|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) A real peach.
(b) The best man ever.
2. What are Rachel and Jonathan doing when Harry returns to his apartment?
(a) Drinking wine.
(d) Eating lunch.
3. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
(a) Sorrell soup.
(b) Sauteed broccoli.
(c) Spinach soup.
(d) Pea soup.
4. What does Rachel find in Mark's sock drawer?
(a) Children's song book.
(b) Poem to his lover.
(c) Diamond necklace.
5. How tall does Rachel think the mugger is?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) Six feet.
6. Who does Rachel find at her father's apartment after she is interviewed by the police?
7. How many children does Rachel have at the beginning of the novel?
8. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
(a) Second floor.
(b) Front door.
9. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She prefers to be single.
(b) She didn't trust him.
(c) He is unstable financially.
(d) They have different lifestyles.
10. Who does Mark say smells of Dr. Scholl's footpads in Chapter Two?
(a) Rachel's father.
11. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
(a) She doesn't like the members.
(b) The conversations are too confusing.
(c) Too many characters.
(d) She wants to hide that she is in therapy.
12. What is one of the therapy group's rules?
(a) Not to give anyone's last name.
(b) To make up first names.
(c) To go on a field trip once a year.
(d) To refrain from bringing food to group meetings.
13. What evidence did Rachel find in Mark's apartment that indicated another woman had been visiting him?
(c) Virginia Slim cigarette.
14. How old is Rachel?
15. What did Mark and Thelma shop for at Bloomingdales, according to Jonathan?
(c) Kitchen tables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
2. What kind of transportation does Rachel use to get to therapy group?
3. What happens when Rachel looks at the camera while doing her TV show?
4. What color hair does Vera have?
5. Who is Mr. Abbey?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)