|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) In Philippovich's office.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) The examination room.
(d) The hallway.
2. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
3. In which city is the story set?
(b) St. Petersburg.
4. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
(a) Ground beef.
(c) Chicken breast.
(d) Pork chops.
5. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog?
2. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
3. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
4. What happens on January 6th?
5. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
3. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
4. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
5. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
6. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
7. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
8. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
9. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
10. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)