|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Rachel in the hospital, listens to her talk, and gives her a head massage?
2. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
3. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
4. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
(a) About airplanes.
(b) About baby brothers.
(c) About being independent.
(d) About New York City.
5. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(b) Julie and Arthur.
6. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
7. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Shopping spree.
(b) Trip to China.
(c) Surpise birthday lunch.
(d) Evening at a concert.
8. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(a) Culinary school.
(c) Local grocery store.
9. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(d) Long descriptions.
10. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
11. What does Juanita say about Thelma?
(a) She's had a root canal.
(b) She had a hard time selling her condo.
(c) She's very messy.
(d) She's hard to make travel plans for.
12. What is the first word Mark says to Rachel when he speaks to her in Chapter 7?
13. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They know each other's spouses.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They have the same last name but are not related.
14. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Do you think you'll have another baby?
(b) Do you believe in love?
(c) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
(d) Are you free for dinner?
15. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
2. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
3. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
4. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
5. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)