|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
4. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
5. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
2. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
3. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
4. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
5. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
6. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
7. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
8. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
9. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
10. Describe Rachel's labor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Rachel worries about being single and thinks about marriage whenever she meets a new man. What does she think about the man on the subway? Does she believe Detective Nolan is someone she could be married to? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of New York City and its influence on Rachel. How does the city offer Rachel more possibilities? When she returns to New York, what support system does she have there? What does she like about the specialty shops in New York?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)