|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Betty Searle try to figure out in Chapter 1?
(a) How long Thelma has been in an affair.
(b) Crossword puzzle.
(c) Neighborhood mystery.
(d) The best carrot cake recipe.
2. Where did Arthur and Mark grow up together?
3. Why does Rachel say she would not introduce her therapy group members into a book under normal circumstances?
(a) Too many characters.
(b) She doesn't like the members.
(c) The conversations are too confusing.
(d) She wants to hide that she is in therapy.
4. What did Betty warn Rachel about regarding Mark when she first met him?
(a) He liked to drink.
(b) He moved a lot.
(c) He was trouble.
(d) He was too nice.
5. What does Rachel say is hard to include in a book when the author has to move the plot forward?
(d) Long descriptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel cooking in her house in Washington when she heard something loud outside?
2. How long has it been since Rachel has attended therapy group in Chapter Four?
3. What story does Mark like to tell that Rachel describes as a "novella"?
4. Where is Rachel's father in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Rachel visit the morning after she returns to Washington with Mark?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)