|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
2. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
(b) Car backfiring.
(c) Loud music.
3. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
4. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(b) The best man ever.
(c) A real peach.
5. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
6. Who is Rachel Samstat?
(b) Wife of Jonathan.
(c) Cousin of Mark.
(d) Daughter of Penny.
7. What does Rachel's father like to write letters about to his daughters several times a month?
(a) Instructions on cooking.
(b) Making investments.
(c) Safeguarding their money.
(d) His will.
8. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
9. What is Rachel's occupation?
(b) Cookbook writer.
10. What color hair does Vera have?
11. Where did Rachel and Mark dance together for the first time?
(b) Pension Building.
(c) Dancing lessons.
(d) Inaugural ball.
12. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Five and a half feet.
(d) Six feet four inches.
13. What kind of routine was Rachel doing when Richard first saw her?
(a) Jewish prince routine.
14. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
(a) Call Mark.
(b) Call Thelma.
(c) Watch the baby inside her make waves in her belly.
15. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
2. Who is Lucy Mae Hopkins?
3. What does the man in the plaid shirt sitting next to Rachel keep doing?
4. What animal does Rachel compare Thelma with when she is at the group therapy meeting?
5. What did Rachel's mother save in 1963 that she used to purchase a blender for Rachel?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)