|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(b) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
(c) Results of the amniocentisis.
(d) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
2. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
3. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(b) Sore throat.
4. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(b) She's had a root canal.
(c) She's hard to make travel plans for.
(d) She's very messy.
5. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
6. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(b) Bottle of wine.
(c) Fresh tomotoes.
(d) Recipe for bread pudding.
7. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
8. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(c) Long descriptions.
9. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(a) Julie and Arthur.
10. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
(a) Rain coat.
(c) Leather jacket.
11. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
(a) Tells Rachel he loves her.
(b) Reads Sam a book.
(c) Vows not to see Thelma again.
12. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She thinks it's silly.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is neutral on the subject.
13. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Not paying for her airfare.
(b) Talking about his job.
(c) Making plans for a vacation.
(d) Sitting too close to her.
14. What color hair does Julie have?
15. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(b) Boiled potatoes.
(d) Key Lime pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
2. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
3. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
4. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
5. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)