|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hatta say they must protect when the Jabberwock attacks the tea party?
(c) The Queen.
2. What does Catherine miss by leaving the King's ball early?
(a) A baking contest.
(b) The Jabberwock attack.
(c) Jest's second act.
(d) The King proposing to Margaret.
3. Who does Mr. Penguin the butler announce has come to visit Rock Turtle Cove after the tea party?
(a) The King.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The White Rabbit.
4. Who does Catherine immediately look for when she arrives at the King's tea party?
(b) The King.
(d) The Duke.
5. At what event does Catherine plan to give the King rose macarons?
(a) A ball
(b) His birthday party
(c) A masquerade party.
(d) A tea party.
6. What does Margaret say that gossiping always leads to?
(a) Two birds in a bush.
(b) The cart before the horse.
(c) Spoiled milk.
(d) Killing the cat.
7. What spice does the Duke's cook use too much of in her cooking?
8. Who does the Jabberwock charge at during the King's ball?
(b) Margaret Mearle.
(c) The King.
(d) Peter Peter.
9. What does the Jabberwock poke through the window of Hatta's shop?
(a) A spiny tail.
(b) A forked tongue.
(c) Two clawed fingers.
(d) Its huge head.
10. How does Raven propose they wake up Catherine after she faints?
(a) With smelling salts.
(b) By yelling in her ear.
(c) By slapping her.
(d) With a bucket of water.
11. Who wins the croquet game?
(d) The King.
12. Who chokes on a cashew at Hatta's tea party?
13. Who are the replacement Rooks while Raven and Jest are in Hearts?
(a) The Tweedles.
(b) Two pawns.
(c) The Knights.
(d) The Walrus and the Carpenter.
14. What does Catherine see on her windowsill following the King's request to court her?
(a) A heart shaped box of chocolates.
(b) A bottle of perfume.
(c) A lemon tart.
(d) A white rose.
15. Who leaves Hatta's shop first to create a distraction for the Jabberwock?
(a) Hatta and Haigha.
(b) Lion and Turtle.
(c) Jest and Raven.
(d) Hatta and Jest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Catherine that there will be a baking contest at the Turtle Days Festival?
2. What does Mr. Caterpillar say Catherine's bakery will need to serve if it is going to be successful?
3. Who does the Countess refer to as "riffraff" when talking about guests at the King's ball?
4. Who comes into Catherine's room just as she returns from Hatta's tea party?
5. What does Hatta tell Catherine cannot be taken back once stolen?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)