|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
2. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
3. What kind of job does Mark have?
4. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bebe's occupation.
2. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
3. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
4. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
5. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
6. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
7. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
8. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
9. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
10. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Rachel's diamond ring to this story. When did Mark give her the ring? How does losing it in a robbery symbolize the end of her marriage? What happens that makes Rachel decide to sell it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
Essay Topic 3
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)