|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the King say suggested that he court Catherine?
(b) The White Rabbit.
2. How does Cheshire know the courtiers who were attacked by the Jabberwock are dead?
(a) Their bodies were left at the palace gates.
(b) Peter Peter found their bodies in his pumpkin patch.
(c) He saw them die.
(d) Shreds of cardstock have been found.
3. What does Margaret say that gossiping always leads to?
(a) Spoiled milk.
(b) Killing the cat.
(c) Two birds in a bush.
(d) The cart before the horse.
4. What does Catherine miss by leaving the King's ball early?
(a) A baking contest.
(b) The King proposing to Margaret.
(c) The Jabberwock attack.
(d) Jest's second act.
5. How does Mary Ann describe the way Catherine talks about Jest?
(a) Like he is a knight in shining armor.
(b) Like a foolish schoolgirl.
(c) Like he is a fairy tale prince.
(d) Like a piece of chocolate cake.
6. What grows in Catherine's bedroom on the night she meets Jest?
(a) White roses.
(b) A lemon tree.
(c) A bleeding heart bush.
(d) A key lime tree.
7. Where does the Jabberwock injure the Duke?
(a) His leg.
(b) His back.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His neck.
8. What talent does Turtle display during Hatta's tea party?
(a) He dances.
(b) He plays a drum solo.
(c) He sings.
(d) He recites a love poem.
9. What color are the eyes of the boy that Catherine dreams about?
10. Why do Mary Ann and Catherine go to Peter Peter's pumpkin patch before the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) To purchase a pumpkin.
(b) To check on Lady Peter's health.
(c) To invite Lady Peter to enter the baking contest.
(d) To ask Peter Peter not to come to the festival.
11. What is Mr. Caterpillar doing when Catherine first meets him?
(a) Smoking from a hookah.
(b) Talking on the phone with a customer.
(c) Eating a tart.
(d) Buying a hat from Hatta.
12. What does Jest make appear at the ball?
(a) Dancing lobsters.
(b) A flock of geese.
(c) A blizzard of paper notes.
(d) A dozen white roses.
13. What does the Marchioness fear has happened when Catherine tells her about the King's tea party?
(a) Catherine has fallen in love with Jest.
(b) Catherine's reputation has been ruined by Cheshire's gossip.
(c) The King has lost interest in Catherine.
(d) The Marquess has fallen out of favor with the King.
14. What is the Crossroads?
(a) An intersection that connects all corners of the kingdom.
(b) A shop that sells magic items.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A hat shop.
15. Who wins the croquet game?
(b) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event does Catherine plan to give the King rose macarons?
2. How many lemon tarts does Catherine take to the ball?
3. What does Jest say about Catherine's demeanor when she talks about baking?
4. What does Jest pull out of Jack's hat?
5. Who announces Catherine's and her parents' arrival at the ball?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)