|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mark give Rachel the diamond ring that she hides in her bra?
2. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
3. What did Charlie refuse to give Vera when she was moving out of their apartment?
4. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
5. What color hair does Vera have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
2. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
3. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
4. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
5. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
6. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
7. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
8. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
9. What caused Rachel to break up with Mark?
10. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jonathan's role as a husband. Why is he willing to put up with Thelma's affair with Mark? How does he attempt to control it? What does he try to persuade Rachel to do?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)