|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
2. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
(a) Delayed flight.
(c) Out-of-town guests.
3. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(b) Four pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Eight pounds.
4. What is Marvin's occupation?
5. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Surpise birthday lunch.
(b) Evening at a concert.
(c) Trip to China.
(d) Shopping spree.
6. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(b) Long descriptions.
7. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
8. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(c) Garden hose.
9. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Ice cream.
10. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
11. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
(d) Betty's boyfriend.
12. Who is Juanita?
(a) Rachel's maid.
(b) Thelma's travel agent.
(c) Betty's maid.
(d) Thelma's realtor.
13. What color hair does Julie have?
14. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Personal ads.
(b) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(c) Circled real estate listings.
(d) Mark's column.
15. What color mustache does Arthur have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
2. Who did Helen Finkle fall in love with?
3. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
4. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
5. What does Mark do in Harry's apartment that convinces Rachel to return to Washington with him?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)