|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the music in Mick's mind after all the changes she undergoes during the past month?
(a) It is in her secret box.
(b) She sings more of it.
(c) It is gone.
(d) She writes it all down.
2. How is Mick feeling at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Sick and tired.
(b) Angry and cheated.
(c) Afraid and misunderstood.
(d) Angry and bewildered.
3. What does Dr. Copeland lack the strength to do?
(a) To shout his feelings to the world.
(b) To sit up and speak in a loud voice.
(c) To crawl into the back of the wagon for a nap.
(d) To jump off the wagon and go home again.
4. Why does Harry say he is leaving town?
(a) Because he can make better money in another town.
(b) Because if he stays his mother will figure out what they did.
(c) Because he wantsd to marry Mick and she says no.
(d) Because he is afraid he'll go to jail for what he did.
5. What does Jake tell Copeland's guests he wants to do?
(a) Take the boys to a special hospital in Texas to get help.
(b) Take the boys around, and tell people what happened and why.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Take the boys to the state capitol, and tell the governor what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mr. Singer is on the train, what is he thinking about his four frequent visitors?
2. Where is Jake Blount running as he tries to escape his problem?
3. What does Jake think about the town compared to others he'd visited?
4. What religion does Harry tell Mick he was?
5. What does Jake say when Mr. Singer tells him about Willie?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)