|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what event does Catherine plan to give the King rose macarons?
(a) A ball
(b) A tea party.
(c) A masquerade party.
(d) His birthday party
2. What question is Mr. Caterpillar fond of asking?
(a) How do you do?
(b) Who are you?
(c) What is the meaning of life?
(d) Why is a raven like a writing desk?
3. What does Catherine miss by leaving the King's ball early?
(a) The Jabberwock attack.
(b) Jest's second act.
(c) The King proposing to Margaret.
(d) A baking contest.
4. Who does Catherine immediately look for when she arrives at the King's tea party?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The King.
5. Why does the Duke hesitate to lease the shop to Catherine?
(a) He does not think Catherine will be able to pay the rent.
(b) He does not think women should own businesses.
(c) He does not like Catherine.
(d) He worries that the Marquess will not approve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the eyes of the boy that Catherine dreams about?
2. Who announces Catherine's and her parents' arrival at the ball?
3. What do the guests at the tea party use as balls for a game of croquet?
4. What game does Margaret pretend to play with Catherine to avoid the Duke at the tea party?
5. What does Catherine see before she faints in the King's garden?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)