|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To only call him during office hours.
(b) He wants to hear about any problems.
(c) To call him by his first name.
(d) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
2. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Mowing the backyard.
(b) Under the rhododendron bush.
(c) Sitting on the deck.
(d) Working in the front garden.
3. What is Marvin's occupation?
4. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
(d) Shrimp curry.
5. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(d) Eight pounds.
6. Who is Juanita?
(a) Thelma's realtor.
(b) Rachel's maid.
(c) Thelma's travel agent.
(d) Betty's maid.
7. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Mashed potatoes.
8. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Cookbook author.
(b) Ex-New Yorker.
(c) Pregnant writer.
(d) Distraught housewife.
9. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
10. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
11. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
(b) Capitol Hill.
(d) Law School.
12. How many columns does Mark write a week?
13. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
14. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(a) Local grocery store.
(b) Culinary school.
15. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
(a) Traffic violation.
(b) Property damage.
(c) Disturbing the peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard propose to Rachel?
2. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
3. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
4. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
5. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)