|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Amelia's occupation before she got married?
2. When did Mark give Rachel the diamond ring that she hides in her bra?
3. What color hair does Vera have?
4. Who is Eleanor?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
2. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
3. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
4. Describe Bebe's occupation.
5. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
6. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
7. How does Mark get Rachel to marry him?
8. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
9. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
10. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
Essay Topic 2
What influence has Richard had on Rachel's life? When he appears at her cooking demonstration, what kind of support does he give her? How does Rachel depend on Richard? Provide specific textual examples to support your points.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)