|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
2. Who was having drinks with Thelma at the Washington Hilton, according to Betty?
3. What do the two policeman Rachel finds at her Washington home want to return to her?
(b) Diamond ring.
4. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
5. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Cold weather.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) A mystery.
6. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
(b) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(c) Results of the amniocentisis.
(d) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
7. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
8. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Trip to China.
(b) Evening at a concert.
(c) Shopping spree.
(d) Surpise birthday lunch.
9. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Cream of wheat.
(c) Toast and tea.
10. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(b) Local grocery store.
(d) Culinary school.
11. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
12. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Seven pounds, five ounces.
(d) Eight pounds.
13. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
(b) Garden hose.
14. What recipe do Julie and Rachel perfect while at Rachel and Mark's Virginia home?
(a) Peach pie.
(b) Marinade for steak.
(d) Home-made ice cream.
15. Where does Rachel see Jonathan outside his house?
(a) Mowing the backyard.
(b) Under the rhododendron bush.
(c) Working in the front garden.
(d) Sitting on the deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
2. What does Rachel dislike about Richard's wife?
3. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
4. What color hair does Julie have?
5. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)