|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
(a) She drinks too much.
(b) She never talks.
(c) She's too talkative.
(d) She giggles.
2. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
3. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(b) Out-of-town guests.
(d) Delayed flight.
4. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(b) Circled real estate listings.
(c) Personal ads.
(d) Mark's column.
5. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Mowing the backyard.
(b) Under the rhododendron bush.
(c) Working in the front garden.
(d) Sitting on the deck.
6. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They know each other's spouses.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They have the same last name but are not related.
7. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
8. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
9. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
10. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She thinks it's silly.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She is neutral on the subject.
11. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(a) Nine p.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
(d) Eight p.m.
12. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Four pounds.
13. How many columns does Mark write a week?
14. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Talking about his job.
(b) Making plans for a vacation.
(c) Not paying for her airfare.
(d) Sitting too close to her.
15. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
2. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
3. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
4. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
5. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)