|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was with Rachel in Rome when they got a recipe for linguine?
2. What subject is the article about that is in Rachel's typewriter in Chapter Nine?
3. What does Rachel refuse to teach Mark how to make when he asks in Chapter Ten?
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
4. Why does Rachel believe her newborn son arrives early?
(a) She has gestational diabetes.
(b) Her blood pressure was too high.
(c) She didn't take good care of herself.
(d) Something is dying inside her and he wants to get out.
5. What author does Rachel talk about when she is doing a cooking demonstration?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Lillian Hellman.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
6. What time does the last Eastern Airlines shuttle to Washington leave from New York?
(a) Eight p.m.
(c) Nine p.m.
(d) Ten p.m.
7. What did Rachel's pediatrician tell Rachel and Mark when Sam was born?
(a) To make sure they check with their insurance about payment.
(b) To call him by his first name.
(c) He wants to hear about any problems.
(d) To only call him during office hours.
8. What does Rachel discover in the copy of the Washington Post she finds in Mark's office?
(a) Thelma's divorce announcement.
(b) Personal ads.
(c) Mark's column.
(d) Circled real estate listings.
9. How does the newspaper report about the robbery describe Rachel's occupation that irritates her?
(a) Ex-New Yorker.
(b) Pregnant writer.
(c) Cookbook author.
(d) Distraught housewife.
10. Whose car does Rachel borrow in order to get to the Rice's house?
11. What does Betty say that Jonathan organized for his wife that she never showed up for?
(a) Shopping spree.
(b) Surpise birthday lunch.
(c) Trip to China.
(d) Evening at a concert.
12. What does Rachel say she hates at the beginning of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Cold weather.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) A mystery.
13. What name does Rachel say she would like to have when she plays the game "What Do You Wish You Were Named"?
14. What do Sam and Mark find in the river near their Virginia home?
15. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(a) Long descriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color mustache does Arthur have?
2. Who sends Rachel a fruit basket after she gives birth?
3. Whose birthday party does Rachel forget to go to?
4. What does Rachel trip over when she is snooping outside the Rice's house?
5. Where was Julie working when Arthur met her?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)