|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Karim and his friends think about the narrator's plans to visit India?
(a) That modern India is an impossible place to live.
(b) That she will find the answers she is seeking.
(c) That a Westerner won't last for a month.
(d) That she will fit in effortlessly.
2. Where does Chid recover from his fever?
(a) In the narrator's room.
(b) In Inder Lal's home.
(c) In the suttee shrine.
(d) In the royal tomb.
3. What best describes Chid as a houseguest?
(a) Lazy and messy.
(b) Quiet as a mouse.
(c) Helpful and unobtrusive.
(d) Noisy and clumsy.
4. What does the narrator receive from Chid in Section 21?
(a) A robe.
(d) A plant.
5. What does the narrator think about Karim living in India?
(a) She thinks he is too sickly to live in India.
(b) She thinks he is too materialistic to live in India.
(c) She doesn't understand why he doesn't come to India.
(d) She can't imagine him living in India.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Olivia's visits to the palace affected after she tells the Nawab that she is pregnant?
2. When Chid visits the narrator, what does she do with her papers?
3. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
4. How does the narrator explain her spiritual calling to Inder Lal?
5. Why does the narrator tell Inder Lal that she is in India (other than for Olivia's letters)?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)