|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
2. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
4. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
5. What excuse does Laszlo give Rachel for not completing the contracting work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
2. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
3. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
4. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
5. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
6. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
7. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
8. What caused Rachel to break up with Mark?
9. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
10. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a therapist, how does Vera seem to help Rachel? How does act as a positive role model for Rachel? In what way does Vera offer comfort and support after Nathaniel is born?
Essay Topic 2
What prompts Rachel to go into labor? Why does she believe the baby wants to be born early? How does Rachel contrast the birth of Nathaniel with that of Sam?
Essay Topic 3
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)