|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) Two strangers.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The men from the house committee.
2. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Political posters.
(b) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(c) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(d) Medical advice pamphlets.
3. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the wizard.
(b) As the godhead.
(c) As the master.
(d) As the father.
4. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(b) On of Philippovich's patients.
(d) The house committee members.
5. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A reporter to tell his story to.
(b) A new place to live.
(c) A gun.
(d) A government official to report Philippovich to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
2. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
3. What does the dog have on his head?
4. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
5. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
2. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
3. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
4. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
5. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
6. Who does Sharikov bring home with him from work one day in Chapter 9?
7. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
8. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
9. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
10. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)