|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
2. Where is Mark when his wife calls and says she knows about his affair?
3. What is Vanessa Melhado famous for?
4. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
5. What is Ellis buying at the nut stand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
2. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
3. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
4. How does Rachel discover her husband is having an affair?
5. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
6. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
7. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
8. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
9. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
10. Describe Bebe's occupation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two secondary characters and explain their importance to the story. How do they influence Rachel? In what way do they help the plot advance? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)