|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He meets a new friend.
(b) He falls asleep and misses everything.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He throws up.
2. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(b) She's very messy.
(c) She's had a root canal.
(d) She's hard to make travel plans for.
3. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(a) Boiled potatoes.
(c) Key Lime pie.
4. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is neutral on the subject.
(d) She thinks it's silly.
5. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
6. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
7. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(a) Diamond ring.
8. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) Her blood pressure was too high.
(b) She has gestational diabetes.
(c) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
(d) She didn't take good care of herself.
9. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
(a) Boston Globe.
(b) Chicago Tribune.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) New York World-Telegram and Sun.
10. What color hair does Rachel's second son have?
11. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(a) Sore throat.
12. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(c) Julie and Arthur.
13. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Rice pudding.
(c) Toast and tea.
(d) Cream of wheat.
14. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
15. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Do you think you'll have another baby?
(b) Do you believe in love?
(c) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
(d) Are you free for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
2. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
3. How tall is Juanita?
4. What color mustache does Arthur have?
5. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)