|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
(b) Friend's house.
(c) Her father's apartment.
2. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
(c) Four-minute egg.
3. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
(a) She had no one else she loved.
(b) He was everything she wanted in a husband.
(c) She thought he had learned his lesson.
(d) Vera approved of her choice.
4. Who is Lucy Mae Hopkins?
5. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
(a) She doesn't like the members.
(b) She wants to hide that she is in therapy.
(c) Too many characters.
(d) The conversations are too confusing.
6. What was Amelia's occupation before she got married?
7. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
8. What kind of job does Mark have?
(a) Political job.
9. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
(a) Running club.
(b) Christmas party.
(c) Book signing.
(d) Tennis game.
10. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
(a) Jogging suit.
(b) Bermuda shorts.
(c) Black suit.
(d) Khaki pants.
11. What does Rachel say one network said about her when she tried to get a show with them?
(a) Not tall enough.
(b) Too pretty.
(c) Too New York.
(d) Too tall.
12. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
(b) Car backfiring.
(c) Loud music.
13. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(b) A real peach.
(d) The best man ever.
14. What is Vera's husband's name?
15. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rachel living when she first met Mark?
2. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
3. Where is Mark when his wife calls and says she knows about his affair?
4. How old is Rachel?
5. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)