|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
(a) A beaver hat.
(b) A cane.
(c) A lighter.
(d) An ashtray.
2. Who appears in the hallway with an angry face in Chapter 8?
(d) The doorman.
3. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
4. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
5. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
(a) Working on a farm.
(b) Ridding Moscow of stray animals.
(c) Collecting trash in the street.
(d) Working at the Moscow zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
2. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
3. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
4. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
5. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
2. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
3. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
4. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Sharikov bring home with him after going out drinking and how are they dealt with?
6. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
7. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
8. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
10. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)