|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9 Section 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the pianos that the Nawab shows to Olivia.
(a) Both are in disrepair.
(b) One is black and the other is white.
(c) Both are well-maintained.
(d) One is a baby grand, the other is a child-sized spinnet.
2. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
(a) The hotel owner.
(b) A missionary.
3. What does Inder Lal say about his belief in evil spirits?
(a) He does not believe in evil spirits.
(b) He does not believe in any type of God or spirits.
(c) He believes that evil spirits are all around us.
(d) He believes that evil spirits cannot enter a virtuous person.
4. What is one benefit of the hotter weather in Section 25?
(a) The palace opens a pool to the public.
(b) The merchants at the bazaar are lazy and offer deals.
(c) The grove plants thrive.
(d) The mangoes are very sweet.
5. What does Maji say will happen after the pilgrimage party reaches the tree line of the mountain base?
(a) Some will faint with joy.
(b) Ritu will proceed on her own.
(c) Ritu's healing will begin.
(d) They will do a dance to thank the good spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first day after Harry's recovery that he accompanies the Nawab to pick up Olivia, where do Olivia and the Nawab go?
2. Why doesn't Harry take the berth that Douglas has arranged for him?
3. How does the narrator describe Baba Firdau's shrine?
4. Where does the narrator's new friend take her in Section 11?
5. Why does Inder Lal say that he agreed to the treatment that Ritu receives?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)