|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color mustache does Arthur have?
2. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the newspaper that Mark gives Rachel in the airport that has a story about the robbery?
4. What is the first word Mark says to Rachel when he speaks to her in Chapter 7?
5. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
2. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
3. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
4. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
5. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
6. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
7. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
8. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
9. Describe Rachel's labor.
10. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)