|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
2. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
(a) Vera approved of her choice.
(b) She had no one else she loved.
(c) She thought he had learned his lesson.
(d) He was everything she wanted in a husband.
3. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
(b) Bacon hash.
4. What show does Rachel watch the second morning she is in her father's apartment?
(a) Merv Griffin.
(b) CNN news.
(c) Phil Donahue.
5. What is one of the therapy group's rules?
(a) To go on a field trip once a year.
(b) To refrain from bringing food to group meetings.
(c) To make up first names.
(d) Not to give anyone's last name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
2. Who is Mr. Abbey?
3. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
4. Who tells Rachel that she saw Mark and another woman at a hotel in Chicago?
5. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rachel and Mark's early relationship like?
2. What does Rachel discover in Mark's office?
3. Why is Rachel concerned about having Mark's Aunt Florence on her show?
4. How do Arthur and Julie keep Rachel entertained in the hospital?
5. What happens when Rachel discovers Mark's affair?
6. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
7. Why does Jonathan visit Rachel in New York City?
8. Does Rachel enjoy giving cooking demonstrations?
9. Describe Rachel's labor.
10. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)