|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Catherine make about Hatta's shop the first time she steps into it?
(a) The walls are painted a bright purple.
(b) There are half-finished hats everywhere.
(c) It is larger inside than it is outside.
(d) It is old and dusty.
2. What happens right before Jest appears at the ball?
(a) The candle flames flare up.
(b) Loud music plays.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) There is a clap of thunder.
3. What does Jest say about Catherine's demeanor when she talks about baking?
(a) He says that her beauty pales next to her talent.
(b) He says she lights up.
(c) He says she needs to be more confident.
(d) He says that she blushes bright red.
4. Who leaves Hatta's shop first to create a distraction for the Jabberwock?
(a) Hatta and Haigha.
(b) Hatta and Jest.
(c) Lion and Turtle.
(d) Jest and Raven.
5. What event does Jest invite Catherine to when he comes to her window?
(a) A talent show.
(b) A jokers competition.
(c) A masquerade party.
(d) A tea party.
6. Who tells Catherine that there will be a baking contest at the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) Mary Ann.
(b) The Marchioness.
7. What does Catherine suggest the King do about the Jabberwock when Cheshire first tells her about it?
(a) Send the Joker to trick it into leaving the kingdom.
(b) Ignore it and hope it goes away.
(c) Fight the beast and drive it from the kingdom.
(d) Send a knight after the beast.
8. What does Catherine see on her windowsill following the King's request to court her?
(a) A lemon tart.
(b) A heart shaped box of chocolates.
(c) A bottle of perfume.
(d) A white rose.
9. What gift does Catherine bring the Duke when she visits him?
(b) Miniature cakes.
(c) Pumpkin pasties.
10. Who is the only person Catherine tells about having gone to Hatta's tea party with Jest?
(a) Mary Ann.
11. What does Jest give the White Rabbit at the King's ball?
(a) A waistcoat.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A hat.
(d) A cane.
12. Why does Cheshire say that Catherine should care about her reputation?
(a) Because Jest will not want her if he thinks she is wicked.
(b) Because having a bad reputation could ruin her chances of a successful bakery.
(c) Because she is going to be the Queen.
(d) Because he will not be her friend if she has a bad reputation.
13. What does Jest pull out of Jack's hat?
(b) The White Rabbit.
(c) Catherine's lemon tarts.
(d) The Vorpal Sword.
14. What does Hatta tell Catherine cannot be taken back once stolen?
(b) A heart.
(c) A reputation.
15. What does Catherine tell Cheshire she plans to do in response to the King's many gifts of flowers and poetry?
(b) Send the King tarts.
(c) Tell the King to stop.
(d) Go to the palace to visit the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King say suggested that he court Catherine?
2. What does Lady Peter ask Mary Ann for at the King's banquet table?
3. What rumor about the King does Cheshire share with Catherine while they are at the ball?
4. Who does Catherine immediately look for when she arrives at the King's tea party?
5. What color does Cheshire turn after eating pastries at the ball?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)