|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Rachel looks at the camera while doing her TV show?
2. What time did Rachel tell Mark that she heard something while cooking at her Washington home?
3. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
4. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
2. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
3. How does Rachel discover her husband is having an affair?
4. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
5. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
6. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
7. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
8. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
9. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
10. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a therapist, how does Vera seem to help Rachel? How does act as a positive role model for Rachel? In what way does Vera offer comfort and support after Nathaniel is born?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Rachel's success as a cook and food writer. What makes her television show a success? Why do readers find Rachel's writing so appealing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Rachel's strengths and weaknesses as a character. Do you think she will weather the end of her marriage to Mark and get back on her feet? Why do you think so? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)