|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharik refer to Bormenthal in the Epilogue?
(a) As the smelly one.
(b) As the helpful one.
(c) As the bitten one.
(d) As the young one.
2. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Serving in the military.
(b) Living with a cat.
(c) Looking for food in alleys.
(d) Paying taxes.
3. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) Nothing but his undershirt.
(b) Philippovich's best suit.
(c) A pair of underwear.
(d) An azure housecoat.
4. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
(a) The police.
(c) One of Philippovich's patients.
5. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something shady.
(b) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(c) Something evil.
(d) Something amazing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shyonder?
2. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
3. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
4. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
5. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
2. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
3. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
4. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
5. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
6. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
8. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
9. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
10. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)