|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) On a high shelf.
(b) Taped under a table.
(c) In his desk drawer.
(d) In his pocket.
2. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A medicine cabinet.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) An armoire.
(d) His desk.
3. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
4. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Shovelling elephant dung.
(b) Digging through garbage.
(c) Butchering livestock.
(d) Choking cats.
5. Why does Bormenthal roll up his sleeve in Chapter 8?
(a) To clean up the flood water.
(b) To cool down.
(c) To hit Sharikov.
(d) To show Sharikov his tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
2. What does Zina see Bormenthal burning?
3. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
4. What do the police do at the apartment?
5. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
2. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
3. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
4. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
5. How does Sharikov die?
6. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
7. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
8. What does Sharikov do to himself following his argument with Philip in Chapter 8?
9. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
10. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)