|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
2. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
3. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
4. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
5. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
2. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
3. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
4. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
5. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
6. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
7. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
8. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
9. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
10. Describe Rachel's labor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Rachel worries about being single and thinks about marriage whenever she meets a new man. What does she think about the man on the subway? Does she believe Detective Nolan is someone she could be married to? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of New York City and its influence on Rachel. How does the city offer Rachel more possibilities? When she returns to New York, what support system does she have there? What does she like about the specialty shops in New York?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)