|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lemon tarts does Catherine take to the ball?
(a) A dozen.
2. How does Mary Ann say that her new bonnet makes her feel?
3. What does Catherine tell Cheshire she plans to do in response to the King's many gifts of flowers and poetry?
(a) Send the King tarts.
(b) Go to the palace to visit the King.
(d) Tell the King to stop.
4. What does Catherine see on her windowsill following the King's request to court her?
(a) A lemon tart.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A white rose.
(d) A heart shaped box of chocolates.
5. What does the Marchioness fear has happened when Catherine tells her about the King's tea party?
(a) Catherine's reputation has been ruined by Cheshire's gossip.
(b) The King has lost interest in Catherine.
(c) The Marquess has fallen out of favor with the King.
(d) Catherine has fallen in love with Jest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves Hatta's shop first to create a distraction for the Jabberwock?
2. What does Jest say about Catherine's demeanor when she talks about baking?
3. What kind of hat does Catherine choose to wear at Hatta's tea party?
4. What game does Margaret pretend to play with Catherine to avoid the Duke at the tea party?
5. What does Catherine plan to name her bakery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do white roses grow in Catherine's room on the night of the King's ball?
2. Why does Jest steal Jack's hat?
3. What irritates Catherine about Margaret Mearle?
4. During the croquet game, why does Jest accuse Catherine of having been dishonest with him?
5. Why does the sight of Raven's shadow sometimes frighten Catherine?
6. Where did the lemons that Catherine used to make lemon tarts for the King's ball come from?
7. After the King's ball, why does Cheshire tell Catherine that he does not think many people know it was Catherine the King intended to propose to?
8. Why does the White Rabbit tell Catherine that she is "very noticeable" when she arrives for the King's ball?
9. After the King asks permission to court Catherine, how does Catherine know that Jest is waiting outside her window?
10. Why is Catherine disconcerted to learn that the Duke owns the store the cobbler is leaving?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)