|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat like kings.
(b) People eat too much.
(c) People eat poorly.
(d) People don't eat enough.
2. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) In Philippovich's office.
(c) The examination room.
(d) The hallway.
3. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Has a drink with Bormental.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Takes a walk around the block.
(d) Watches Sharik intently.
4. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
5. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Complain to the press.
(d) Sue the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
2. What is the dog afraid of?
3. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
4. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
5. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Epilogue, what does Sharik say makes him feel better?
2. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
3. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
4. On what condition does Philippovich allow Sharikov to go to the circus?
5. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
6. What document does Sharik ask Philippovich to get for him in Chapter 6?
7. Where does Zina take Sharik when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment, and what frightens him there?
8. What do the police officers want to know about the dog?
9. What does Bormenthal offer to do to deal with Sharikov?
10. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)