|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Cream of wheat.
(b) Toast and tea.
(c) Rice pudding.
2. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(a) Garden hose.
3. How tall is Juanita?
(a) Four feet six inches.
(b) Four feet ten inches.
(c) Five feet six inches.
(d) Five feet.
4. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
5. Who is Juanita?
(a) Rachel's maid.
(b) Thelma's travel agent.
(c) Betty's maid.
(d) Thelma's realtor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
2. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
3. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
4. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
5. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
2. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
3. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
4. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
5. Describe Rachel's labor.
6. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
7. Describe Richard Finkel's character.
8. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
9. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
10. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)