|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
2. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
3. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
(b) Do you believe in love?
(c) Are you free for dinner?
(d) Do you think you'll have another baby?
4. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Bottle of wine.
(b) Fresh tomotoes.
(d) Recipe for bread pudding.
5. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(b) Pot roast.
(d) Head of garlic.
6. What recipe do Julie and Rachel perfect while at Rachel and Mark's Virginia home?
(a) Home-made ice cream.
(b) Peach pie.
(c) Marinade for steak.
7. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Personal ads.
(b) Circled real estate listings.
(c) Mark's column.
(d) Thelma's divorce announcement.
8. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
9. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
(b) Economic problems.
(c) Easter Shuttle.
(d) Tax hikes for the rich.
10. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
(a) Airline pilot.
(b) Foreign man.
11. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
12. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(c) Long descriptions.
13. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) A mystery.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Cold weather.
14. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
(a) About baby brothers.
(b) About being independent.
(c) About airplanes.
(d) About New York City.
15. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(a) Key Lime pie.
(b) Boiled potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
2. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
3. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
4. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
5. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)