|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Section 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Major Minnies consider "Husband's Wedding Day" a problem?
(a) The Nawab encourages fighting on this day.
(b) There is conflict between the Hindus and the Muslims.
(c) There are too many people in a small space.
(d) The Nawab promotes anti-English sentiment on this day.
2. What does Chid do when someone gives him a guava or a banana?
(a) Hoards it near his sleeping mat.
(b) Eats it himself and leaves the peel on the floor.
(c) Gives profuse thanks and then gives it to a hungry child.
(d) Shares it with the narrator.
3. Who says she came to India to find peace, but only got dysentery?
(a) The wife of the major at the Nawab's dinner party.
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
(c) An English girl the narrator meets at an old bungalow.
(d) Beth Crawford.
4. What does Chid wear?
(a) A very worn straw farmer's hat.
(b) A beggar's badge.
(c) An orange Indian ascetic's robe.
(d) A soldier's uniform.
5. When Chid visits the narrator, what does she do with her papers?
(a) Works on them.
(b) Reads them to him.
(c) Hides them.
(d) Burns them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Chid?
2. What does the palace watchman give to the narrator?
3. Who accompanies the narrator to Husband's Wedding Day?
4. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
5. Why is Mrs. Saunders ill when Olivia first meets her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)