|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
(b) Bacon hash.
2. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
(a) Learning new things.
(b) Having someone depend on her.
(c) The everydayness of it.
(d) Learning how to make things.
4. What are Rachel and Jonathan doing when Harry returns to his apartment?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Drinking wine.
5. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) They have different lifestyles.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) He is unstable financially.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
2. What did Charlie refuse to give Vera when she was moving out of their apartment?
3. What is Ellis buying at the nut stand?
4. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
5. Who is Richard Finkel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
2. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
3. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
4. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
5. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
6. What happened to Mr. Abbey, Rachel's Washington neighbor?
7. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
8. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
9. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
10. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)