|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) A pair of underwear.
(b) Nothing but his undershirt.
(c) Philippovich's best suit.
(d) An azure housecoat.
2. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The office.
3. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) A closet.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The examination room.
4. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
(a) The theatre is too long.
(b) The theatre is too bourgeois.
(c) The theatre is too stifling.
(d) The theatre is boring.
5. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
3. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
4. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
5. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
2. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
3. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
4. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
5. How does Sharikov die?
6. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
7. How does Sharikov explain his smell when he returns home after three days?
8. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
9. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
10. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)