|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Portia say her father is?
(a) A black judge.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A black doctor in town.
2. How does Mr. Singer communicate with Antonapoulos?
(a) Sign language
(b) He writes notes.
(c) They can't communicate.
3. What does Biff do to the bedroom after Alice dies?
(a) He scrubbs the floor.
(b) He remodels it.
(c) He paints the room.
(d) He keeps it exactly the same.
4. What did Mick do in the afternoon after her conversation with Portia in the kitchen?
(a) Walked up and down the street.
(b) Went to the YWCA.
(c) Paced the hallways of the house.
(d) Went outside to play.
5. According to Dr. Copeland, what is wrong with the best written essay?
(a) There were too many mistakes in grammar.
(b) There were too many wild notions.
(c) There was too much hatred in it.
(d) There was no name on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the four people who often visited Mr. Singer?
2. As she sat on the landing listening to Miss Brown's radio, where did Mick want be?
3. Who is Portia?
4. Who does Biff hire to work at the restaurant?
5. No matter what she is doing, what is always going on in the back of Mick's mind?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)