|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The property organization authority.
(b) The Moscow housing authority.
(c) The house management committee.
(d) The state employment committee.
2. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's kidney.
(b) Sharik's appendix.
(c) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(d) Sharik's gall bladder.
3. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A canvas bag.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A jar.
4. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
5. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He has a calm disposition.
(b) He eats well.
(c) He doesn't steal.
(d) He wouldn't kick a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog?
2. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
4. What does the dog judge people by?
5. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
2. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
3. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
4. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
5. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
6. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
7. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
8. What happens when Sharikov chases a cat into the bathroom in Chapter 6?
9. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
10. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)