|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Telephones a colleague.
(b) Prepares the examination room.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Looks at medical pictures.
2. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) An owner.
(c) A collar.
(d) A leg.
3. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) January 23rd.
(b) March 2nd.
(c) January 12th.
(d) January 17th.
4. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Go to church and pray.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Turn himself into the police.
(d) Leave town.
5. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
(a) It sounds like a hyena.
(b) It sounds like that of a smoker.
(c) It is funny sounding.
(d) It is unpleasant sounding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
2. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
3. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
4. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
5. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
2. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
3. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
4. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
6. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
7. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
8. Where does Zina take Sharik when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment, and what frightens him there?
9. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
10. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)