|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Russian Revolution. Why is the Russian Revolution referenced in the book Heart of a Dog? What does Philippovich feel about the changes that have taken place because of the revolution? What changes have taken place?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Bulgakov have chosen to include an epilogue? How does the epilogue change one's experience of the novel? Does the epilogue go in a different direction than expected? Would the novel be substantially different if the epilogue was not included?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Romantic movement and how it relates to the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some characteristics of the Romantic movement? What elements of the novel are influenced by the Romantic movement?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)