|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Cookbook author.
(b) Pregnant writer.
(c) Distraught housewife.
(d) Ex-New Yorker.
2. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(a) Diamond ring.
3. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Trip to China.
(b) Shopping spree.
(c) Evening at a concert.
(d) Surpise birthday lunch.
4. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(a) Long descriptions.
5. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(b) Eight p.m.
(c) Ten p.m.
(d) Nine p.m.
6. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(d) Eight pounds.
7. What color hair does Julie have?
8. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
9. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
(b) Results of the amniocentisis.
(c) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
(d) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
10. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(c) Garden hose.
11. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
(a) Their decorator.
(b) Their dentist.
(c) Their landscaper.
(d) Their maid.
12. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(b) To only call him during office hours.
(c) To call him by his first name.
(d) He wants to hear about any problems.
13. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
(b) Law School.
(c) Capitol Hill.
14. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(a) Delayed flight.
(c) Out-of-town guests.
15. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
(a) Rain coat.
(d) Leather jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
2. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
3. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
4. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
5. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)