|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine pull from Jest's hat during the Jabberwock's attack in the theater?
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) The Vorpal Sword.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. Who gives Catherine his jacket when they enter the maze?
3. What does Hatta tell Catherine will happen if she fails to defeat the Red Queen?
(a) She will be unable to marry Jest.
(b) She will live a life of servitude.
(c) She will be executed.
(d) She will be exiled from Chess.
4. What do the Sisters warn Catherine and her friends not to do in order to avoid their fates?
(a) They tell them not to go to Chess.
(b) They tell them not to go through a door.
(c) They tell Catherine not to marry the King.
(d) They tell Jest and Catherine they must not harm the Jabberwock.
5. Who helps Catherine to dress for the King's masquerade party?
(b) Mary Ann.
(d) The Marchioness.
6. What grows in Catherine's bedroom during the night after the King tries to arrest Jest?
(a) A key lime tree.
(b) A rose bush.
(c) A lemon tree.
(d) A bleeding heart bush.
7. Who was the only judge to eat Catherine's pumpkin cake?
(a) The King.
(c) The Knave.
(d) The Duke.
8. What does the King do to relieve the people's fears about the Jabberwock?
(a) Tells the people the Jabberwock is not real.
(b) Sends out his bravest knights.
(c) Hosts a masquerade.
(d) Vows to kill the Jabberwock.
9. When Catherine goes to rescue Mary Ann, what reason does Mary Ann give Catherine for having come to the pumpkin patch?
(a) She wanted to steal another pumpkin.
(b) She wanted to apologize to Peter for stealing a pumpkin.
(c) She hoped to talk to Lady Peter about the Jabberwock attacks.
(d) She was looking for a cure or evidence of the Jabberwock's true identity.
10. Who confesses to also having been in love with Jest?
(a) Mary Ann.
11. How do the Sisters reveal their prophecy to Catherine, Jest, Raven, and Hatta?
(a) Everyone in the group dreams about the prophecy.
(b) They recite it in a poem.
(c) They read it in tea leaves.
(d) It is drawn on a wall.
12. How does Catherine recall the Jabberwock being killed in fairy tales?
(a) It is shot with a golden arrow.
(b) It is poisoned.
(c) It is drowned.
(d) Its head is cut off.
13. Who tries to convince Catherine not to marry the King on the day of the wedding?
(d) Mary Ann.
14. What does Cheshire call Catherine on the day of her wedding?
15. What does the Marchioness say will happen to Catherine if she runs a bakery?
(a) She will be able to be Queen and pursue her dream.
(b) She will be unhappy.
(c) She will get rich.
(d) She will get fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jest do to save Catherine from the pressing crowd at the Turtle Days Festival?
2. Who does Peter recognize having seen before when the group comes to rescue Mary Ann?
3. What does Catherine order White Rabbit to have removed from the garden?
4. What does Raven do to the Jabberwock during the attack in the theater?
5. At the masquerade, what reason does Catherine give Jest for accepting the King's proposal?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)