|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
(a) Left her all his money.
(b) Took all her money.
(d) Invested wisely.
2. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
3. Who is Richard Finkel?
(b) Network director.
(c) Rachel's producer.
(d) Mark's coworker.
4. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
5. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
(a) Traveling to Singapore.
(b) Meeting Rachel.
(c) His first day of work in the newspaper business.
(d) When he wrote his first column.
6. Who does Rachel find at her father's apartment after she is interviewed by the police?
7. What show does Rachel watch the second morning she is in her father's apartment?
(a) CNN news.
(b) Phil Donahue.
(c) Merv Griffin.
8. Where did Richard first see Rachel?
(a) Comedy Central.
(b) Local news.
(d) Phil Donahue.
9. Who is Mark having an affair with?
(a) Julie Lawson.
(b) Thelma Rice.
(c) Lucy Smith.
(d) Betty Searle.
10. What kind of job did Rachel's mother have when Rachel was growing up?
(a) Hollywood agent.
11. What kind of casserole was Rachel's mother famous for?
(b) Asian noodle casserole.
(d) Lima beans and pears.
12. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(c) The best man ever.
(d) A real peach.
13. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
(a) Having someone depend on her.
(b) The everydayness of it.
(c) Learning new things.
(d) Learning how to make things.
14. What kind of routine was Rachel doing when Richard first saw her?
(b) Jewish prince routine.
15. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eleanor find wandering the streets dressed only in a towel?
2. What does Uncle Seymour's Beef Borscht refer to?
3. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
4. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
5. Who is Rachel Samstat?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)