|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
2. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(a) Garden hose.
3. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(b) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
(c) Results of the amniocentisis.
(d) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
4. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
(a) Their landscaper.
(b) Their dentist.
(c) Their maid.
(d) Their decorator.
5. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He meets a new friend.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He falls asleep and misses everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
2. What color mustache does Arthur have?
3. What is Marvin's occupation?
4. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
5. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rachel's labor.
2. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
3. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
4. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
5. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
6. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
7. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
8. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
9. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
10. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)