|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Medical advice pamphlets.
(b) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(c) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(d) Political posters.
2. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(c) The doorman.
3. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) Philippovich's best suit.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) An azure housecoat.
(d) Nothing but his undershirt.
4. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
(a) Like he is always under observation.
(c) Unfairly criticized.
(d) As though he is getting in the way.
5. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philippovich ask to bring in the dog in the Epilogue?
2. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
3. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
4. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
5. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
2. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
3. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
4. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
5. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
6. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
7. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
8. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
9. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
10. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)