|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Makes an obscene gesture.
(b) Spits at Philippovich.
(c) Strikes Darya.
(d) Knocks a vase over.
2. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
3. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
(a) She is a hair dresser.
(b) She is a dog groomer.
(c) She is a typist.
(d) She is a seamstress.
4. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Seven rubles.
(b) Eighteen rubles.
(c) Twenty-one rubles.
(d) Twelve rubles.
5. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Shoot Sharikov.
(b) Poison Sharikov.
(c) Kidnap Sharikov.
(d) Strangle Sharikov.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
2. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
3. What does the dog have on his head?
4. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
5. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
2. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
3. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
4. What definition is the reader unsure of at the end of Chapter 7?
5. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
6. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
7. What does one of Philippovich's patients bring to show Philippovich in Chapter 9?
8. What does Sharikov tell the doctors he has read in Chapter 7?
9. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
10. What do the men argue about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)