|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 Section 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry tell the narrator and Mrs. Crawford about his mother in Section 15?
(a) She has special visions.
(b) She has dysentery.
(c) He wants to visit her but the Nawab won't permit it.
(d) He visits her in Khatm every week.
2. Why does Harry tell the narrator and Mrs. Crawford that he has only been to the Nawab's mountain chalet once?
(a) The fire made it unlivable.
(b) It holds bitter memories for the Nawab.
(c) The Begum doesn't like it.
(d) He was forbidden to return after that first visit.
3. What does Olivia see in the room with the Nawab's pianos?
(a) Rusting camera equipment.
(b) A child-size bicycle.
(c) A painting of his first wife.
(d) A painting of herself.
4. What topic do Olivia and Douglas start to discuss during her growing friendship with the Nawab?
(b) Returning to England.
(c) Having children.
(d) Adopting an Indian child.
5. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
(b) Hide and go seek.
(c) Musical chairs.
(d) The Begum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the royal tombs visited by the narrator in Section 13?
2. Who does the narrator discover when she investigates the royal tomb on March 30th?
3. According to Olivia's letters, where do Mrs. Crawford and Mrs. Minnies go together in 1923?
4. Why is Mrs. Saunders ill when Olivia first meets her?
5. What is noticeable about the beggar woman that the narrator notices and ends up helping?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)