|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grows in Catherine's bedroom on the night she meets Jest?
(a) A bleeding heart bush.
(b) A key lime tree.
(c) White roses.
(d) A lemon tree.
2. What does Catherine see before she faints in the King's garden?
(a) A Mock Turtle.
(b) The Three Sisters.
(c) The shadow of a hooded figure with an axe.
(d) Cheshire appearing in a tree.
3. Why is Catherine unable to eat while at the King's ball?
(a) Only the King is allowed to eat from the banquet table.
(b) She is too nervous.
(c) She is afraid the food may make her grow or shrink.
(d) Her corset is too tight.
4. What does Lady Peter ask Mary Ann for at the King's banquet table?
(a) Pumpkin pastries.
(b) Caramel truffles.
(c) Lemon tarts.
(d) Pumpkin pie.
5. What event does Jest invite Catherine to when he comes to her window?
(a) A tea party.
(b) A masquerade party.
(c) A jokers competition.
(d) A talent show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jest insist that Catherine eat after she faints?
2. Why is Catherine late getting ready for the ball?
3. Who is with the King when he asks Catherine's father for permission to court her?
4. What does Catherine suggest the King do about the Jabberwock when Cheshire first tells her about it?
5. Who does Cheshire tell Catherine is stealing her tarts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)