|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
2. Who did Helen Finkle fall in love with?
(a) Richard's friend.
(b) Her secretary.
(c) Rachel's husband.
(d) Thelma's cousin.
3. How tall is Juanita?
(a) Four feet six inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Four feet ten inches.
(d) Five feet six inches.
4. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Not paying for her airfare.
(b) Talking about his job.
(c) Sitting too close to her.
(d) Making plans for a vacation.
5. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
6. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Toast and tea.
(b) Rice pudding.
(c) Cream of wheat.
7. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
8. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
9. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
(a) They have the same last name but are not related.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They know each other's spouses.
10. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
(c) Capitol Hill.
(d) Law School.
11. What is Rachel's position on nouvelle cuisine?
(a) She is neutral on the subject.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She thinks it's silly.
12. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
(a) About New York City.
(b) About being independent.
(c) About baby brothers.
(d) About airplanes.
13. What is the name of the newspaper that Mark gives Rachel in the airport that has a story about the robbery?
(a) Daily News.
(b) New York Times.
(c) Casa Vogue.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
14. What newspaper did Rachel work at when she was a journalist?
(a) New York World-Telegram and Sun.
(b) Boston Globe.
(c) Chicago Tribune.
(d) Washington Post.
15. What style does Rachel say Mark sometimes writes his columns in that she describes as "dumb"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
2. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
3. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
4. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
5. What new item of clothing does Rachel see that Mark has draped over a chair in Harry's apartment?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)