|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel wonder about regarding diabetes?
2. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
3. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
4. What does Sidney give to Rachel in the group meeting?
5. What kind of roles did Rachel's father play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
2. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
3. Describe Bebe's occupation.
4. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
5. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
6. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
7. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
8. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
9. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
10. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Rachel worries about being single and thinks about marriage whenever she meets a new man. What does she think about the man on the subway? Does she believe Detective Nolan is someone she could be married to? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's success as a cook and food writer. What makes her television show a success? Why do readers find Rachel's writing so appealing?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)