|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(a) Julie and Arthur.
2. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(c) Ice cream.
3. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
4. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(a) Head of garlic.
(c) Pot roast.
5. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
(a) Georgetown Law School.
(b) Harvard Law School.
(c) Yale Law School.
(d) Columbia Law School.
6. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) She has gestational diabetes.
(b) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
(c) Her blood pressure was too high.
(d) She didn't take good care of herself.
7. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(b) She's very messy.
(c) She's had a root canal.
(d) She's hard to make travel plans for.
8. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
9. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Mark's column.
(b) Circled real estate listings.
(c) Personal ads.
(d) Thelma's divorce announcement.
10. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
11. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Bottle of wine.
(b) Recipe for bread pudding.
(d) Fresh tomotoes.
12. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
13. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(a) Boiled potatoes.
(b) Key Lime pie.
14. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
15. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
2. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
3. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
4. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
5. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)