|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
2. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
3. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
4. What does the mugger take from Rachel?
5. Who is Vera Maxwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
2. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
3. Describe Bebe's occupation.
4. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
5. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
6. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
7. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
8. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
9. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
10. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Mark? Why does he persuade Rachel to return to Washington even though he has no intention of being faithful to her? What does that suggest about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's parents and their influence in her life. What kind of role models are they? Does she wish she could share this experience with her mother? How does her father attempt to comfort her? In what way have both her parents failed her?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)