|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rachel living when she first met Mark?
(a) New York.
2. What kind of routine was Rachel doing when Richard first saw her?
(a) Jewish prince routine.
3. Who is Eleanor?
(a) Rachel's niece.
(b) Harry's mother.
(c) Harry's wife.
(d) Rachel's sister.
4. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
(d) Four-minute egg.
5. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
(a) Lox, onions and eggs.
(b) Beef tacos.
(d) Shrimp cocktail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel's father like to write letters about to his daughters several times a month?
2. Who is Mark having an affair with?
3. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
4. What does Rachel say about why her voice works well on television?
5. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
2. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
3. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
4. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
5. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
6. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
7. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
8. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
9. What caused Rachel to break up with Mark?
10. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)