|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
(a) Friend's house.
(d) Her father's apartment.
2. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
3. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
4. What are Rachel and Jonathan doing when Harry returns to his apartment?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Drinking wine.
5. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
(a) Shrimp cocktail.
(b) Beef tacos.
(d) Lox, onions and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
2. What color hair does Vera have?
3. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
4. Who does Mark say smells of Dr. Scholl's footpads in Chapter Two?
5. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Rachel's father, Harry, when Rachel arrives at his apartment?
2. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
3. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
4. Does Rachel know the woman her husband is having an affair with?
5. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
6. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
7. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
8. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
9. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
10. What happens when Rachel's producer hires her a voice coach?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)