|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows in Catherine's bedroom on the night she meets Jest?
(a) A bleeding heart bush.
(b) A lemon tree.
(c) A key lime tree.
(d) White roses.
2. Who does the Countess refer to as "riffraff" when talking about guests at the King's ball?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Peter.
3. How does Raven propose they wake up Catherine after she faints?
(a) With a bucket of water.
(b) By yelling in her ear.
(c) With smelling salts.
(d) By slapping her.
4. What does Catherine miss by leaving the King's ball early?
(a) The King proposing to Margaret.
(b) A baking contest.
(c) The Jabberwock attack.
(d) Jest's second act.
5. What does Mr. Caterpillar say Catherine's bakery will need to serve if it is going to be successful?
(a) Treacle tarts.
(b) Clootie dumplings.
(c) Lemon tarts.
(d) Pumpkin pasties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see on her windowsill following the King's request to court her?
2. What is Cheshire's magical ability?
3. What does Jest make appear at the ball?
4. What does Lady Peter ask Mary Ann for at the King's banquet table?
5. What color does Cheshire turn after eating pastries at the ball?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)