|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cheshire's magical ability?
(a) He can read minds.
(b) He can make objects disappear.
(c) He can become invisible or partially invisible.
(d) He can fly.
2. Why does the Duke hesitate to lease the shop to Catherine?
(a) He worries that the Marquess will not approve.
(b) He does not like Catherine.
(c) He does not think women should own businesses.
(d) He does not think Catherine will be able to pay the rent.
3. What does Catherine tell Cheshire she plans to do in response to the King's many gifts of flowers and poetry?
(a) Go to the palace to visit the King.
(b) Send the King tarts.
(d) Tell the King to stop.
4. Who does Mr. Penguin the butler announce has come to visit Rock Turtle Cove after the tea party?
(a) The White Rabbit.
(b) The Duke.
(d) The King.
5. What does the Marchioness fear has happened when Catherine tells her about the King's tea party?
(a) Catherine has fallen in love with Jest.
(b) Catherine's reputation has been ruined by Cheshire's gossip.
(c) The King has lost interest in Catherine.
(d) The Marquess has fallen out of favor with the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right before Jest appears at the ball?
2. What color dress does Catherine want to wear to the ball?
3. What is the Crossroads?
4. What color are the eyes of the boy that Catherine dreams about?
5. At what event does Catherine plan to give the King rose macarons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Ann think that Catherine might find news about the cobbler closing his shop interesting?
2. Why does Jest decline to tell Catherine where Hatta and Haigha are from?
3. What information about Jest does Catherine withhold from Mary Ann when she confesses that she was at a tea party with him?
4. Why is Catherine flustered at the King's tea party by the King asking her if she likes Jest?
5. How does Hatta feel about Jest trying to keep Catherine from performing at his tea party?
6. Why is Catherine baking lemon tarts at the beginning of the book?
7. After the King asks permission to court Catherine, how does Catherine know that Jest is waiting outside her window?
8. Why is it strange that Cheshire has not heard anything about the new Joker prior to the ball?
9. After the King's ball, why does Cheshire tell Catherine that he does not think many people know it was Catherine the King intended to propose to?
10. What irritates Catherine about Margaret Mearle?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)