|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Section 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator start sleeping in the outdoor courtyard with Inder Lal's family?
(a) To escape the heat.
(b) To see the stars.
(c) To be close to Inder Lal.
(d) To escape the rodents.
2. Why does Inder Lal tell the narrator that his mother selected Ritu as his wife?
(a) She has all her teeth.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She can read and write.
(d) She brought a good dowry.
3. What does the palace watchman give to the narrator?
(a) A key.
(b) The rupees she drops on the way in.
(c) Mango leaves.
(d) Rock sugar and flower petals.
4. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
(a) The Nawab.
(b) Mr. Crawford.
(c) Major Minnies.
(d) Mrs. Crawford.
5. What prompts the narrator to investigate the royal tomb on March 30th?
(a) A loud groaning.
(b) A symbol she sees on the outside of the tomb.
(c) Something in Olivia's letters.
(d) Something she read at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
2. Who does not agree that a suttee is a form of suicide?
3. What is the relationship between Tessie and Beth?
4. Who befriends the narrator and gets her good deals at the bazaar in Section 11?
5. Why is the person the narrator discovers inside the royal tomb there, in Section 13?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)