab's honor.
3. How does Olivia feel about the fact that she is not yet pregnant in Section 22?
(a) Concerned, because she is afraid there is something wrong with her.
(b) Relieved; she never really wanted to have children.
(c) Disappointed, because she wants children.
(d) Relieved, as she wants to leave Douglas.
4. What best describes Chid as a houseguest?
(a) Quiet as a mouse.
(b) Helpful and unobtrusive.
(c) Lazy and messy.
(d) Noisy and clumsy.
5. Why doesn't Harry pick Olivia up anymore in Section 22?
(a) He has gone to the Nawab's mountain chalet.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is now employed by the Begum.
(d) The Nawab has forbidden him to be alone with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nawab tell Douglas he is visiting on the day that Douglas arrives home during one of the Nawab's regular visits to Olivia?
2. Who awakens the narrator by screaming in the courtyard on March 9th?
3. What is a suttee?
4. Who warns Olivia that "they" only want to "you-know-what with a white woman"?
5. With whom does Olivia spend her Sundays?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)