|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
2. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(c) Culinary school.
(d) Local grocery store.
3. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(d) Julie and Arthur.
4. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Are you free for dinner?
(b) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
(c) Do you think you'll have another baby?
(d) Do you believe in love?
5. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Not paying for her airfare.
(b) Talking about his job.
(c) Sitting too close to her.
(d) Making plans for a vacation.
6. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
(b) Law School.
(d) Capitol Hill.
7. What color mustache does Arthur have?
8. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Mark's column.
(b) Personal ads.
(c) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(d) Circled real estate listings.
9. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She's hard to make travel plans for.
(b) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(c) She's had a root canal.
(d) She's very messy.
10. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Cookbook author.
(b) Distraught housewife.
(c) Ex-New Yorker.
(d) Pregnant writer.
11. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(a) Eight p.m.
(b) Nine p.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
12. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She thinks it's silly.
(b) She is neutral on the subject.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She hates it.
13. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
(a) Georgetown Law School.
(b) Columbia Law School.
(c) Harvard Law School.
(d) Yale Law School.
14. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
15. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
(d) Shrimp curry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
2. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
3. How many columns does Mark write a week?
4. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
5. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)