|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
2. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
3. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
4. How old is Rachel?
5. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
2. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
3. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
4. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
5. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
6. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
7. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
8. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
9. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
10. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the members of the therapy group like? Does Rachel feel she will get support from them during this time? Are there tensions between some members? How so?
Essay Topic 3
What influence has Richard had on Rachel's life? When he appears at her cooking demonstration, what kind of support does he give her? How does Rachel depend on Richard? Provide specific textual examples to support your points.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)