|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catherine suspect Hatta of causing Turtle's transformation?
(a) She thinks Hatta was trying to get Jest's attention.
(b) Hatta never liked Turtle.
(c) Turtle's hat is on Hatta's desk.
(d) Hatta has been known to play pranks.
2. What are Catherine's parents concerned about after Turtle's transformation?
(a) Catherine's relationship with Jest.
(b) Catherine's failure as a baker.
(c) Their reputation.
(d) Turtle's health.
3. Why does Catherine choose to bake a key lime pie for the king?
(a) She and Jest once shared a key lime pie.
(b) Cheshire told her key lime is the King's favorite.
(c) He once told her it was the key to his heart.
(d) She knows he does not like key lime.
4. What does Cheshire call Catherine on the day of her wedding?
5. What price do the Sisters ask of Jest before the group enters the maze?
(a) The bells from his hat.
(b) A riddle.
(c) His heart.
(d) His hat.
6. What does Lady Peter ask Catherine for at the theater?
(b) A dress to borrow.
(c) Help escaping her husband.
(d) More pumpkin cake.
7. Who was the only character that Catherine told about her deal with the Sisters?
(a) The King.
8. What does Hatta compare Catherine to after she reveals that she knows the truth about his and Jest's mission?
(a) A rose.
(b) A lemon.
(c) A willow tree.
(d) A tart.
9. Who or what does Catherine blame for Mary Ann having come to Peter's pumpkin patch alone?
(a) Her plan for opening a bakery.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Herself for having yelled at Mary Ann.
(d) The bonnet Mary Ann bought from Hatta.
10. What item does Peter Peter ask Catherine about at the masquerade?
(a) The pumpkin she stole.
(b) The Looking Glass.
(c) The Vorpal Sword.
(d) The horse from Lion's hat.
11. What does Catherine order White Rabbit to have removed from the garden?
(a) The butterflies.
(b) The white rose tree.
(c) All red roses.
(d) The key lime trees.
12. Why is Catherine almost late for the baking contest?
(a) Her mother refuses to let her go to the contest.
(b) She is dancing with the King.
(c) She gets caught up in a conversation with Margaret.
(d) She is talking to Jest.
13. Where is the entrance to the giant pumpkin that Mary Ann is trapped inside?
(a) The bottom of the pumpkin.
(b) The roof.
(c) Right in front of the window to Peter's house.
(d) There is no door.
14. Who kills Jest?
(d) The King.
15. Which of the following is not a judge at the Baking Contest?
(a) The King.
(b) The Knave of Hearts.
(c) The Marquess.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Catherine goes to rescue Mary Ann, what reason does Mary Ann give Catherine for having come to the pumpkin patch?
2. Where does Mary Ann tell the King that Catherine needs to go after she is injured in the Jabberwock attack?
3. What is Jest accused of after taking Catherine to the treacle well?
4. What production does the King invite Catherine to see with him at the theater?
5. What does the Marchioness say will happen to Catherine if she runs a bakery?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)