|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(b) Delayed flight.
(c) Out-of-town guests.
2. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
(c) Betty's boyfriend.
3. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
(a) Georgetown Law School.
(b) Columbia Law School.
(c) Yale Law School.
(d) Harvard Law School.
4. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
(a) Vows not to see Thelma again.
(b) Tells Rachel he loves her.
(d) Reads Sam a book.
5. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He meets a new friend.
(d) He falls asleep and misses everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
2. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
3. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
4. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
5. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
2. What marital fantasy does Rachel have in the airport on the way home to Washington?
3. Why is Rachel so upset about the new blazer Mark bought?
4. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
5. How did Rachel get into the food writing business?
6. What is Jonathan doing outside his house when Rachel arrives?
7. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
8. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
9. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
10. What does Rachel write about in her article "Potatoes and Love"?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)