|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
2. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
3. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
4. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
5. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
2. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
4. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
5. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
6. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
7. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
8. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
9. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
10. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine and analyze the character Sharikov. What are his defining character traits? How is he connected to Klim and Sharik? What is his relationship like with Philippovich?
Essay Topic 2
Interpret Bulgakov's use of metaphors in Heart of a Dog. What is a metaphor? What are some examples of metaphors in the novel? Analyze and interpret the meaning behind the metaphors.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the father son relationship between Philippovich and Sharikov. What arguments and conflicts do they often have? How do their differences affect their relationship?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)