|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
2. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Lillian Hellman.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
3. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
4. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(d) Six gerbils.
5. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(b) Boiled potatoes.
(d) Key Lime pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
2. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
3. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
4. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
5. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
2. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
3. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
4. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
5. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
6. Describe Juanita's character.
7. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
8. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
9. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
10. Describe Rachel's labor.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)