|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's kidney.
(b) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(c) Sharik's gall bladder.
(d) Sharik's appendix.
2. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The young one.
(b) The bitten one.
(c) The short one.
(d) The ugly one.
3. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
(b) Chicken breast.
(c) Pork chops.
(d) Ground beef.
4. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
5. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
2. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
3. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
4. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
5. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
2. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
3. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
4. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
5. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
6. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
7. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
8. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
9. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
10. Where does Zina take Sharik when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment, and what frightens him there?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)