|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jest accused of after taking Catherine to the treacle well?
2. What production does the King invite Catherine to see with him at the theater?
(a) Flight of the Flamingo.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Tart.
(d) King Cheer.
3. What do Catherine's parents think she has come to talk to them about following the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) Turtle's transformation.
(b) The prize for the baking contest.
(c) The King's proposal.
(d) Her bakery.
4. Who gives Catherine his jacket when they enter the maze?
5. Who confesses to also having been in love with Jest?
(a) Mary Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King threaten to do if Catherine brings up opening a bakery again?
2. Who does Catherine suggest might be helped by the treacle well?
3. Where does Hatta get the materials he uses to make his hats?
4. Why does the Marchioness tell Catherine she owes the King her gratitude after he attempts to arrest Jest?
5. What does the King do at the baking contest that embarrasses Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the King say that he cannot judge Catherine's cake at the baking contest?
2. Why does Catherine grow increasingly frustrated with the way the King rules Hearts?
3. How does Hatta think he can escape the fate of going mad?
4. Why does Catherine bring the King a key lime pie?
5. In Catherine's last encounter with the Jabberwock, why does the Jabberwock only have one eye?
6. Why is Peter Peter so desperate to know what Catherine has done with the Vorpal Sword when he approaches her at the masquerade?
7. Why did Catherine's father cry the first time she told him a story?
8. How does Mary Ann know that Lady Peter is the Jabberwock?
9. What makes Catherine angry at Mary Ann when she returns home after having her ankle healed?
10. What bothers Hatta about having to give the Sisters five minutes of his time as his payment for entering the maze?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)