|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To a concert.
(d) To the circus.
2. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A stuffed owl.
(d) A shoe.
3. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Prepares the examination room.
(b) Telephones a colleague.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Looks at medical pictures.
4. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
5. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A jar.
(b) A canvas bag.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog?
2. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
3. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
4. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
5. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
2. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
3. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
4. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
5. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
7. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
8. What does Philippovich rant about at dinner with Dr. Bormenthal?
9. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
10. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)