|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
2. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Mark having an affair with?
(a) Thelma Rice.
(b) Lucy Smith.
(c) Julie Lawson.
(d) Betty Searle.
4. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
(a) Butter ball.
(b) Poppy seed cookie.
(c) Gold digger.
5. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) She prefers to be single.
(c) He is unstable financially.
(d) They have different lifestyles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie refuse to give Vera when she was moving out of their apartment?
2. Where did Rachel and Mark dance together for the first time?
3. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
4. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
5. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
2. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
3. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
4. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
5. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
6. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
7. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
8. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
9. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
10. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)