|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tessie and Beth?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are bitter enemies.
2. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) With a woman she met on the trip over.
(b) In a missionary hostel.
(c) In a doorway.
(d) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
3. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
(a) Mr. Crawford.
(b) Mrs. Crawford.
(c) The Nawab.
(d) Major Minnies.
4. Why is the person the narrator discovers inside the royal tomb there, in Section 13?
(a) The person is hiding.
(b) The person is being held prisoner.
(c) The person is sick with fever.
(d) The person is praying.
5. Why does Inder Lal tell the narrator that his mother selected Ritu as his wife?
(a) She brought a good dowry.
(b) She can read and write.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She has all her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the narrator to the royal tombs in Section 13?
2. What do the narrator and the person or people who accompany her on Husband's Wedding Day do once they are there?
3. What does Harry tell the narrator when she asks him for news on Khatm when he visits in Section 16?
4. Who does the narrator discover when she investigates the royal tomb on March 30th?
5. Who does not agree that a suttee is a form of suicide?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)