|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Section 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
(a) Musical chairs.
(b) Hide and go seek.
(d) The Begum.
2. Why does the narrator say she buys Indian clothing after settling into her new place in Satipur?
(a) It is feminine and alluring.
(b) She wants to fit in.
(c) Her suitcase of clothing is stolen.
(d) It is cheaper and cooler.
3. What is a sadhu?
(a) A tomb painting.
(b) An unforgivable sin.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A holy man.
4. Who does the narrator say her grandmother is in the first section of the novel?
5. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
(a) They disliked each other.
(b) She hardly remembers him.
(c) They were very close.
(d) She never met him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awakens the narrator by screaming in the courtyard on March 9th?
2. What does the palace watchman give to the narrator?
3. Who does not agree that a suttee is a form of suicide?
4. What do Olivia and Douglas argue about when the prince extends a second visit to the palace?
5. What does the narrator say she learns about the house where Olivia and Douglas used to live in the February 16th journal entry?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)