|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(b) Eight pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Four pounds.
2. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She thinks it's silly.
(b) She is neutral on the subject.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She loves it.
3. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
4. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She's had a root canal.
(b) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(c) She's very messy.
(d) She's hard to make travel plans for.
5. Who is Juanita?
(a) Rachel's maid.
(b) Thelma's travel agent.
(c) Thelma's realtor.
(d) Betty's maid.
6. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Do you believe in love?
(b) Are you free for dinner?
(c) Do you think you'll have another baby?
(d) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
7. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He falls asleep and misses everything.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He meets a new friend.
(d) He throws up.
8. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
9. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
10. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
(d) Shopping mall.
11. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
(b) Results of the amniocentisis.
(c) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(d) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
12. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(b) Garden hose.
13. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Sitting on the deck.
(b) Mowing the backyard.
(c) Working in the front garden.
(d) Under the rhododendron bush.
14. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(b) Long descriptions.
15. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(b) Sore throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
2. What recipe do Julie and Rachel perfect while at Rachel and Mark's Virginia home?
3. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
4. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
5. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)