|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Cream of wheat.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Toast and tea.
2. What is the first word Mark says to Rachel when he speaks to her in Chapter 7?
3. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(a) Diamond ring.
4. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
5. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
2. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
3. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
4. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
5. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rachel learn about Thelma's birthday?
2. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
3. What does Julie tell Rachel about Mark's promise not to see Thelma anymore?
4. How did Rachel react to seeing an article about herself and the robbery in the Daily News?
5. In what way does Rachel seem to be hoping that her marriage will return to normal after Nathaniel is born?
6. Describe Juanita's character.
7. What are the policeman doing in Rachel's Washington house when she returns from the cooking demonstration in New York?
8. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
9. What does Arthur do that betrays his marriage and the Feldmans friendship?
10. Why does Rachel agree to return to Washington with Mark?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)