|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
2. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
3. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
4. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
(c) Shrimp curry.
5. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
6. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She's had a root canal.
(b) She's hard to make travel plans for.
(c) She's very messy.
(d) She had a hard time selling her condo.
7. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To call him by his first name.
(b) He wants to hear about any problems.
(c) To only call him during office hours.
(d) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
8. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(a) Eight p.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) Nine p.m.
9. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
(b) Airline pilot.
(d) Foreign man.
10. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
(a) Their decorator.
(b) Their landscaper.
(c) Their dentist.
(d) Their maid.
11. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(a) Sore throat.
12. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(c) Diamond ring.
13. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
14. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
(a) She never talks.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She drinks too much.
(d) She's too talkative.
15. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper that Mark gives Rachel in the airport that has a story about the robbery?
2. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
3. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
4. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
5. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)