|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
2. Where did Richard first see Rachel?
3. After the robbery at group, what do the police use to transport the group to the police station?
4. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
5. Who is Rachel Samstat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
2. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
3. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
4. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
5. Describe Bebe's occupation.
6. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
7. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
8. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
9. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
10. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does food play in this novel? How is it important to Rachel's life and marriage? Why does Rachel provide recipes as she tells the story of her marriage breaking up? Do the recipes add to the story? Explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
Essay Topic 3
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)