Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
Interpret Heart of a Dog as a satire. What is a satire? What makes Heart of a Dog a satire? What does the novel satirize?
Discuss the Romantic movement and how it relates to the novel Heart of a Dog. What are some characteristics of the Romantic movement? What elements of the novel are influenced by the Romantic movement?
Analyze the character Philippovich. What are his defining character traits? What does he do for a living, and how do his profession and interests lead to problems in the novel? What social class does he belong to? How does this influence him?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)