|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocks on Dr. Copeland's door at the opening of Chapter 5?
(b) A patient.
(c) Mick Kelly.
2. What was Jake Blount talking about when he was at the restaurant?
(a) About doomsday.
(b) A weird kind of politics.
(c) About everything and nothing.
(d) About religion.
3. Where did Mick Kelly take her brothers on Sunday morning?
(a) To a big, haunted house.
(b) To the playground to climb the sliding board.
(c) To a big, new house that was being built.
(d) To the church to look out from the steeple.
4. Who does Dr. Copeland tell his guests about at the Christmas party?
(a) Santa Claus.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Mr. Singer.
5. How does Dr. Copeland feel after the Christmas party?
(a) He feels sick to his stomach.
(b) He feels joy that the people seemed to understand his message.
(c) He feels the need to write an article about his speech.
(d) He wants a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the four people who often visited Mr. Singer?
2. Who does Mick "prom with" at her party?
3. What happens after Antonapoulos becomes ill?
4. What is the Sunny Dixie Show?
5. Why is Dr. Copeland so interested in Mr. Singer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What generally goes on inside Mick Kelly's head?
2. In what way did Doctor Copeland use the Christmas party as a forum?
3. Why is Biff Brannon so drawn to Mick Kelly?
4. What characteristics did Biff Brannon have that may have seemed in conflict, yet after the death of his wife flourished?
5. Why does Jake Blount bring a black man into the restaurant with him when he knew blacks cannot eat in the same place as white people?
6. Why is Doctor Copeland being forced to move from his home?
7. Why were the black families so hard hit with problems during the month of February?
8. Why did Blount return to Mister Singer's room?
9. What kind of offer does Lucille present to the Kellys after Bubber shoots her daughter, Baby?
10. What is the difference between Jake Blount and Doctor Copeland's feelings about inequality of the races and the power of the rich?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)