Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
5. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
How is humor used in this novel in an effective way? Does Rachel like to use humor to deal with serious, distressing experiences? How so? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
What role does food play in this novel? How is it important to Rachel's life and marriage? Why does Rachel provide recipes as she tells the story of her marriage breaking up? Do the recipes add to the story? Explain why or why not.
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)