|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 9 | Part 3 Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) With a woman she met on the trip over.
(b) In a doorway.
(c) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
(d) In a missionary hostel.
2. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
(a) A missionary.
(b) The hotel owner.
3. What best describes the narrator's morning routine at her room in Satipur?
(a) She awakens to birds and cooks for Inder Lal.
(b) She works on her papers and doesn't stop to eat until late in the day.
(c) She lights the fire and eats with Inder Lal's family.
(d) She awakens to bells and works on her papers.
4. What does the palace watchman give to the narrator?
(a) Mango leaves.
(b) The rupees she drops on the way in.
(c) Rock sugar and flower petals.
(d) A key.
5. Why does Inder Lal tell the narrator that his mother selected Ritu as his wife?
(a) She can read and write.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She brought a good dowry.
(d) She has all her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about the relationship between Ritu and Inder Lal's mother?
2. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
3. What is the narrator called in Part 1 Section 4?
4. What is the Begum?
5. Whose father died from a stroke when he was only 15?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)