|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Singer on the train?
(a) He is going to visit his friend Antonapoulos.
(b) He is looking for a new home.
(c) He is going to visit his sister.
(d) He is going to the Gulf on vacation.
2. What does Mr. Singer do when he returns to his home from the asylum?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He slits his wrists.
(d) He cries.
3. Who does Dr. Copeland decide he needs to talk to about his son?
(a) The superior court judge.
(b) Mr. Singer.
(c) The pharmacist, Marshall Nicolls.
(d) His other sons.
4. When Mick thinks about the last month, what two things can't she believe?
(a) That Mr. Singer had committed suicide and that she had found him.
(b) That school was starting soon and she was working.
(c) That Mr. Singer was dead and she was grown and working at Woolworth's.
(d) That she was alone and unhappy.
5. What does Biff keep in the room downstairs?
(a) Old photographs of Alice.
(b) A radio and a rocking chair.
(c) His files, a rocking chair, and his mandolin.
(d) His files and newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Copeland lack the strength to do?
2. What happens to the music in Mick's mind after all the changes she undergoes during the past month?
3. What was wrong with Etta Kelly?
4. Who is the only person in Mick's "inside" room?
5. After remembering that Mr. Singer is dead, what does Jake do when he realizes he won't be able to talk to the person he'd like to?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)