|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
(a) His surgery's lights.
(b) The electricity.
(c) The local trafic lights.
(d) His refrigerator.
2. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
3. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The man in the corner.
(b) The bright lights.
(c) The loud noises.
(d) The smell.
4. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As ugly.
(b) As agressive.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As nervous.
5. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
2. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
3. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
5. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
4. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
5. In Chapter 8, what conclusion does Philippovich come to about his operation on Sharik?
6. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
7. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
8. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
9. How is Sharik dressed at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
10. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)