|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say about why her voice works well on television?
(a) It's melodious.
(b) It's funny and makes people laugh.
(c) She uses sophisticated phrases.
(d) She uses inflection well.
2. What is Ellis buying at the nut stand?
(c) Candied apple.
3. Who does Rachel find at her father's apartment after she is interviewed by the police?
4. What color hair does Vera have?
5. What excuse does Laszlo give Rachel for not completing the contracting work?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He needs a new saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mugger take from Rachel?
2. Where was Rachel living when she first met Mark?
3. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
4. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
2. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
3. How does Mark get Rachel to marry him?
4. What caused Rachel to break up with Mark?
5. Describe Bebe's occupation.
6. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
7. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
8. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
9. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
10. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)