|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
2. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
3. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
4. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
5. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rachel's labor.
2. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
3. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
4. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
5. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
6. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
7. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
8. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
9. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
10. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Rachel end her marriage to Mark? What loose ends does she tie up at home with Mark before she leaves? What plans does she make for her immediate future?
Essay Topic 2
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)