|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellis buying at the nut stand?
(d) Candied apple.
2. What time did Rachel tell Mark that she heard something while cooking at her Washington home?
(a) 10 pm.
(b) 6 am.
(c) 5:50 pm.
(d) 3:20 pm.
3. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
(a) Mental hospital.
(b) At work.
(c) Visiting a friend.
(d) Vacationing in Bahamas.
4. How long does it take Mark to arrive home after his wife calls him to tell him she knows about his affair?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Six hours.
5. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
(a) Traveling to Singapore.
(b) When he wrote his first column.
(c) His first day of work in the newspaper business.
(d) Meeting Rachel.
6. What does Rachel wonder about regarding diabetes?
(a) If Jews have more diabetes than anyone else.
(b) What the symptoms of diabetes are.
(c) If her mother had diabetes.
(d) If she will have diabetes when she is older.
7. What color shirt is the mugger wearing who robs the group members?
8. What kind of casserole was Rachel's mother famous for?
(c) Asian noodle casserole.
(d) Lima beans and pears.
9. Who taught Rachel how to cook mushrooms?
(b) A man from Boston she was involved with.
(d) Julia Child.
10. What kind of roles did Rachel's father play?
(a) Leading roles.
(b) Kind characters.
(d) Stand up comic.
11. Where did Rachel first meet Mark?
(a) Tennis game.
(b) Book signing.
(c) Christmas party.
(d) Running club.
12. What positive expression does Rachel use to describe her father at the end of Chapter Three?
(c) The best man ever.
(d) A real peach.
13. When did Mark give Rachel the diamond ring that she hides in her bra?
(a) On their one year anniversary.
(b) When she was pregnant for the second time.
(c) On their engagement.
(d) When Sam was born.
14. What does Rachel like to eat when she is feeling blue?
(c) Bacon hash.
15. How old is Rachel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rachel been in therapy?
2. Where did Rachel and Mark dance together for the first time?
3. Why does the Detective think he needs therapy?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Rachel say she loves about marriage?
5. What does Rachel say her contractor forgot to put on their West Virginia property?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)