|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucille preparing her daughter to do?
(a) Have an acting career.
(b) Find a rich husband.
(c) Get into a good college.
(d) To be a beauty queen.
2. What puzzles Biff Brannon so that he thinks about it late at night?
(a) Mr. Singer.
(b) Jake Blount.
(c) Mick Kelly.
3. How does Jake Blount feel when he is at home?
(a) All answers are correct.
4. Why is Jake Blount so drawn to Mr. Singer?
(a) Mr. Singer is very kind to him.
(b) Mr. Singer never argues with him.
(c) Mr. Singer listens to him and seems to understand.
(d) Mr. Singer gives him a lot of beer.
5. What was the motto of the organization Jake Blount once founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucille tell Biff not to do?
2. What does Mick say to Portia about God?
3. What does Jake tell Mr. Singer that he had once done to his hand?
4. What does Dr. Copeland's daughter tell him about her job?
5. What does Mick's father do for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jake Blount not feel like a stranger in a strange town?
2. What regrets does Doctor Copeland have about his relationship with his family?
3. What caused the riot at the Sunny Dixie Show?
4. What kind of offer does Lucille present to the Kellys after Bubber shoots her daughter, Baby?
5. What does Blount want even more than a job?
6. What bothered Doctor Copeland when he attended the family reunion?
7. Why did Biff Brannon seem to be closer to his wife than they were when she was alive?
8. What does Jake Blount mean when he speaks about "us," saying he doesn't know how many of us there are in this country?
9. Why did Doctor Copeland have problems choosing the essay contest winner?
10. In what way did Doctor Copeland use the Christmas party as a forum?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)