|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Philip's maid?
2. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(b) A collar.
(c) An owner.
(d) A leg.
3. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Eight times.
(d) Five times.
4. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Five hours.
5. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
(a) He begins to lose fur.
(b) His ears shrink in size.
(c) The sound of his bark changes.
(d) His body grows longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
2. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
3. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
4. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
5. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
2. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
3. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
4. What does Sharik look like around January 8th?
5. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
6. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
7. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
8. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
9. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
10. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)