|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King do at the baking contest that embarrasses Catherine?
(a) Orders Jest to escort Catherine to the judging table.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Recites a spontaneous poem about her dessert.
(d) Says he cannot judge her dessert because he plans to marry her.
2. What do the Sisters warn Catherine and her friends not to do in order to avoid their fates?
(a) They tell them not to go to Chess.
(b) They tell Jest and Catherine they must not harm the Jabberwock.
(c) They tell them not to go through a door.
(d) They tell Catherine not to marry the King.
3. Who does Peter recognize having seen before when the group comes to rescue Mary Ann?
4. Who saves Catherine from Peter when he finds her in his pumpkin patch trying to rescue Mary Ann?
(b) Mary Ann.
5. Who does Catherine see Jest talking to in the lobby of the theater?
(a) The King.
(b) The White Rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheshire call Catherine on the day of her wedding?
2. Why does Catherine choose to bake a key lime pie for the king?
3. Why does Catherine send Raven to release Mary Ann from the pumpkin?
4. What does Hatta say works differently in Chess?
5. Why does the Marchioness tell Catherine she owes the King her gratitude after he attempts to arrest Jest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Catherine angry at Mary Ann when she returns home after having her ankle healed?
2. Why is it so important to Catherine that she win the baking contest?
3. Why does Catherine try to bargain with Time after Jest dies?
4. Why does Catherine grow increasingly frustrated with the way the King rules Hearts?
5. What does Peter reveal as the reason the Jabberwock tried to eat Cheshire and did eat Lion?
6. Why is Peter so angry to see Hatta in his pumpkin patch?
7. Why does Catherine bring the King a key lime pie?
8. Why is Catherine angry to learn that the Duke and Margaret are courting?
9. How does Mary Ann know that Lady Peter is the Jabberwock?
10. During the Turtle Days Festival, why does Catherine tell Jest he should not touch her?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)