|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
2. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
3. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
4. What city does Mark live in?
5. What did Mark and Thelma shop for at Bloomingdales, according to Jonathan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
2. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
3. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
4. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
5. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
6. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
7. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
8. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
9. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
10. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Rachel worries about being single and thinks about marriage whenever she meets a new man. What does she think about the man on the subway? Does she believe Detective Nolan is someone she could be married to? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of New York City and its influence on Rachel. How does the city offer Rachel more possibilities? When she returns to New York, what support system does she have there? What does she like about the specialty shops in New York?
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)