|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They know each other's spouses.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They have the same last name but are not related.
2. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Boston Globe.
(c) New York World-Telegram and Sun.
(d) Chicago Tribune.
3. Who did Helen Finkle fall in love with?
(a) Thelma's cousin.
(b) Richard's friend.
(c) Rachel's husband.
(d) Her secretary.
4. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
5. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Mark's column.
(b) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(c) Personal ads.
(d) Circled real estate listings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
2. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
3. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
4. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
5. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
2. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
3. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
4. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
5. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
6. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
7. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
8. Describe Juanita's character.
9. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
10. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)