Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Section 1 | Part 1 Section 2 Abstract
* The narrator introduces herself as Tessie and Douglas' granddaughter.
* The narrator tells about Olivia's letters and her own journal.
* The journal tells of the narrator's arrival in Bombay.
Part 1 Section 3 | Part 1 Section 4 Abstract
* Inder Lal rents the narrator a room in Satipur City.
* Ritu and Inder Lal's mother are introduced to...
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)