|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
2. What does Uncle Seymour's Beef Borscht refer to?
(b) Cooking show.
(c) Title to Rachel's first book.
(d) Recipe in magazine.
3. What stock did Rachel's parents invest in that made them rich?
(d) Pork futures.
4. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
5. What city does Mark live in?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Washington, D.C.
6. What is Vera's husband's name?
7. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
(a) She doesn't like the members.
(b) She wants to hide that she is in therapy.
(c) Too many characters.
(d) The conversations are too confusing.
8. What does Sidney give to Rachel in the group meeting?
(b) Comforting pat on the shoulder.
(c) Box of kleenex.
(d) Cough drop.
9. What kind of job does Mark have?
(a) Political job.
10. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) Crossword puzzle.
(b) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(c) The best carrot cake recipe.
(d) Neighborhood mystery.
11. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
(a) Jogging suit.
(b) Khaki pants.
(c) Bermuda shorts.
(d) Black suit.
12. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
13. What kind of job did Rachel's mother have when Rachel was growing up?
(b) Hollywood agent.
14. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
(a) Traveling to Singapore.
(b) Meeting Rachel.
(c) His first day of work in the newspaper business.
(d) When he wrote his first column.
15. What does the man in the plaid shirt sitting next to Rachel keep doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
2. What did Rachel's mother's second husband do after they got married?
3. What did Rachel's mother save in 1963 that she used to purchase a blender for Rachel?
4. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
5. What does Rachel say she heard one day while cooking at her Washington home?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)