|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jest accused of after taking Catherine to the treacle well?
2. What does Catherine insist White Rabbit do when she arrives at the masquerade?
(a) Announce her as Jest's lover.
(b) Announce her as the King's bride.
(c) Announce her separately from her parents.
(d) Bow to her.
3. What does Catherine pull from Jest's hat during the Jabberwock's attack in the theater?
(a) The Vorpal Sword.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A pumpkin.
4. Which two characters have an argument while traveling through the maze?
(a) Hatta and Catherine.
(b) Hatta and Raven.
(c) Jest and Hatta.
(d) Raven and Hatta.
5. At the masquerade, what reason does Catherine give Jest for accepting the King's proposal?
(a) She has decided she likes the idea of being a queen.
(b) She wants to please her parents.
(c) So that he can complete his mission.
(d) She does not love Jest.
6. Who was the only character that Catherine told about her deal with the Sisters?
(b) The King.
7. Who was the only judge to eat Catherine's pumpkin cake?
(a) The Knave.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke.
8. Who does Peter recognize having seen before when the group comes to rescue Mary Ann?
9. What does Catherine say the Sisters did after they took her heart?
(a) They freed her.
(b) They helped her forget Jest.
(c) They gave her the strength to kill Peter.
(d) They made her love the King.
10. Why is Hatta angry at Catherine when she visits him after the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) He believes she has been leading Jest on.
(b) He thinks she purposely caused Turtle's transformation.
(c) He thinks Catherine is responsible for the Jabberwock attacks.
(d) She forgot to pay him for her hat.
11. What does Hatta say works differently in Chess?
(a) The justice system.
(c) Hat making.
(d) The royal court.
12. What three gifts do the Sisters ask for in return for the treacle that heals Catherine's injury?
(a) A blade of grass, a pebble, and a dew drop.
(b) A stocking, a kiss, and a boot.
(c) A flower, a chocolate, and a ribbon.
(d) A feather, Jest's cap, and Catherine's necklace.
13. What are the Sisters wearing the second time the group reaches the treacle well on their way to Chess?
(a) Animal masks.
(b) Heart-shaped necklaces.
(c) Fantastical hats.
(d) Flowery dresses.
14. How does Catherine kill the Jabberwock?
(a) She stabs it in the eye.
(b) She stabs it through the heart.
(c) She chases it over a cliff.
(d) She beheads it with the Vorpal Sword.
15. What production does the King invite Catherine to see with him at the theater?
(a) King Cheer.
(b) Flight of the Flamingo.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Tart.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine goes to rescue Mary Ann, what reason does Mary Ann give Catherine for having come to the pumpkin patch?
2. Which of the following best describes the King when Catherine visits him at court to accept his proposal after Jest's death?
3. Why do the Sisters believe Peter Peter will come to them?
4. What rank in Hearts is a Rook from Chess equal to?
5. What does Hatta say is the foundation of his business?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)