|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
2. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
3. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
4. What do the police do at the apartment?
5. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
2. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
3. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
4. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
6. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
7. How does Sharikov die?
8. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
9. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
10. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Philippovich's creation and his need to create. What does Philippovich create? Why does he do so? What effect does his creation have on him? Was his creation successful?
Essay Topic 2
Examine and analyze the character Sharikov. What are his defining character traits? How is he connected to Klim and Sharik? What is his relationship like with Philippovich?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Russian Revolution. Why is the Russian Revolution referenced in the book Heart of a Dog? What does Philippovich feel about the changes that have taken place because of the revolution? What changes have taken place?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)