|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Richard first see Rachel?
(b) Comedy Central.
(c) Local news.
(d) Phil Donahue.
2. What is Rachel's occupation?
(b) Cookbook writer.
3. What did Rachel's mother save in 1963 that she used to purchase a blender for Rachel?
(b) Blue-chip stamps.
(c) Plaid stamps.
4. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
5. What is Jonathan's occupation?
(c) Undersecretary of state.
(d) Advertising executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sidney give to Rachel in the group meeting?
2. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who does Mark say smells of Dr. Scholl's footpads in Chapter Two?
4. What color shirt is the mugger wearing who robs the group members?
5. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
2. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
3. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
4. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
5. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
6. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
7. What were Mark and Thelma doing the day that Thelma wrote an inscription in a child's song book to signify the importance of the day?
8. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
9. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
10. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)