|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Dr. Copeland eat?
(c) Dairy products.
2. What does Jake do after he trashes his ruined overalls?
(a) He walks around town.
(b) He goes to the New York Cafe for breakfast.
(c) He goes to the fruit store and got some apples.
(d) He goes to Main Street and bought a newspaper.
3. Who took a drunken Jake Blount home?
(a) Mick Kelly took Jake Blount home with her.
(b) Biff Brannon took Jake Blount home with him.
(c) Mr. Singer took Jake Blount home with him.
(d) The Sherrif took Jake Blount home with him..
4. What does Dr. Copeland feel when he remembered Mr. Singer's face.
5. What does Willie tell Biff Brannon happened to Jake Blount after he left the cafe?
(a) Jake had been arrested for fighting.
(b) Jake was in a fight with two white men.
(c) Jake was fighting with the police.
(d) Jake was beating his fists against a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Jake Blount seems to stand out most to Brannon?
2. What do the three men do after Jake spoke to them?
3. What did Mick want to do when she was standing with her arms spread out like wings?
4. Who is Spiros Antonapoulos?
5. What does Dr. Copeland's daughter want them to stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with Mick in the opening of Part 2, Chapter 14?
2. Why is Portia so determined that her father should live with her grandfather and other brothers when he is so different from them?
3. Why does Doctor Copeland want to contact Mister Singer?
4. What impact does the situation with Hitler in Europe have on Harry and Mick?
5. What happens when Jake Blount finally meets, Simms, the man who wrote the message on the wall?
6. What question was plaguing Biff Brannon as he watched Mister Singer, Jake Blount, and Mick Kelly together?
7. What do Biff Brannon and his wife, Alice, argue about when they are first introduced to the story?
8. What bothered Doctor Copeland when he attended the family reunion?
9. What kind of offer does Lucille present to the Kellys after Bubber shoots her daughter, Baby?
10. Why did the four people, Mick Kelly, Jake Blount, Doctor Copeland, and Biff Brannon visit Mister Singer so often?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)