|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows in Catherine's bedroom during the night after the King tries to arrest Jest?
(a) A lemon tree.
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A key lime tree.
(d) A bleeding heart bush.
2. Who does Catherine tell Mary Ann she should go work for since she no longer wants her as a maid?
(a) Mr. Caterpillar.
(b) The Duke.
(c) White Rabbit.
(d) The Queen of Diamonds.
3. Why does the Marchioness tell Catherine she owes the King her gratitude after he attempts to arrest Jest?
(a) He is going to give Catherine the money for her bakery.
(b) Because the King is trying to protect the kingdom from the Jabberwock.
(c) She says the King could have ordered Jest to be executed.
(d) She says the King spared Catherine's honor.
4. What is Jest supposed to steal as part of his mission?
(a) The King's crown.
(b) The Queen of Hearts' first born child.
(c) Hatta's sanity.
(d) Catherine's heart.
5. What three gifts do the Sisters ask for in return for the treacle that heals Catherine's injury?
(a) A stocking, a kiss, and a boot.
(b) A flower, a chocolate, and a ribbon.
(c) A feather, Jest's cap, and Catherine's necklace.
(d) A blade of grass, a pebble, and a dew drop.
6. What is Hatta doing when Jest and Catherine arrive at his shop following the masquerade?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Making a hat.
(d) Having a tea party.
7. What does Mary Ann do as she walks across the courtiers to the theater?
8. How does Catherine recall the Jabberwock being killed in fairy tales?
(a) It is poisoned.
(b) Its head is cut off.
(c) It is drowned.
(d) It is shot with a golden arrow.
9. What are Catherine's parents concerned about after Turtle's transformation?
(a) Turtle's health.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) Catherine's failure as a baker.
(d) Catherine's relationship with Jest.
10. What does Hatta say is the foundation of his business?
(b) His reputation.
(c) Jest's friendship.
(d) His skill.
11. Who saves Catherine from Peter when he finds her in his pumpkin patch trying to rescue Mary Ann?
(c) Mary Ann.
12. Who was the only character that Catherine told about her deal with the Sisters?
(d) The King.
13. Which of the following is not a judge at the Baking Contest?
(a) The Marquess.
(b) The King.
(c) The Knave of Hearts.
(d) The Duke.
14. What does Catherine tell Margaret is the true reason that Margaret is always spouting morals?
(a) Margaret is trying to hide her insecurities.
(b) Margaret is a very wise woman.
(c) Margaret is cruel.
(d) Margaret is an idiot.
15. What price do the Sisters ask of Jest before the group enters the maze?
(a) His heart.
(b) His hat.
(c) The bells from his hat.
(d) A riddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have an argument while traveling through the maze?
2. Who does Catherine see Jest talking to in the lobby of the theater?
3. How does Catherine kill the Jabberwock?
4. Who does Peter recognize having seen before when the group comes to rescue Mary Ann?
5. What prevents Catherine from dancing with the King following her acceptance of his proposal?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)