Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
2. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
3. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
4. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
5. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
2. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
3. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
4. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
5. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
6. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
7. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
8. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
9. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
10. Describe Dmitri's character.
Essay Topic 1
How does Rachel end her marriage to Mark? What loose ends does she tie up at home with Mark before she leaves? What plans does she make for her immediate future?
Essay Topic 2
As a therapist, how does Vera seem to help Rachel? How does act as a positive role model for Rachel? In what way does Vera offer comfort and support after Nathaniel is born?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)