|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Juanita?
(a) Five feet six inches.
(b) Four feet six inches.
(c) Five feet.
(d) Four feet ten inches.
2. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(c) Garden hose.
3. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He hits his head.
(b) He falls asleep and misses everything.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He meets a new friend.
4. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
5. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
6. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(c) Julie and Arthur.
7. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
8. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Recipe for bread pudding.
(b) Fresh tomotoes.
(c) Bottle of wine.
9. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Evening at a concert.
(b) Trip to China.
(c) Shopping spree.
(d) Surpise birthday lunch.
10. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(a) Long descriptions.
11. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Mowing the backyard.
(b) Sitting on the deck.
(c) Working in the front garden.
(d) Under the rhododendron bush.
12. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(d) Six gerbils.
13. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
(a) About New York City.
(b) About baby brothers.
(c) About being independent.
(d) About airplanes.
14. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(a) Head of garlic.
(d) Pot roast.
15. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
2. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
3. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
4. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
5. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)