|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
2. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
3. What color mustache does Arthur have?
4. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
5. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Rachel's diamond ring to this story. When did Mark give her the ring? How does losing it in a robbery symbolize the end of her marriage? What happens that makes Rachel decide to sell it?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Rachel worries about being single and thinks about marriage whenever she meets a new man. What does she think about the man on the subway? Does she believe Detective Nolan is someone she could be married to? Why or why not?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)