|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
2. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
(a) Shrimp curry.
3. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
(b) Airline pilot.
(d) Foreign man.
4. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
5. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Cream of wheat.
(d) Toast and tea.
6. Who is Juanita?
(a) Rachel's maid.
(b) Betty's maid.
(c) Thelma's realtor.
(d) Thelma's travel agent.
7. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(a) Delayed flight.
(b) Out-of-town guests.
8. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
9. Where does Arthur teach criminal law?
(a) Yale Law School.
(b) Georgetown Law School.
(c) Harvard Law School.
(d) Columbia Law School.
10. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Trip to China.
(b) Evening at a concert.
(c) Shopping spree.
(d) Surpise birthday lunch.
11. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
12. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
13. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
14. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
15. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
2. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
3. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
4. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
5. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)