|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Living with a cat.
(b) Serving in the military.
(c) Looking for food in alleys.
(d) Paying taxes.
2. What does Philippovich ask Shyonder in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether A** has contacted him yet.
(b) Whether the galoshes stand will be returning.
(c) Whether there is any work that Sharikov could do.
(d) Whether there is anymore room available to buy in the building.
3. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
(b) Five a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) One-thirty a.m.
4. How does Sharikov die?
(a) He is strangled.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is hit on the head.
(d) He is smothered by a pillow.
5. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Shyonder?
2. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
3. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
4. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
5. What do neighbors report about the night Sharikov died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
2. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
3. Who does Sharikov bring home with him after going out drinking and how are they dealt with?
4. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
5. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
6. What do the men argue about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
8. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
9. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
10. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)