|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
2. Who is Eleanor?
3. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
4. What is Jonathan's occupation?
5. What evidence did Rachel find in Mark's apartment that indicated another woman had been visiting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
2. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
3. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
4. Describe Bebe's occupation.
5. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
6. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
7. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
8. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
9. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
10. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)