|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
2. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
3. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
4. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
5. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two secondary characters and explain their importance to the story. How do they influence Rachel? In what way do they help the plot advance? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)