|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the father.
(b) As the godhead.
(c) As the wizard.
(d) As the master.
2. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Bormenthal's colleague.
(b) A house committee member.
(c) Zina's fiance.
(d) One of Philippovich's patients.
3. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Fourteen days.
4. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
5. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
(a) By slamming it shut.
(b) With a paperweight.
(c) With his shoe.
(d) With a stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
2. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
3. What do neighbors report about the night Sharikov died?
4. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
5. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
2. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
3. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
4. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
5. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
6. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
7. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
8. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
9. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
10. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)