|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard get a ticket for when he proposes to Rachel?
(b) Property damage.
(c) Traffic violation.
(d) Disturbing the peace.
2. What does Rachel send flying into a row of spectators during her cooking demonstration?
(a) Head of garlic.
(b) Pot roast.
3. Who is the note from that Rachel reads after she returns to Washington in Chapter Eleven?
4. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Cold weather.
(b) A mystery.
(d) Peanut butter.
5. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
(b) Betty's boyfriend.
6. Where does Rachel do a cooking demonstration in Chapter Ten?
(b) Local grocery store.
(d) Culinary school.
7. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(a) Eight p.m.
(b) Ten p.m.
(c) Nine p.m.
8. What does Rachel say that Thelma has when she talks to Betty on the phone?
(c) Sore throat.
9. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(b) Six gerbils.
10. What kind of stories does Rachel read to Sam after she comes home from the hospital?
(a) About airplanes.
(b) About being independent.
(c) About New York City.
(d) About baby brothers.
11. What question does Marvin ask Rachel at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Are you ready to leave the hospital?
(b) Do you believe in love?
(c) Are you free for dinner?
(d) Do you think you'll have another baby?
12. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) He wants to hear about any problems.
(b) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(c) To only call him during office hours.
(d) To call him by his first name.
13. What kind of food does Rachel hate that she says she'll never have to eat again if her marriage to Mark doesn't work out?
14. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
15. What happens to Sam on the flight home to Washington?
(a) He falls asleep and misses everything.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He meets a new friend.
(d) He throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
2. How many pounds does Rachel and Mark's second son weigh at birth?
3. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
4. What color hair does Richard Finkle have?
5. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)