Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
Discuss the Romantic movement and how it relates to the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some characteristics of the Romantic movement? What elements of the novel are influenced by the Romantic movement?
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Heart of a Dog. How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in?
Analyze the character, Sharik. What are Sharik's defining character traits? What is Sharik doing when the reader is first introduced to him? What happens to Sharik throughout the novel? What is your opinion of Sharik as a narrator?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)