|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(b) He wants to hear about any problems.
(c) To only call him during office hours.
(d) To call him by his first name.
2. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
3. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
4. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
5. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Toast and tea.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Cream of wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
2. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
3. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
4. Who is Juanita?
5. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
2. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
3. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
4. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
5. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
6. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
7. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
8. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
9. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
10. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)