|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Copeland tell his father-in-law he believed in?
2. Why does Portia suddenly take up drinking and arrive at her father's house drunk?
3. What is Dr. Copeland supposed to do on August 21, 1939?
4. In Chapter 9 what is the Kellys biggest problem?
5. How does Dr. Copeland feel about Mr. Singer's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the novel is, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter." In what ways does the title relate to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the composition written by the young boy and determine what were the problems Doctor Copeland had with the composition.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the inequality both Doctor Copeland and Jake Blount were so determined to help end. If these were actual people, were their approaches ever successful?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)