|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A galoshes stand.
(b) A coat rack.
(c) An umbrella holder.
(d) A mailbox.
2. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
(a) A child.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A cook.
(d) A police officer.
3. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(b) By tricking them into trusting you.
(c) By treating them with kindness.
(d) By offering them something they want.
4. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(b) He doesn't steal.
(c) He has a calm disposition.
(d) He eats well.
5. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Go to church and pray.
(d) Turn himself into the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
2. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
3. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
4. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
5. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
Short Essay Questions
1. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
2. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
3. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
4. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
5. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
6. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
7. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
9. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
10. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)