|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mark use when he describes his first wife, Kimberly?
2. Who taught Rachel how to cook mushrooms?
(a) A man from Boston she was involved with.
(c) Julia Child.
3. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
(a) Second floor.
(b) Front door.
4. What does Rachel find in Mark's sock drawer?
(a) Children's song book.
(b) Poem to his lover.
(d) Diamond necklace.
5. What kind of roles did Rachel's father play?
(a) Kind characters.
(c) Leading roles.
(d) Stand up comic.
6. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) The best carrot cake recipe.
(b) Neighborhood mystery.
(c) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(d) Crossword puzzle.
7. What kind of routine was Rachel doing when Richard first saw her?
(b) Jewish prince routine.
8. Who does Rachel find at her father's apartment after she is interviewed by the police?
9. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
10. What kind of casserole was Rachel's mother famous for?
(a) Asian noodle casserole.
(c) Lima beans and pears.
11. Who is Mark having an affair with?
(a) Betty Searle.
(b) Lucy Smith.
(c) Thelma Rice.
(d) Julie Lawson.
12. What color hair does Vera have?
13. Who takes a picture of Rachel as she is on her way to therapy group?
(a) Professional photographer.
(b) Security guard.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Japanese man.
14. What animal does Rachel compare Thelma with when she is at the group therapy meeting?
15. Why does the Detective think he needs therapy?
(a) To help him decide about a hair transplant.
(b) Because he is getting a divorce.
(c) He feels depressed.
(d) He is having trouble sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of transportation does Rachel use to get to therapy group?
2. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
3. What evidence did Rachel find in Mark's apartment that indicated another woman had been visiting him?
4. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
5. Where is Mark when his wife calls and says she knows about his affair?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)