|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Biff Brannon?
(a) A stranger in town no one likes.
(b) The owner of the jewelry store where Singer works.
(c) The owner of the New York Cafe.
(d) A retired teacher.
2. Why did Mick say she wore shorts?
(a) She didn't want to look like her sisters or wear their hand-me-downs.
(b) She thought it was too hot for long pants.
(c) She could climb trees better in shorts than a skirt.
(d) She wanted to look like her brothers, not her sisters.
3. Who is the only person in Mick's "inside" room?
(b) Mr. Singer.
(c) Her father.
(d) Carol Lombard.
4. What does Biff keep in the room downstairs?
(a) A radio and a rocking chair.
(b) His files, a rocking chair, and his mandolin.
(c) Old photographs of Alice.
(d) His files and newspapers.
5. What has Jake Blount been so upset about, even before he came to this town?
(a) The long hours he has to work at the Sunny Dixie Show.
(b) He doesn't have enough beer to drink.
(c) The way he has to work to eat.
(d) The few rich people versus the many poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the written on the card that Mr. Singer gave Jake Blount?
2. What religion does Harry tell Mick he was?
3. What does Dr. Copeland try to teach Negro parents?
4. What is Lucille preparing her daughter to do?
5. What does Mick's father do for a job?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)