|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
2. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
3. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
4. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
5. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rachel's success as a cook and food writer. What makes her television show a success? Why do readers find Rachel's writing so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
How is humor used in this novel in an effective way? Does Rachel like to use humor to deal with serious, distressing experiences? How so? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two secondary characters and explain their importance to the story. How do they influence Rachel? In what way do they help the plot advance? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)