|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 9 | Part 3 Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the recipient of Olivia's letters that are in the narrator's possession?
(b) Mrs. Saunders.
2. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) In a missionary hostel.
(b) With a woman she met on the trip over.
(c) In a doorway.
(d) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
3. What does Chid wear?
(a) A soldier's uniform.
(b) An orange Indian ascetic's robe.
(c) A beggar's badge.
(d) A very worn straw farmer's hat.
4. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
(c) A missionary.
(d) The hotel owner.
5. Who awakens the narrator by screaming in the courtyard on March 9th?
(a) Inder Lal's youngest child.
(b) A young girl she has never seen before.
(d) Inder Lal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to take the narrator to the Nawab's palace in Khatm for the first time?
2. Why does the narrator start sleeping in the outdoor courtyard with Inder Lal's family?
3. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
4. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
5. How does Olivia feel when she is first invited to visit the Nawab's palace with Douglas in 1923?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)