|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Section 9 | Part 3 Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to take the narrator to the Nawab's palace in Khatm for the first time?
(a) Inder Lal.
(b) Mr. Crawford.
2. What is the Begum?
(a) The Indian term for an English woman's gloves.
(b) The tree outside of Mrs. Saunders' window.
(c) The Nawab's mother.
(d) A traditional Indian game.
3. Why does the narrator start sleeping in the outdoor courtyard with Inder Lal's family?
(a) To escape the rodents.
(b) To be close to Inder Lal.
(c) To see the stars.
(d) To escape the heat.
4. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) In a doorway.
(b) In a missionary hostel.
(c) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
(d) With a woman she met on the trip over.
5. Who does the narrator say her grandmother is in the first section of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say she buys Indian clothing after settling into her new place in Satipur?
2. Who visits Olivia four days after she and Douglas attend their first dinner party at the palace?
3. Why does Inder Lal tell the narrator that his mother selected Ritu as his wife?
4. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
5. Whose father died from a stroke when he was only 15?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)