|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) March 2nd.
(b) January 17th.
(c) January 12th.
(d) January 23rd.
2. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As ugly.
(b) As nervous.
(c) As agressive.
(d) As friendly.
3. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
(a) The building's doorman.
(b) The press.
(c) Philippovich's father.
(d) The government.
4. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(b) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(c) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(d) Boris Alexandrovich.
5. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
3. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
4. What does the dog think about how people eat?
5. What does the dog judge people by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
2. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
3. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
4. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
5. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
6. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
8. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
9. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
10. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)