|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rachel that she saw Mark and another woman at a hotel in Chicago?
2. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
3. What does Rachel say about why her voice works well on television?
4. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
5. What city does Mark live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
2. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
3. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
4. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
5. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
6. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
7. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
8. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
9. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
10. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)