|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 Section 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the royal tombs visited by the narrator in Section 13?
(a) Crumbling to the ground.
(b) Enclosed by arches and dark.
(c) Gilt with gold and very ornate.
(d) Simple and peaceful.
2. Who tells the narrator the old beggar woman's name?
(c) Inder Lal's mother.
(d) The laundry woman.
3. Who accompanies the narrator to the royal tombs in Section 13?
(a) Inder Lal.
(b) Inder Lal's mother.
4. Describe the pianos that the Nawab shows to Olivia.
(a) Both are well-maintained.
(b) One is a baby grand, the other is a child-sized spinnet.
(c) One is black and the other is white.
(d) Both are in disrepair.
5. What topic do Olivia and Douglas start to discuss during her growing friendship with the Nawab?
(a) Returning to England.
(c) Having children.
(d) Adopting an Indian child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry return to the palace after staying with Olivia and Douglas for several days?
2. Whose father died from a stroke when he was only 15?
3. What is a sadhu?
4. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
5. Why is the person the narrator discovers inside the royal tomb there, in Section 13?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)