|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
2. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
3. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
4. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
5. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
2. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
3. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
4. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
6. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
7. What does Sharikov do to himself following his argument with Philip in Chapter 8?
8. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
9. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
10. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the religion motif in the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some of the religious or Biblical allusions and metaphors found throughout the novel? Analyze and interpret the different religious references.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel Heart of a Dog. How does the novel end? Were you surprised by the ending? What tone is the conclusion written in?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the proletariat social class. Who is a proletariat in the novel? Who dislikes the proletariats? Why? Based on the novel, what might Bulgakov's opinion of proletariat be?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)