|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Ice cream.
2. What recipe do Julie and Rachel perfect while at Rachel and Mark's Virginia home?
(b) Marinade for steak.
(c) Home-made ice cream.
(d) Peach pie.
3. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Mowing the backyard.
(b) Under the rhododendron bush.
(c) Sitting on the deck.
(d) Working in the front garden.
4. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
(b) Rain coat.
(c) Leather jacket.
5. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(a) Culinary school.
(c) Local grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
2. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
3. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
4. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
5. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
2. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
3. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
4. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
5. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
6. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
7. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
8. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
9. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
10. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)