|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
2. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
3. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
4. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
5. Who is Lucy Mae Hopkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
2. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
3. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
4. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
5. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
6. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
7. Describe Bebe's occupation.
8. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
9. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
10. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a therapist, how does Vera seem to help Rachel? How does act as a positive role model for Rachel? In what way does Vera offer comfort and support after Nathaniel is born?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
Essay Topic 3
What influence has Richard had on Rachel's life? When he appears at her cooking demonstration, what kind of support does he give her? How does Rachel depend on Richard? Provide specific textual examples to support your points.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)