|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the music in Mick's mind after all the changes she undergoes during the past month?
2. How do Harry and Mick get the the Girl Scout camp?
3. What happens when Mick talked to Mr. Singer about getting a job?
4. What does Jake think about the town compared to others he'd visited?
5. What is the man named Simms trying to do to Jake Blount?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine and discuss the quote from Karl Marx that Doctor Copeland uses in the story, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." How did this apply to what was happening in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between this Southern town and Northern towns of equal size? Does the location of the story make a difference in this story? Why? How would the story change if it took place in a different location? What would be lost from the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the conversations with John Singer were mostly one sided. Was it mostly because he was deaf, or because they other characters were content just having someone to talk to?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)