|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Trip to China.
(b) Evening at a concert.
(c) Surpise birthday lunch.
(d) Shopping spree.
2. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) He wants to hear about any problems.
(b) To only call him during office hours.
(c) To call him by his first name.
(d) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
3. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) Results of the amniocentisis.
(b) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
(c) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
(d) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
4. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
(b) She has gestational diabetes.
(c) She didn't take good care of herself.
(d) Her blood pressure was too high.
5. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Mark's column.
(b) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(c) Circled real estate listings.
(d) Personal ads.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
2. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
3. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
4. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
5. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
2. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
3. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
4. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
5. Describe Juanita's character.
6. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
7. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
8. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
9. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
10. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)