|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 10 Section 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does she tell Douglas that she is pregnant?
(a) Just before he leaves for a month long trip.
(b) As they are going to a dinner at the Nawab's.
(c) After they fight about routine household matters.
(d) On the same day she tells the Nawab.
2. How does the narrator explain her spiritual calling to Inder Lal?
(a) She does not feel any spiritual calling.
(b) She doesn't understand it, but feels pulled by a higher power.
(c) She feels she must find a spiritual calling, or is doomed.
(d) She felt called to come to India to pursue a higher calling.
3. Who does the Nawab have a meeting with on the day that Olivia tells him that she is pregnant?
(b) The Begum's adviser.
(c) Major Minnies.
(d) Mr. Crawford.
4. What does the narrator receive from Chid in Section 21?
(c) A plant.
(d) A robe.
5. How do the townspeople treat Chid?
(a) With fear.
(b) With disdain.
(c) With curiosity.
(d) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Karim and his friends think about the narrator's plans to visit India?
2. Who does Olivia first tell about her pregnancy?
3. What does Chid do when someone gives him a guava or a banana?
4. When Chid visits the narrator, what does she do with her papers?
5. Why does the narrator tell Inder Lal that she is in India (other than for Olivia's letters)?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)