|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(c) Boiled potatoes.
(d) Key Lime pie.
2. Who is Juanita?
(a) Betty's maid.
(b) Rachel's maid.
(c) Thelma's realtor.
(d) Thelma's travel agent.
3. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
4. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
(a) Economic problems.
(b) Tax hikes for the rich.
(c) Easter Shuttle.
5. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
(a) She never talks.
(b) She drinks too much.
(c) She's too talkative.
(d) She giggles.
6. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
(a) Columbia Law School.
(b) Yale Law School.
(c) Harvard Law School.
(d) Georgetown Law School.
7. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They know each other's spouses.
(c) They have the same last name but are not related.
(d) They are distant cousins.
8. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
9. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
(c) Shopping mall.
10. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Cream of wheat.
(c) Toast and tea.
11. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
12. What is the name of the newspaper that Mark gives Rachel in the airport that has a story about the robbery?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Daily News.
(d) Casa Vogue.
13. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(b) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
(c) Results of the amniocentisis.
(d) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
14. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Not paying for her airfare.
(b) Making plans for a vacation.
(c) Talking about his job.
(d) Sitting too close to her.
15. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
(a) New York World-Telegram and Sun.
(b) Boston Globe.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Washington Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
2. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
3. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
4. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
5. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)