|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
2. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
3. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
4. What does Uncle Seymour's Beef Borscht refer to?
5. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
2. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
3. How does Rachel discover her husband is having an affair?
4. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
5. Describe Bebe's occupation.
6. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
7. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
8. What happened to Mr. Abbey, Rachel's Washington neighbor?
9. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
10. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Rachel's diamond ring to this story. When did Mark give her the ring? How does losing it in a robbery symbolize the end of her marriage? What happens that makes Rachel decide to sell it?
Essay Topic 2
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 3
How do the Siegels show their support of Rachel when Mark is having an affair? What kind of advice do they give her and does Rachel follow it?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)