|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say about why her voice works well on television?
(a) It's melodious.
(b) It's funny and makes people laugh.
(c) She uses inflection well.
(d) She uses sophisticated phrases.
2. What happens when Rachel looks at the camera while doing her TV show?
(a) She frowns.
(b) She blinks a lot.
(c) She stares without blinking.
(d) She sneezes.
3. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) The best carrot cake recipe.
(b) Crossword puzzle.
(c) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(d) Neighborhood mystery.
4. What kind of pets did Rachel's first husband have?
5. What kind of transportation does Rachel use to get to therapy group?
6. What is Vanessa Melhado famous for?
(a) Owning a restaurant.
(b) Acting in movies.
(c) Fashion designs.
7. What does Rachel find in Mark's sock drawer?
(b) Diamond necklace.
(c) Poem to his lover.
(d) Children's song book.
8. What time did Rachel tell Mark that she heard something while cooking at her Washington home?
(a) 10 pm.
(b) 3:20 pm.
(c) 6 am.
(d) 5:50 pm.
9. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
(a) Pea soup.
(b) Sauteed broccoli.
(c) Sorrell soup.
(d) Spinach soup.
10. After the robbery at group, what do the police use to transport the group to the police station?
(a) Paddy wagon.
(b) Police cars.
11. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
(a) Too many characters.
(b) She wants to hide that she is in therapy.
(c) She doesn't like the members.
(d) The conversations are too confusing.
12. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
(a) He moved a lot.
(b) He was too nice.
(c) He was trouble.
(d) He liked to drink.
13. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
14. Who takes a picture of Rachel as she is on her way to therapy group?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Professional photographer.
(d) Japanese man.
15. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
(b) Butter ball.
(c) Poppy seed cookie.
(d) Gold digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Rachel give a recipe for carrot cake?
2. Who does Rachel find at her father's apartment after she is interviewed by the police?
3. What city does Mark live in?
4. Where did Rachel and Mark dance together for the first time?
5. In Chapter Four, what does Rachel say she is suffering from?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)