|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Margaret pretend to play with Catherine to avoid the Duke at the tea party?
2. Which of the following best describes the King's physical appearance?
(d) Extremely fat.
3. What color are the eyes of the boy that Catherine dreams about?
4. How does Mary Ann describe the way Catherine talks about Jest?
(a) Like he is a fairy tale prince.
(b) Like a piece of chocolate cake.
(c) Like he is a knight in shining armor.
(d) Like a foolish schoolgirl.
5. What does the hat that Margaret wears to the King's tea party look like?
(a) A teapot.
(b) A piglet.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A rosebud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret say that gossiping always leads to?
2. What color does Cheshire turn after eating pastries at the ball?
3. When Mary Ann first learns that Catherine has been seeing Jest, what does she suggest Jest may be after?
4. What is the prize for winning the baking contest?
5. What does Catherine plan to name her bakery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What talent does Catherine "perform" at Hatta's tea party?
2. Why is Catherine flustered at the King's tea party by the King asking her if she likes Jest?
3. Why is Mary Ann frightened when she comes into Catherine's room on the night of Hatta's tea party?
4. Why does Jest steal Jack's hat?
5. After the King asks permission to court Catherine, how does Catherine know that Jest is waiting outside her window?
6. After the King's ball, why does Cheshire tell Catherine that he does not think many people know it was Catherine the King intended to propose to?
7. Why was Peter Peter knighted?
8. During the croquet game, why does Jest accuse Catherine of having been dishonest with him?
9. How does Cheshire know the courtiers who were taken in the Jabberwock's attack on the ball are dead?
10. What irritates Catherine about Margaret Mearle?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)