|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their bourgeois behavior.
(b) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
(c) Their inability to accept change.
(d) Their cruelness toward him.
2. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(b) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(c) That he is an escaped convict.
(d) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
3. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) An armoire.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) His desk.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
4. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Political posters.
(b) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(c) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(d) Medical advice pamphlets.
5. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
2. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
3. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
4. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
5. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
2. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
3. What does Sharik say he suspects about his ancestry in the Epilogue?
4. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
5. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Sharikov want to do in the evening?
7. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
8. What sends Philippovich through the roof at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
9. Why is the house committee upset with Sharikov in Chapter 9?
10. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)