|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel's father like to write letters about to his daughters several times a month?
2. What is one of the therapy group's rules?
3. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
4. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
5. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
2. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
3. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
4. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
5. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
6. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
7. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
8. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
9. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
10. Describe Bebe's occupation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Rachel end her marriage to Mark? What loose ends does she tie up at home with Mark before she leaves? What plans does she make for her immediate future?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)