|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(c) Bright red.
2. Which grade is the typist?
3. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Boiling water.
(c) An empty soda can.
(d) Some table scraps.
4. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A stuffed owl.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A shoe.
5. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Forty-three years old.
(c) Thirty-seven years old.
(d) Fifty-two years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
2. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
3. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking? .
4. What caused the dog to begin his education? .
5. What is the dog afraid of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
3. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
4. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
5. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
6. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
7. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
10. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)