|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(d) Six gerbils.
2. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
3. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
4. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Pregnant writer.
(b) Ex-New Yorker.
(c) Distraught housewife.
(d) Cookbook author.
5. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
2. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
3. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that Mark gives Rachel in the airport that has a story about the robbery?
5. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
2. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
3. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
4. Describe Nathaniel's physical appearance.
5. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
6. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
7. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
8. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
9. Describe Juanita's character.
10. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)