|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
3. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
4. Who does Philippovich ask to bring in the dog in the Epilogue?
5. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
2. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
3. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
4. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
5. How does Sharikov die?
6. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
7. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
8. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
9. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
10. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the father son relationship between Philippovich and Sharikov. What arguments and conflicts do they often have? How do their differences affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Russian Revolution. Why is the Russian Revolution referenced in the book Heart of a Dog? What does Philippovich feel about the changes that have taken place because of the revolution? What changes have taken place?
Essay Topic 3
Interpret Bulgakov's use of symbolism. What are some examples of symbolism in the novel Heart of a Dog? Analyze and interpret the symbols.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)