|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
2. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
3. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
4. Where was Rachel living when she first met Mark?
5. Who did Eleanor find wandering the streets dressed only in a towel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel discover her husband is having an affair?
2. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
3. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
4. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
5. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
6. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
7. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
8. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
9. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
10. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jonathan's role as a husband. Why is he willing to put up with Thelma's affair with Mark? How does he attempt to control it? What does he try to persuade Rachel to do?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rachel remain silent after she is released from the hospital? How does this silence make her feel? When she finally breaks her silence at Betty's house, what extreme action does she take? Why?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)