|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mark say smells of Dr. Scholl's footpads in Chapter Two?
(d) Rachel's father.
2. What is Jonathan's occupation?
(a) Advertising executive.
(d) Undersecretary of state.
3. Who did Rachel's mother marry that she thought was God?
4. Where does Jonathan visit Rachel in Chapter Three?
(c) New York City.
(d) Virginia house.
5. What excuse does Laszlo give Rachel for not completing the contracting work?
(a) He needs a new saw.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He is too busy.
6. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
7. What did Rachel's mother save in 1963 that she used to purchase a blender for Rachel?
(a) Blue-chip stamps.
(d) Plaid stamps.
8. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) They have different lifestyles.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) He is unstable financially.
9. Who taught Rachel how to cook mushrooms?
(a) Julia Child.
(c) A man from Boston she was involved with.
10. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
11. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
(a) Mental hospital.
(b) Vacationing in Bahamas.
(c) At work.
(d) Visiting a friend.
12. Who is Richard Finkel?
(b) Mark's coworker.
(c) Rachel's producer.
(d) Network director.
13. Who is Mr. Abbey?
(b) Mark's co-worker.
(c) Rachel's neighbor.
14. What does Rachel find in Mark's sock drawer?
(a) Diamond necklace.
(b) Children's song book.
(c) Poem to his lover.
15. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard first see Rachel?
2. Why did Rachel decide to marry Mark?
3. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
4. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
5. What are Rachel and Jonathan doing when Harry returns to his apartment?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)