Objective: Part 1, Chapter 1 The objective of this lesson is to better understand the relationship between John Singer and Spiros Antonapoulos.
1) Discussion Points and Questions:
- How long did John Singer and Spiros Antonapoulos share an apartment?
- What did Singer and Antonapoulos have in common?
- Why was it so difficult for them to communicate with others?
- Why did they have difficulty developing a relationship with other people who were deaf and mute?
- What happened that changed their relationship?
- How did they handle their eventual separation?
Equipment and Supplies: White boards.
1. Draw a line down the center of a white board and on one side write Singer, on the other Antonapoulos. In a large group list the two character's characteristics and personality traits. Connect the things they had in common. Discuss why they were able to maintain such a relationship with so little...
This section contains 9,117 words
(approx. 31 pages at 300 words per page)