|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mick say to Portia about God?
(a) That God is Santa Claus.
(b) That God is not real, but that Santa Claus is.
(c) She believes in God and in Santa Claus.
(d) She doesn't believe in God any more than she believes in Santa Claus.
2. Who does Dr. Copeland tell his guests about at the Christmas party?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Mr. Singer.
(d) Santa Claus.
3. Where does Jake go with the fruit basket it purchased.
(a) To visit Biff Brannon.
(b) To work at the Sunny Dixie Show.
(c) To visit Mr. Singer.
(d) He found a picnic bench.
4. What happens to Biff Brannon on October 8?
(a) He goes to see Mr. Singer.
(b) He changes into a new pair of pants.
(c) He starts a new business.
(d) His wife dies.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does Spareribs bring with him to the Kelly house?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A Parcheesi game.
(c) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucille preparing her daughter to do?
2. No matter what she is doing, what is always going on in the back of Mick's mind?
3. What does Mr. Singer tell Antonapoulos about his four visitors?
4. Where does Dr. Copeland go after the Christmas party?
5. What does Dr. Copeland's daughter tell him about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What regrets does Doctor Copeland have about his relationship with his family?
2. What do Spiros Antonapoulos and John Singer have in common?
3. Why does Jake insist on going to visit Willie after hears about the young man's situation?
4. What does Biff Brannon do as he stands behind the cash register in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. After living without his friend for over a year, why did the death of the other man push Mister Singer to suicide?
6. Why does Mick sit on the stairs for such a long time?
7. How does Jake Blount react when he realizes Mister Singer was deaf and mute?
8. Why did Doctor Copeland have problems choosing the essay contest winner?
9. Why is Portia so determined that her father should live with her grandfather and other brothers when he is so different from them?
10. What is the difference between Jake Blount and Doctor Copeland's feelings about inequality of the races and the power of the rich?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)