Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
Analyze the father son relationship between Philippovich and Sharikov. What arguments and conflicts do they often have? How do their differences affect their relationship?
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Heart of a Dog. How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in?
Analyze the religion motif in the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some of the religious or Biblical allusions and metaphors found throughout the novel? Analyze and interpret the different religious references.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)