|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(b) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(c) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(d) Boris Alexandrovich.
2. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's neck.
(b) Sharik's head.
(c) Sharik's abdomen.
(d) Sharik's leg.
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Eight hours.
4. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
5. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Sleeping in a bed.
(b) Discussing politics.
(c) Dressing in clothes.
(d) Using the telephone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Which grade is the typist?
3. What is the name of the dog?
4. What happens on January 6th?
5. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
2. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
3. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
4. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
5. What does Bormenthal find out about the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
6. What procedure do Dr. Bormenthal and Philippovich carry out on Sharik?
7. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
8. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
9. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
10. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)