|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color mustache does Arthur have?
2. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She is neutral on the subject.
(c) She thinks it's silly.
(d) She hates it.
3. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
4. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) She didn't take good care of herself.
(b) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
(c) Her blood pressure was too high.
(d) She has gestational diabetes.
5. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Circled real estate listings.
(b) Personal ads.
(c) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(d) Mark's column.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
2. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
3. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
4. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
5. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
2. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
3. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
4. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
5. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
6. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
7. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
8. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
9. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
10. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)