|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
2. What is Marvin's occupation?
3. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
4. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
5. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Juanita's character.
2. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
3. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
4. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
5. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
6. Describe Rachel's labor.
7. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
8. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
9. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
10. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's success as a cook and food writer. What makes her television show a success? Why do readers find Rachel's writing so appealing?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)