|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Zina's fiance.
(b) One of Philippovich's patients.
(c) Bormenthal's colleague.
(d) A house committee member.
2. Who kills Sharikov?
3. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
(a) That which determines the aspect of the given human individual.
(b) That which makes a dog a dog.
(c) That which establishes a person's belief system
(d) That which separates humans from dogs.
4. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
(a) Go to the circus.
(b) Go dancing at a music hall.
(c) Go to the racetrack.
(d) Go to a bar.
5. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A watch.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
2. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
3. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
4. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
2. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
3. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
4. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
5. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
6. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
7. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
8. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
9. How does Sharikov die?
10. What does Sharik look like in the Epilogue?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)