|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
3. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
4. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
5. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social classes as they are portrayed in the novel Heart of a Dog. What social classes are portrayed? Which characters represent the social classes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Philippovich's creation and his need to create. What does Philippovich create? Why does he do so? What effect does his creation have on him? Was his creation successful?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Heart of a Dog. How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)