|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
2. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Ex-New Yorker.
(b) Pregnant writer.
(c) Cookbook author.
(d) Distraught housewife.
3. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
(a) Tells Rachel he loves her.
(b) Vows not to see Thelma again.
(c) Reads Sam a book.
4. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) He wants to hear about any problems.
(b) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(c) To call him by his first name.
(d) To only call him during office hours.
5. What color hair does Julie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
2. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
3. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
4. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
5. How many columns does Mark write a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
2. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
3. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
4. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
5. Describe Juanita's character.
6. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
7. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
8. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
9. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
10. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)