|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
2. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
(a) Book signing.
(b) Running club.
(c) Tennis game.
(d) Christmas party.
3. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) They have different lifestyles.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) He is unstable financially.
4. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(b) Neighborhood mystery.
(c) Crossword puzzle.
(d) The best carrot cake recipe.
5. How long has Rachel been in therapy?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel get her cheesecake recipe from?
2. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
3. What is Jonathan's occupation?
4. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
2. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
3. Describe Amelia's role in Rachel's life.
4. How does Harry help Rachel deal with being upset about Mark's affair?
5. What happens when a robber comes into therapy group?
6. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
7. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
8. How does Mark get Rachel to marry him?
9. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
10. How did Rachel get a cooking show on television?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)