|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she buys Indian clothing after settling into her new place in Satipur?
(a) She wants to fit in.
(b) It is feminine and alluring.
(c) It is cheaper and cooler.
(d) Her suitcase of clothing is stolen.
2. Why does Inder Lal tell the narrator that his mother selected Ritu as his wife?
(a) She brought a good dowry.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She has all her teeth.
(d) She can read and write.
3. What is the Begum?
(a) A traditional Indian game.
(b) The Nawab's mother.
(c) The tree outside of Mrs. Saunders' window.
(d) The Indian term for an English woman's gloves.
4. Who says she came to India to find peace, but only got dysentery?
(a) Beth Crawford.
(b) The wife of the major at the Nawab's dinner party.
(c) Mrs. Saunders.
(d) An English girl the narrator meets at an old bungalow.
5. Why does Harry return to the palace after staying with Olivia and Douglas for several days?
(a) The Nawab comes to get him.
(b) Olivia makes him leave.
(c) He receives news that the Nawab is ill.
(d) Douglas suspects he is having an affair with Olivia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
2. What paperwork does the narrator keep on her small desk in Part 1, Section 3?
3. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
4. When Chid visits the narrator, what does she do with her papers?
5. Why does Major Minnies consider "Husband's Wedding Day" a problem?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)