|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Abbey?
2. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
3. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
4. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
5. Who is Rachel Samstat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
2. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
3. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
4. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
5. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
6. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
7. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
8. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
9. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
10. Describe Bebe's occupation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jonathan's role as a husband. Why is he willing to put up with Thelma's affair with Mark? How does he attempt to control it? What does he try to persuade Rachel to do?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of New York City and its influence on Rachel. How does the city offer Rachel more possibilities? When she returns to New York, what support system does she have there? What does she like about the specialty shops in New York?
Essay Topic 3
What is Rachel's opinion about the connection between food and love? How can she tell which stage of a relationship she is by the potatoes she is making? Provide textual examples to support your answer.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)