1. Who does the narrator say her grandmother is in the first section of the novel?
2. How does the narrator describe her relationship with her grandfather?
(a) They were very close.
(b) They disliked each other.
(c) She never met him.
(d) She hardly remembers him.
3. What is the relationship between Tessie and Beth?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are bitter enemies.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are best friends.
4. Who gives Olivia's letters to Marcia?
(a) An anonymous source.
5. According to the narrator's first journal entry, where does she spend her first night in Bombay?
(a) In a doorway.
(b) In a cheap hotel attached to a bar.
(c) With a woman she met on the trip over.
(d) In a missionary hostel.
6. Who tells the narrator that nothing human is important in India?
(a) A missionary.
(c) The hotel owner.
This section contains 5,890 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)