|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Julie have?
2. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
3. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
(c) Airline pilot.
(d) Foreign man.
4. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(c) Long descriptions.
5. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Surpise birthday lunch.
(b) Shopping spree.
(c) Trip to China.
(d) Evening at a concert.
6. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
7. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(b) Diamond ring.
8. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
(d) Betty's boyfriend.
9. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(b) She's had a root canal.
(c) She's hard to make travel plans for.
(d) She's very messy.
10. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
(a) Property damage.
(b) Traffic violation.
(d) Disturbing the peace.
11. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Under the rhododendron bush.
(b) Working in the front garden.
(c) Mowing the backyard.
(d) Sitting on the deck.
12. What recipe do Julie and Rachel perfect while at Rachel and Mark's Virginia home?
(a) Home-made ice cream.
(c) Peach pie.
(d) Marinade for steak.
13. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To call him by his first name.
(b) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(c) He wants to hear about any problems.
(d) To only call him during office hours.
14. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Lillian Hellman.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
15. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many columns does Mark write a week?
2. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
3. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
4. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
5. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)