|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Recipe for bread pudding.
(c) Fresh tomotoes.
(d) Bottle of wine.
2. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
3. What is Marvin's occupation?
4. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They know each other's spouses.
(b) They have the same last name but are not related.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are distant cousins.
5. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
2. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
3. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
4. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
5. What color mustache does Arthur have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
2. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
3. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
4. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
5. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
6. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
7. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
8. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
9. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
10. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)