|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
(a) He was trouble.
(b) He was too nice.
(c) He moved a lot.
(d) He liked to drink.
2. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) The best man ever.
(b) A real peach.
3. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
(a) The everydayness of it.
(b) Learning how to make things.
(c) Learning new things.
(d) Having someone depend on her.
4. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
(a) Call Thelma.
(b) Watch the baby inside her make waves in her belly.
(d) Call Mark.
5. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Mark live in?
2. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
3. Who is Eleanor?
4. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
5. What kind of routine was Rachel doing when Richard first saw her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
2. What is the Siegels' reaction when Rachel calls them to tell them about Mark and Thelma's affair?
3. What does Rachel imagine her mother would say about Mark's affair?
4. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
5. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
6. What are some of the rules of Rachel's therapy group?
7. Describe Arthur's physical appearance.
8. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
9. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
10. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)