|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
Essay Topic 1
Examine and analyze the character Sharikov. What are his defining character traits? How is he connected to Klim and Sharik? What is his relationship like with Philippovich?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author, Mikhail Bulgakov, and his work. What other work has he done? Does he always write in the same genre? What are some recurring themes found throughout his works?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Heart of a Dog. How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)