|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the masquerade, what reason does Catherine give Jest for accepting the King's proposal?
(a) So that he can complete his mission.
(b) She wants to please her parents.
(c) She has decided she likes the idea of being a queen.
(d) She does not love Jest.
2. What does Catherine wear when she goes to see the King after Jest's death?
(a) A crown.
(b) Her macaron hat.
(c) A black dress and lace veil.
(d) A red dress.
3. Who confesses to also having been in love with Jest?
(d) Mary Ann.
4. What does Catherine trip over in Peter's pumpkin patch when she goes to save Mary Ann?
(a) A Jabberwock footprint.
(b) A pumpkin vine.
(c) The Jabberwock's tail.
(d) Jest's body.
5. Why does Catherine send Raven to release Mary Ann from the pumpkin?
(a) She hopes Raven and Mary Ann will fall in love.
(b) She thinks Raven is the only one who can save Mary Ann.
(c) She is worried that Peter will kill Raven.
(d) She is afraid that Raven will kill Jest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Ann do as she walks across the courtiers to the theater?
2. Why does Catherine choose to bake a key lime pie for the king?
3. How many days after Catherine finally accepts the King's proposal is the wedding held?
4. What is on the mask that Jest wears to the masquerade?
5. What does the King do at the baking contest that embarrasses Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Rock Turtle Cove founded?
2. What do the Sisters say Catherine's heart can do for them?
3. Why is Peter so angry to see Hatta in his pumpkin patch?
4. What is the secret to being able to find the treacle well?
5. Why does the King say that he cannot judge Catherine's cake at the baking contest?
6. Why does Hatta refuse to accept Catherine's business proposal?
7. Why does Catherine bring the King a key lime pie?
8. Why does Catherine decide that she will marry the King before going to the masquerade ball?
9. Why does Catherine grow increasingly frustrated with the way the King rules Hearts?
10. Why does Mary Ann apologize to the courtiers as she walks into the theater?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)