|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Samstat?
2. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
3. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
4. What kind of job did Rachel's mother have when Rachel was growing up?
5. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
2. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
3. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
4. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
5. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
6. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
7. What happened to Mr. Abbey, Rachel's Washington neighbor?
8. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
9. What caused Rachel to break up with Mark?
10. Describe Bebe's occupation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
Essay Topic 2
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 3
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)