|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
2. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Bottle of wine.
(c) Fresh tomotoes.
(d) Recipe for bread pudding.
3. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Distraught housewife.
(b) Pregnant writer.
(c) Cookbook author.
(d) Ex-New Yorker.
4. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
5. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
(b) Leather jacket.
(d) Rain coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
2. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
3. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
4. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
5. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
2. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
3. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
4. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
5. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
6. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
7. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
8. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
9. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
10. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)