|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They know each other's spouses.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They have the same last name but are not related.
2. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
(d) Betty's boyfriend.
3. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(a) Six gerbils.
4. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(c) Mashed potatoes.
(d) Ice cream.
5. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Trip to China.
(b) Surpise birthday lunch.
(c) Evening at a concert.
(d) Shopping spree.
6. How tall is Juanita?
(a) Five feet six inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Four feet ten inches.
(d) Four feet six inches.
7. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(a) Pot roast.
(d) Head of garlic.
8. Who helps Rachel with her bags while waiting at the airport in Chapter 7?
(a) Foreign man.
(d) Airline pilot.
9. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
10. What color hair does Julie have?
11. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
(a) Disturbing the peace.
(c) Property damage.
(d) Traffic violation.
12. What does Marvin take from the fruit basket in Rachel's hospital room?
13. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(d) Long descriptions.
14. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
15. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
(d) Julie and Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Helen Finkle fall in love with?
2. What color mustache does Arthur have?
3. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
4. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
5. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)