|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel get her cheesecake recipe from?
(a) Her father's second wife.
(c) Julia Child cookbook.
2. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(b) The best carrot cake recipe.
(c) Neighborhood mystery.
(d) Crossword puzzle.
3. What is Rachel's occupation?
(c) Cookbook writer.
4. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
(b) Took all her money.
(c) Invested wisely.
(d) Left her all his money.
5. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Rachel that she saw Mark and another woman at a hotel in Chicago?
2. Who is Eleanor?
3. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
4. After the robbery at group, what do the police use to transport the group to the police station?
5. What did Charlie refuse to give Vera when she was moving out of their apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
2. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
3. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
4. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
5. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
6. How does Mark get Rachel to marry him?
7. How does Rachel discover her husband is having an affair?
8. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
9. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
10. What happened to Mr. Abbey, Rachel's Washington neighbor?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)