|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Turn himself into the police.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Go to church and pray.
2. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A heat wave.
3. Which grade is the typist?
4. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
(b) Chicken breast.
(c) Ground beef.
(d) Pork chops.
5. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
3. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
4. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
5. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
2. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
3. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
4. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
5. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
6. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
7. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
8. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
9. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
10. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)