|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
(a) Call Mark.
(b) Call Thelma.
(c) Watch the baby inside her make waves in her belly.
2. Why does the Detective think he needs therapy?
(a) He is having trouble sleeping.
(b) To help him decide about a hair transplant.
(c) Because he is getting a divorce.
(d) He feels depressed.
3. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
4. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
(c) Four-minute egg.
5. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
(a) Jogging suit.
(b) Khaki pants.
(c) Black suit.
(d) Bermuda shorts.
6. What did Rachel's mother save in 1963 that she used to purchase a blender for Rachel?
(a) Blue-chip stamps.
(b) Plaid stamps.
7. What did Charlie refuse to give Vera when she was moving out of their apartment?
(a) Carrot peeler.
(c) Coffee table.
8. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
(a) Vera approved of her choice.
(b) She thought he had learned his lesson.
(c) He was everything she wanted in a husband.
(d) She had no one else she loved.
9. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
(b) Her father's apartment.
(c) Friend's house.
10. How far along is Rachel's pregnancy in Chapter 1?
(a) Six months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Two months.
11. What time did Rachel tell Mark that she heard something while cooking at her Washington home?
(a) 3:20 pm.
(b) 5:50 pm.
(c) 10 pm.
(d) 6 am.
12. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
13. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
(a) Butter ball.
(c) Poppy seed cookie.
(d) Gold digger.
14. What does Rachel wonder about regarding diabetes?
(a) What the symptoms of diabetes are.
(b) If her mother had diabetes.
(c) If she will have diabetes when she is older.
(d) If Jews have more diabetes than anyone else.
15. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
(a) Sauteed broccoli.
(b) Spinach soup.
(c) Sorrell soup.
(d) Pea soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mark having an affair with?
2. Who takes a picture of Rachel as she is on her way to therapy group?
3. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
4. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
5. Who is Mr. Abbey?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)