|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia seem to feel about determining the father of her child in Section 29?
(c) She hopes it is Douglas.
(d) She hopes it is the Nawab.
2. How does the narrator describe Chid?
(a) He's a bit of calm in a storm of chaos.
(b) He's always hungry for sleep and sex.
(c) He carries an aura of danger.
(d) He's seeking for answers.
3. What do Karim and his friends think about the narrator's plans to visit India?
(a) That modern India is an impossible place to live.
(b) That she will find the answers she is seeking.
(c) That a Westerner won't last for a month.
(d) That she will fit in effortlessly.
4. Who does the Nawab have a meeting with on the day that Olivia tells him that she is pregnant?
(a) Major Minnies.
(b) The Begum's adviser.
(c) Mr. Crawford.
5. Who does Olivia first tell about her pregnancy?
(c) The Nawab.
(d) The Begum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chid do when someone gives him a guava or a banana?
2. Why does the narrator tell Inder Lal that she is in India (other than for Olivia's letters)?
3. What does Chid ask the narrator for in Section 21?
4. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
5. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)