|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Spiros Antonapoulos?
2. When she is introduced to the story, what time does Mick come into the restaurant ?
3. What does part of Biff almost wish?
4. What do Lucille and Biff both agree on?
5. Who is Biff Brannon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that Biff Brannon and his sister-in-law, Lucille, disagreed on?
2. Why did Doctor Copeland have problems choosing the essay contest winner?
3. Why did Blount return to Mister Singer's room?
4. Why does Doctor Copeland want to contact Mister Singer?
5. Why does Mick apply for the job at the ten-cent store?
6. What does John Singer do when Antonapoulos started getting into trouble?
7. What was Mick's theory about the younger kids in a family?
8. Who is Mick Kelly?
9. Why is Doctor Copeland being forced to move from his home?
10. What do we learn about the Kellys financial situation in Part 2, Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Jake Blount's statement, "The old cow grazes all over--in the south, the west, the north, and the east. But she's milked in just one place." What did he mean by this analogy?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the characters intertwined with one another throughout the novel; however, most had an independent relationship with John Singer. In what ways was his role in the story important? Would the entire novel have had enough substance without him in the story? What role did he play?
Essay Topic 3
What are the themes of the story? At your discretion, choose one of the themes and tell which characters fit that theme, and in what ways they fit into that theme of the story.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)