|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Section 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Olivia and Douglas argue about when the prince extends a second visit to the palace?
(a) The fact that the Minnies are not invited.
(b) If it's appropriate to go during a holy time.
(c) What to bring to the prince.
(d) The fact that the Crawfords are not invited.
2. What does Chid wear?
(a) A soldier's uniform.
(b) An orange Indian ascetic's robe.
(c) A beggar's badge.
(d) A very worn straw farmer's hat.
3. How do the townspeople treat Chid?
(a) With curiosity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disdain.
4. What best describes the narrator's room when both Chid and Ritu are in it?
(a) It becomes a friendly haven for all three of them.
(b) It is full of silent tension.
(c) It takes on a peace it did not have before.
(d) It sounds like a religious war.
5. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
(a) Hide and go seek.
(b) The Begum.
(d) Musical chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Chid?
2. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
3. Who says she came to India to find peace, but only got dysentery?
4. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
5. How does Olivia feel when she is first invited to visit the Nawab's palace with Douglas in 1923?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)