|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and tobacco.
(b) A hospital and and vodka.
(c) A hospital and cigars.
(d) A hospital and bread.
2. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(b) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(c) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(d) That something went wrong in the surgery.
3. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's abdomen.
(b) Sharik's neck.
(c) Sharik's head.
(d) Sharik's leg.
4. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His habit of sleeping all day.
(b) His odour.
(c) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(d) His mannerisms and speech.
5. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
2. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
3. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
4. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
5. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
2. What does Sharik look like around January 8th?
3. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
4. In Chapter 8, how has Sharikov become even more like Klim?
5. What does Philippovich tell the police about Sarik's surgery?
6. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
7. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
8. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
9. At the end of the argument about socialism, what does Philippovich tell Zina to do?
10. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)