Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
5. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
Essay Topic 1
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two secondary characters and explain their importance to the story. How do they influence Rachel? In what way do they help the plot advance? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jonathan's role as a husband. Why is he willing to put up with Thelma's affair with Mark? How does he attempt to control it? What does he try to persuade Rachel to do?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)