|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
(a) He was trouble.
(b) He was too nice.
(c) He liked to drink.
(d) He moved a lot.
2. Who is Lucy Mae Hopkins?
3. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
(a) Front door.
(d) Second floor.
4. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) The best man ever.
(d) A real peach.
5. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
(a) Poppy seed cookie.
(c) Gold digger.
(d) Butter ball.
6. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
(a) Six feet four inches.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five and a half feet.
7. What city does Mark live in?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) San Francisco.
8. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
(a) At work.
(b) Mental hospital.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Vacationing in Bahamas.
9. What did Mark and Thelma shop for at Bloomingdales, according to Jonathan?
(b) Kitchen tables.
10. What excuse does Laszlo give Rachel for not completing the contracting work?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He needs a new saw.
11. What is Ellis buying at the nut stand?
(a) Candied apple.
12. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
(a) Virginia house.
(b) New York City.
13. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
(a) Friend's house.
(c) Her father's apartment.
14. What term does Vera use to describe Mark when Rachel tells her about his affair?
15. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
(a) One month.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence did Rachel find in Mark's apartment that indicated another woman had been visiting him?
2. What is one of the therapy group's rules?
3. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
4. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
5. Who is Mr. Abbey?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)