|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
2. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
3. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
4. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
5. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men argue about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
3. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
4. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
6. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
7. How does Sharikov die?
8. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
9. What does Sharikov do to himself following his argument with Philip in Chapter 8?
10. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the proletariat social class. Who is a proletariat in the novel? Who dislikes the proletariats? Why? Based on the novel, what might Bulgakov's opinion of proletariat be?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the religion motif in the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some of the religious or Biblical allusions and metaphors found throughout the novel? Analyze and interpret the different religious references.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the father son relationship between Philippovich and Sharikov. What arguments and conflicts do they often have? How do their differences affect their relationship?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)