|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7 Section 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the royal tombs visited by the narrator in Section 13?
(a) Enclosed by arches and dark.
(b) Simple and peaceful.
(c) Gilt with gold and very ornate.
(d) Crumbling to the ground.
2. Whose father died from a stroke when he was only 15?
(a) The Nawab.
(c) Mr. Crawford.
(d) Mr. Saunders.
3. Why doesn't Harry take the berth that Douglas has arranged for him?
(a) He has his own berth arranged.
(b) He does not want to leave his mother.
(c) The Nawab cancels the berth.
(d) He does not want to leave Olivia.
4. In whose arms does the old beggar woman die?
(c) Inder Lal's mother's.
(d) The narrator's.
5. Who says she came to India to find peace, but only got dysentery?
(a) Mrs. Saunders.
(b) An English girl the narrator meets at an old bungalow.
(c) The wife of the major at the Nawab's dinner party.
(d) Beth Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the beggar woman who the narrator brings to the hospital living on the streets?
2. Who does the narrator discover when she investigates the royal tomb on March 30th?
3. What happens when Olivia plays the piano for the Nawab?
4. What topic do Olivia and Douglas start to discuss during her growing friendship with the Nawab?
5. What game do Olivia and Nawab play when he first takes her to the grove?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)