|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say about why her voice works well on television?
(a) It's funny and makes people laugh.
(b) She uses sophisticated phrases.
(c) She uses inflection well.
(d) It's melodious.
2. What happens when Rachel looks at the camera while doing her TV show?
(a) She stares without blinking.
(b) She frowns.
(c) She blinks a lot.
(d) She sneezes.
3. What kind of transportation does Rachel use to get to therapy group?
4. What is the name of the detective who takes Rachel's statement after the mugging at group therapy?
5. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What recipe directs cooks to cut off the stems carefully or the dish will be hairy?
(a) Spinach soup.
(b) Sauteed broccoli.
(c) Pea soup.
(d) Sorrell soup.
7. What is Jonathan's occupation?
(b) Advertising executive.
(c) Undersecretary of state.
8. What does the man in the plaid shirt sitting next to Rachel keep doing?
9. Why does the Detective think he needs therapy?
(a) Because he is getting a divorce.
(b) He feels depressed.
(c) He is having trouble sleeping.
(d) To help him decide about a hair transplant.
10. What reason does Rachel give for why she didn't want to marry Mark?
(a) She didn't trust him.
(b) He is unstable financially.
(c) She prefers to be single.
(d) They have different lifestyles.
11. After the robbery at group, what do the police use to transport the group to the police station?
(b) Paddy wagon.
(d) Police cars.
12. Who takes a picture of Rachel as she is on her way to therapy group?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Japanese man.
(d) Professional photographer.
13. Who was Rachel's father going to see when he left Rachel in his apartment after calling for take-out?
14. Who is Eleanor?
(a) Harry's wife.
(b) Harry's mother.
(c) Rachel's sister.
(d) Rachel's niece.
15. Where did Rachel and Mark dance together for the first time?
(a) Inaugural ball.
(c) Dancing lessons.
(d) Pension Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Vera have?
2. What is Rachel's occupation?
3. When Chapter Four begins, what does Rachel do when she wakes up?
4. What kind of take-out does Rachel's father order for her from his apartment?
5. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)