Chapters 1 - 8
• Catherine bakes lemon tarts for the King.
• She hopes to open a bakery with Mary Ann someday and thinks the King’s admiration of her baked goods will draw customers.
• Cheshire appears and teases Catherine about her baking, then asks her if lemons are in season.
• Catherine tells Cheshire the lemons came from a tree that grew in her bedroom while she was dreaming.
• In Catherine’s dream, there was a beautiful boy with yellow eyes in a lemon orchard.
• Mary Ann enters the kitchen and takes Catherine away to get ready for a ball.
• Mary Ann and Abigail help Catherine to get dressed for the ball.
• Mary Ann tells Catherine that she heard the King has a new jester.
• She also tells Catherine that the cobbler’s shop will soon be available and would be a good location for their bakery.
• Mary Ann reminds Catherine...
This section contains 4,386 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)