|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Catherine ask to create a distraction so she can leave the ball?
(c) The White Rabbit.
2. Who comes into Catherine's room just as she returns from Hatta's tea party?
(a) Mary Ann.
(c) The King.
(d) The Marquess.
3. Who tells Catherine that there will be a baking contest at the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) The Marchioness.
(d) Mary Ann.
4. What are the doctors called in Hearts?
5. How does Cheshire know the courtiers who were attacked by the Jabberwock are dead?
(a) Shreds of cardstock have been found.
(b) Peter Peter found their bodies in his pumpkin patch.
(c) He saw them die.
(d) Their bodies were left at the palace gates.
6. What does Catherine miss by leaving the King's ball early?
(a) The Jabberwock attack.
(b) A baking contest.
(c) The King proposing to Margaret.
(d) Jest's second act.
7. Why does the Duke hesitate to lease the shop to Catherine?
(a) He does not like Catherine.
(b) He worries that the Marquess will not approve.
(c) He does not think Catherine will be able to pay the rent.
(d) He does not think women should own businesses.
8. What is Peter Peter doing when Catherine and Mary Ann arrive at the pumpkin patch?
(a) Watering the pumpkins.
(b) Fighting with his wife.
(c) Carving a giant pumpkin.
(d) Eating pumpkin tarts.
9. What color does Cheshire turn after eating pastries at the ball?
10. What talent does Turtle display during Hatta's tea party?
(a) He plays a drum solo.
(b) He dances.
(c) He recites a love poem.
(d) He sings.
11. How does the Duke's housekeeper react when Catherine and Mary Ann pay the Duke a visit?
(a) She is protective of the Duke.
(b) She is surprised to have a visitor.
(c) She tells them to go away.
(d) She is frightened by Catherine.
12. What do Catherine and Mary Ann find as they are leaving Peter Peter's pumpkin patch?
(a) A Jabberwock footprint.
(b) The Jabberwock's lair.
(c) A tiny carousel pony.
(d) Lady Peter locked inside a pumpkin.
13. What color dress does Catherine want to wear to the ball?
14. Where do the guests at Hatta's tea party stand to perform?
(a) On a stage.
(b) On a counter.
(c) On the table.
(d) Next to Hatta's chair.
15. Why do Mary Ann and Catherine go to Peter Peter's pumpkin patch before the Turtle Days Festival?
(a) To invite Lady Peter to enter the baking contest.
(b) To purchase a pumpkin.
(c) To check on Lady Peter's health.
(d) To ask Peter Peter not to come to the festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke of Tuskany?
2. Who does Catherine tell Jest taught her to bake?
3. What does Margaret say that gossiping always leads to?
4. Who does the Jabberwock charge at during the King's ball?
5. What does Catherine do when she laughs that Mary Ann teases her about?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)