|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
2. What does the nurse tell Rachel and Mark when she called their Virginia home?
(a) Results of the amniocentisis.
(b) Her doctor was leaving the practice.
(c) That Rachel had to come in for a check up.
(d) The date of Rachel's cesarian.
3. Who takes Rachel to the hospital when she is at the Rice's house?
4. What does Julie say her daughter flushed down the toilet at school?
(c) Six gerbils.
5. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Surpise birthday lunch.
(b) Shopping spree.
(c) Evening at a concert.
(d) Trip to China.
6. Who uses four thousand dollars of Arthur and Julie's money to purchase cocaine?
(a) Their maid.
(b) Their landscaper.
(c) Their dentist.
(d) Their decorator.
7. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(b) Long descriptions.
8. In Chapter Nine, what kind of food does Rachel say is good to eat when you're feeling blue?
(a) Mashed potatoes.
(b) Ice cream.
9. What is the name of Rachel and Mark's second son?
10. What does Betty ask Rachel to bring to dinner to go with the lobsters?
(b) Boiled potatoes.
(d) Key Lime pie.
11. What does Arthur make Rachel the day she can eat bland food in the hospital?
(a) Cream of wheat.
(b) Rice pudding.
(d) Toast and tea.
12. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) Her blood pressure was too high.
(b) She has gestational diabetes.
(c) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
(d) She didn't take good care of herself.
13. What does Rachel get mad at Mark for when they are on the shuttle to Washington?
(a) Making plans for a vacation.
(b) Talking about his job.
(c) Not paying for her airfare.
(d) Sitting too close to her.
14. What did Rachel get from the owner of Chez Helene?
(a) Recipe for bread pudding.
(b) Fresh tomotoes.
(c) Bottle of wine.
15. How tall is Juanita?
(a) Four feet six inches.
(b) Five feet six inches.
(c) Five feet.
(d) Four feet ten inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
2. What excuse does Rachel use for missing Betty's party when she is talking with Betty on the phone?
3. What meal does Rachel make for Mark the first night she is back home in Washington?
4. What do Sidney and Dan discover once they learn each other's last names?
5. What is the subject of Mark's column that he is working on at the beginning of Chapter Nine?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)