|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first word Mark says to Rachel when he speaks to her in Chapter 7?
2. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She's had a root canal.
(b) She's hard to make travel plans for.
(c) She's very messy.
(d) She had a hard time selling her condo.
3. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(b) Sore throat.
4. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
5. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Under the rhododendron bush.
(b) Working in the front garden.
(c) Sitting on the deck.
(d) Mowing the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
2. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
3. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
4. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
5. How tall is Juanita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
2. Describe Juanita's character.
3. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
4. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
5. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
6. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
7. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
8. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
9. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
10. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)