|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a dog groomer.
(c) She is a hair dresser.
(d) She is a typist.
2. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Three days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Eleven days.
3. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(a) Cruelty against animals.
(c) Failure to report a crime.
4. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
(a) The doctors have coffee.
(b) The doctors go over their medical notes.
(c) The doctors go back to sleep.
(d) The doctors sit and smoke.
5. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
(a) Go out for drinks.
(b) Read something.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
2. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
3. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
4. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
5. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
2. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
3. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
4. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
5. How does Sharikov die?
6. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
7. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
8. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
9. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
10. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)