|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(b) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(c) More tenants are moving in.
(d) The roof is leaking.
2. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
(d) A dog.
3. Which grade is the typist?
4. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His habit of sleeping all day.
(b) His odour.
(c) His mannerisms and speech.
(d) The amount of noise he makes at night.
5. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) An umbrella holder.
(b) A coat rack.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A galoshes stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
2. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
3. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
4. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
5. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
2. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
3. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
4. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
5. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
6. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
7. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
8. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
9. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
10. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)