|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 Section 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the beggar woman who the narrator brings to the hospital living on the streets?
(a) No one knows where she comes from.
(b) Her husband divorced her and kicked her out of the home.
(c) She was evicted by her family after her husband died.
(d) She has no remaining relatives.
2. Why does Major Minnies consider "Husband's Wedding Day" a problem?
(a) There is conflict between the Hindus and the Muslims.
(b) The Nawab promotes anti-English sentiment on this day.
(c) There are too many people in a small space.
(d) The Nawab encourages fighting on this day.
3. What is noticeable about the beggar woman that the narrator notices and ends up helping?
(a) She is crippled and sits on a low platform with wheels.
(b) She never speaks; she holds out her hands when hungry.
(c) She sings throughout the day to earn money from passersby.
(d) She is blind and wears a band over her eyes.
4. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
(a) Hide and go seek.
(b) Musical chairs.
(c) The Begum.
5. What does Olivia see in the room with the Nawab's pianos?
(a) A child-size bicycle.
(b) A painting of herself.
(c) Rusting camera equipment.
(d) A painting of his first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the narrator to the royal tombs in Section 13?
2. Why does Harry tell the narrator and Mrs. Crawford that he has only been to the Nawab's mountain chalet once?
3. What prompts the narrator to investigate the royal tomb on March 30th?
4. Where does the narrator first notice the beggar woman in Section 23?
5. What is a sadhu?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)