|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
2. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Three days.
3. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) His lab coat.
(b) Striped trousers.
(c) An azure bathrobe.
(d) A business suit.
4. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
5. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) Taped under a table.
(c) In his desk drawer.
(d) On a high shelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
2. Who does Philippovich ask to bring in the dog in the Epilogue?
3. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
4. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
5. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Sharikov want to do in the evening?
2. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
3. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
4. Where does Sharikov find a job, and who helps him find it?
5. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
6. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
7. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
8. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
9. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
10. What does Sharikov do to himself following his argument with Philip in Chapter 8?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)