|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
(b) Disturbing the peace.
(c) Property damage.
(d) Traffic violation.
2. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He falls asleep and misses everything.
(b) He meets a new friend.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He hits his head.
3. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
4. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
5. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She is neutral on the subject.
(b) She thinks it's silly.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She loves it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
2. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
3. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
4. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
5. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
2. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
3. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
4. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
5. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
6. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
7. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
8. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
9. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
10. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)