Part 1 Section 1 | Part 1 Section 2
• The narrator introduces herself as Tessie and Douglas' granddaughter.
• The narrator tells about Olivia's letters and her own journal.
• The journal tells of the narrator's arrival in Bombay.
Part 1 Section 3 | Part 1 Section 4
• Inder Lal rents the narrator a room in Satipur City.
• Ritu and Inder Lal's mother are introduced to the narrator.
• The narrator buys Indian clothing to deal with the heat.
Part 1 Section 5 | Part 2 Section 6
• The narrator and Inder Lal visit the Nawab's palace.
• Olivia and Douglas go to the Nawab's palace for a dinner party.
• The Nawab brings his entourage to visit Olivia at her home.
• Olivia and Douglas fight over the Nawab's dinner invitation, which excludes the Crawfords.
Part 2 Section 7 | Part 3 Section 8
• In a British rest house for travelers, the narrator meets Chid and an English couple.
• Olivia's first sight of the Saunders' gravestone brings her to tears.
• Olivia revisits the...
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)