|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Lion from getting to the Crossroads to escape the Jabberwock?
(a) Jest tells him to turn back.
(b) Turtle freezes and Lion tries to save him.
(c) His hat falls over his eyes and he cannot see where he is going.
(d) He trips and falls.
2. What kind of animal is the butler at Rock Turtle Cove?
3. What does Catherine do when she laughs that Mary Ann teases her about?
(a) Turns pink.
(d) Brays like a donkey.
4. What color are the eyes of the boy that Catherine dreams about?
5. What favor does the Duke ask of Catherine?
(a) For Catherine to lend him Mary Ann as a servant.
(b) For Catherine to put in a good word about him to the King.
(c) For Catherine to put in a good word about him to Margaret.
(d) For Catherine to bake desserts for a party he is planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine plan to name her bakery?
2. What does Jest say about Catherine's demeanor when she talks about baking?
3. What observation does Catherine make about Hatta's shop the first time she steps into it?
4. What does Jest pull out of Jack's hat?
5. What talent does Turtle display during Hatta's tea party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hatta feel about Jest trying to keep Catherine from performing at his tea party?
2. Why does Jest steal Jack's hat?
3. Why does the White Rabbit tell Catherine that she is "very noticeable" when she arrives for the King's ball?
4. Why is Catherine flustered at the King's tea party by the King asking her if she likes Jest?
5. Why is Catherine baking lemon tarts at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does Lion agree to be the last one to enter the Crossroads when the Jabberwock attacks the tea party?
7. What upsetting event does Margaret tell Catherine happened at the King's ball?
8. Why is Catherine disconcerted to learn that the Duke owns the store the cobbler is leaving?
9. After the King's ball, why does Cheshire tell Catherine that he does not think many people know it was Catherine the King intended to propose to?
10. Why does the sight of Raven's shadow sometimes frighten Catherine?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)