|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(b) Sharikov stealing things.
(c) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
(d) How to address one another.
2. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A savage.
(b) A burden.
(c) A monster.
(d) An animal.
3. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is an escaped convict.
(b) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(c) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(d) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
4. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
5. How does Sharik refer to Bormenthal in the Epilogue?
(a) As the young one.
(b) As the bitten one.
(c) As the helpful one.
(d) As the smelly one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
2. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
3. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
4. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
2. How does Sharikov die?
3. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
4. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
5. What does Philippovich ask Shvonder when he comes to the apartment in Chapter 6?
6. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
7. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
8. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
9. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
10. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)