|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Section 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Olivia feel when she is first invited to visit the Nawab's palace with Douglas in 1923?
(a) She is intimidated by the idea of meeting royalty.
(b) She is excited to talk to Mrs. Crawford and other women.
(c) She is excited to show off her dress and jewels.
(d) She dreads spending time with stuffy government types.
2. Why is Mrs. Saunders ill when Olivia first meets her?
(a) She has dysentery.
(b) She lost her husband.
(c) She lost a child.
(d) She has malaria.
3. What prompts the narrator to investigate the royal tomb on March 30th?
(a) A loud groaning.
(b) Something in Olivia's letters.
(c) Something she read at the library.
(d) A symbol she sees on the outside of the tomb.
4. What does the narrator say she learns about the house where Olivia and Douglas used to live in the February 16th journal entry?
(a) It houses a post office substation.
(b) It is condemned.
(c) It is for sale.
(d) It has been torn down.
5. Who gives Olivia's letters to Marcia?
(a) An anonymous source.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Nawab tell Douglas he is visiting on the day that Douglas arrives home during one of the Nawab's regular visits to Olivia?
2. What is the narrator called in Part 1 Section 4?
3. Who does the narrator discover when she investigates the royal tomb on March 30th?
4. Where does the narrator say she is staying in her February 16th entry?
5. What is the relationship between Tessie and Beth?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)