|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
2. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
(a) Chicago Tribune.
(b) New York World-Telegram and Sun.
(c) Boston Globe.
(d) Washington Post.
3. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(a) Local grocery store.
(c) Culinary school.
4. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(d) Long descriptions.
5. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(d) Six gerbils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
2. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
3. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
4. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
5. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
2. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
3. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
4. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
5. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
6. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
7. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
8. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
9. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
10. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)