|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the narrator's room when both Chid and Ritu are in it?
(a) It takes on a peace it did not have before.
(b) It becomes a friendly haven for all three of them.
(c) It sounds like a religious war.
(d) It is full of silent tension.
2. What does Chid do when someone gives him a guava or a banana?
(a) Eats it himself and leaves the peel on the floor.
(b) Hoards it near his sleeping mat.
(c) Gives profuse thanks and then gives it to a hungry child.
(d) Shares it with the narrator.
3. What is the religious significance of Baba Firdau's shrine?
(a) It is sacred for women who want to become pregnant.
(b) It is believed to be a place of healing.
(c) It is sacred for the blessing of young men just coming of age.
(d) It is believed to restore youth and energy to the aging.
4. What does Chid wear?
(a) An orange Indian ascetic's robe.
(b) A very worn straw farmer's hat.
(c) A beggar's badge.
(d) A soldier's uniform.
5. What is the Begum?
(a) A traditional Indian game.
(b) The Nawab's mother.
(c) The Indian term for an English woman's gloves.
(d) The tree outside of Mrs. Saunders' window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Maji say it will take Ritu to reach the destination on the pilgrimage?
2. What best describes the royal tombs visited by the narrator in Section 13?
3. What does Inder Lal's mother do to calm the screaming person in the courtyard the night of March 9th?
4. What do Olivia and Douglas argue about when the prince extends a second visit to the palace?
5. How do Ritu's screams affect Chid?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)