|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do at the apartment?
(a) Search the apartment.
(b) Search for a murder weapon.
(c) Dust for fingerprints.
(d) Question the doorman.
2. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he could be appointed to a job.
(b) What happened to his head.
(c) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(d) How he lost all his hair.
3. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
(a) Throws plates across the room.
(b) Slashes his cheek with a razor.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Punches Philippovich.
4. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A monster.
(b) A savage.
(c) An animal.
(d) A burden.
5. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) His lab coat.
(b) An azure bathrobe.
(c) A business suit.
(d) Striped trousers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
2. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
3. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
4. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
5. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
2. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
3. Who does Sharikov bring home with him after going out drinking and how are they dealt with?
4. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
5. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
6. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
7. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
8. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
9. How does Sharikov die?
10. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)