• The narrator, Rachel Samstat, is a cook and food writer and a married mother of one child, with another on the way.
• Rachel discovers her husband, Mark Feldman, is having an affair with Thelma Rice, and is very upset.
• Thelma and her husband Jonathan are personal friends of Rachel and Mark.
• The couple has even been over for dinner recently, and Rachel has given Thelma her carrot cake recipe.
• Rachel and her friend Betty Searle have spent the entire seven months of Rachel's pregnancy trying to figure out who Thelma has been having an affair with.
• Rachel has even asked Mark his opinion on the subject.
• Mark says she is not having an affair.
• Rachel discovers her husband's affair because she snoops through his things, already convinced that Mark is cheating on her.
• In Mark's sock drawer, Rachel finds a book of children's songs with an...
This section contains 3,427 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)