|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel find in Mark's sock drawer?
(a) Diamond necklace.
(b) Poem to his lover.
(d) Children's song book.
2. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) The best man ever.
(c) A real peach.
3. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
4. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Six months.
5. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) Crossword puzzle.
(b) Neighborhood mystery.
(c) The best carrot cake recipe.
(d) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rachel's occupation?
2. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
3. What animal does Rachel compare Thelma with when she is at the group therapy meeting?
4. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
5. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rachel when she takes the subway to her therapy group meeting?
2. Why did Rachel move from New York to Washington?
3. Describe Bebe's occupation.
4. How does Ellis react when he sees Rachel when he is buying popcorn?
5. Why does Detective Nolan question Rachel about being in therapy?
6. What kind of details does Jonathan relate to Rachel about Mark and Thelma's relationship?
7. Describe Rachel Samstat's character.
8. How does Rachel feel about going back to her therapy group?
9. How does Rachel describe her first husband, Charlie?
10. What does Rachel think about Detective Nolan?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)