|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
2. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
3. What do the police do at the apartment?
4. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
5. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
2. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
3. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
4. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
5. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Sharikov want to do in the evening?
7. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
8. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
9. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
10. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Romantic movement and how it relates to the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some characteristics of the Romantic movement? What elements of the novel are influenced by the Romantic movement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the social classes as they are portrayed in the novel Heart of a Dog. What social classes are portrayed? Which characters represent the social classes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Philippovich's creation and his need to create. What does Philippovich create? Why does he do so? What effect does his creation have on him? Was his creation successful?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)