|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
2. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
3. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Ten days.
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A galoshes stand.
(b) An umbrella holder.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A mailbox.
5. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the circus.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To a concert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
2. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
3. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
4. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
5. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
2. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
3. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
4. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
6. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
7. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
8. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
9. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
10. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)