|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Distraught housewife.
(b) Ex-New Yorker.
(c) Pregnant writer.
(d) Cookbook author.
2. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(b) Head of garlic.
(d) Pot roast.
3. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She thinks it's silly.
(d) She is neutral on the subject.
4. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
5. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(c) Out-of-town guests.
(d) Delayed flight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
2. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
3. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
4. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship like between the Feldmans and the Siegels?
2. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
3. Why does Betty want to give a dance for Thelma?
4. Describe Richard's proposal to Rachel.
5. Describe Rachel's labor.
6. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
7. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
8. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
9. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
10. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)