|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mick Kelly write in her notebook?
2. In Chapter 9 what is the Kellys biggest problem?
3. What is the man named Simms trying to do to Jake Blount?
4. What does Jake say when Mr. Singer tells him about Willie?
5. What did Mr. Singer find out when he gets to the asylum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the author, Carson McCullers and determine how the character Mick may have been modeled after herself.
Essay Topic 2
What are the themes of the story? At your discretion, choose one of the themes and tell which characters fit that theme, and in what ways they fit into that theme of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the inequality both Doctor Copeland and Jake Blount were so determined to help end. If these were actual people, were their approaches ever successful?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)