Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
5. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rachel's success as a cook and food writer. What makes her television show a success? Why do readers find Rachel's writing so appealing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of New York City and its influence on Rachel. How does the city offer Rachel more possibilities? When she returns to New York, what support system does she have there? What does she like about the specialty shops in New York?
Essay Topic 3
What role does food play in this novel? How is it important to Rachel's life and marriage? Why does Rachel provide recipes as she tells the story of her marriage breaking up? Do the recipes add to the story? Explain why or why not.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)