|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9 Section 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies the narrator to Husband's Wedding Day?
(b) No one.
(c) Inder Lal's mother and her friends.
2. What is the Begum?
(a) A traditional Indian game.
(b) The Indian term for an English woman's gloves.
(c) The Nawab's mother.
(d) The tree outside of Mrs. Saunders' window.
3. Who goes with Ritu on her pilgrimage to the Himalayas?
(a) Inder Lal's mother and Chid.
(b) Inder Lal's mother and the narrator.
(c) Maji and the narrator.
(d) The narrator and Chid.
4. What paperwork does the narrator keep on her small desk in Part 1, Section 3?
(a) Olivia's letters, her journal and a Hindi grammar book.
(b) Olivia's letters, her journal and a guide to India.
(c) Olivia's letters and the map to the palace.
(d) Her journal, Tessie's diary and a Hindi grammar book.
5. Where is Baba Firdau's shrine?
(a) Next to the suttee shrine.
(b) On palace grounds.
(c) In Satipur.
(d) In Khatm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
2. Who says, at the Crawford's dinner party, that if a woman wants to throw her life away for her religion it is her choice?
3. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
4. What does Inder Lal say about his belief in evil spirits?
5. Why does Harry tell the narrator and Mrs. Crawford that he has only been to the Nawab's mountain chalet once?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)