|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(b) Morally corrupt activities.
(c) Illegal medical activities.
(d) Subversive activities.
2. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Looking for food in alleys.
(b) Serving in the military.
(c) Paying taxes.
(d) Living with a cat.
3. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) A good pair of shoes.
(b) A registration card.
(c) A collar and tags.
(d) An escort.
4. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The office.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The examination room.
5. What does the dog have on his head?
(a) A bandaid.
(b) A purple scar.
(c) A protective wrap.
(d) An open wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
2. What do neighbors report about the night Sharikov died?
3. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
4. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
5. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. How does Sharikov die?
3. What does Sharikov do to himself following his argument with Philip in Chapter 8?
4. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
5. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
6. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
7. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
8. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
9. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
10. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)