|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rachel take to New York with her in Chapter 1?
2. What recipe did Rachel's mother like to make for her New Year's Day party?
(b) Lox, onions and eggs.
(c) Beef tacos.
(d) Shrimp cocktail.
3. What excuse does Laszlo give Rachel for not completing the contracting work?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He forgot.
(d) He needs a new saw.
4. What does the man in the plaid shirt sitting next to Rachel keep doing?
5. What is Harry wearing when he returns to his apartment in Chapter Three?
(a) Jogging suit.
(b) Black suit.
(c) Khaki pants.
(d) Bermuda shorts.
6. Who is Lucy Mae Hopkins?
7. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
8. Who is Eleanor?
(a) Rachel's niece.
(b) Harry's wife.
(c) Harry's mother.
(d) Rachel's sister.
9. Where is Mark when his wife calls and says she knows about his affair?
(b) Car dealership.
10. What city does Mark live in?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) San Francisco.
11. What is Jonathan's occupation?
(b) Advertising executive.
(c) Undersecretary of state.
12. Where does Rachel stay when she goes to New York?
(a) Her father's apartment.
(b) Friend's house.
13. What did Mark and Thelma shop for at Bloomingdales, according to Jonathan?
(c) Kitchen tables.
14. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
(a) Call Mark.
(c) Call Thelma.
(d) Watch the baby inside her make waves in her belly.
15. What does Rachel compare Amelia to?
(a) Gold digger.
(c) Butter ball.
(d) Poppy seed cookie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Abbey?
2. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
3. After the robbery at group, what do the police use to transport the group to the police station?
4. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
5. What are Rachel and Jonathan doing when Harry returns to his apartment?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)