|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve weeks.
2. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
(a) Having someone depend on her.
(b) Learning new things.
(c) The everydayness of it.
(d) Learning how to make things.
3. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
4. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
(a) Invested wisely.
(c) Took all her money.
(d) Left her all his money.
5. Who does Mark say smells of Dr. Scholl's footpads in Chapter Two?
(c) Rachel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Rachel's father like to write letters about to his daughters several times a month?
3. Where was Rachel living when she first met Mark?
4. What is Vanessa Melhado famous for?
5. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rachel feel a sense of relief when she discovers Mark's affair?
2. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
3. Why does Harry order a lot of stationery?
4. What are some of the details Rachel gives Detective Nolan about the robber?
5. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
6. Describe Vera's physical appearance.
7. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
8. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
9. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
10. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)