Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
5. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
How is humor used in this novel in an effective way? Does Rachel like to use humor to deal with serious, distressing experiences? How so? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
As a therapist, how does Vera seem to help Rachel? How does act as a positive role model for Rachel? In what way does Vera offer comfort and support after Nathaniel is born?
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)