|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
2. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(b) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(c) The roof is leaking.
(d) More tenants are moving in.
3. What is the dog afraid of?
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The man in the corner.
(b) The loud noises.
(c) The bright lights.
(d) The smell.
5. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) An owner.
(c) A collar.
(d) A leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
3. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
4. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
5. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
2. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
3. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
4. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
6. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
7. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
8. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
9. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
10. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)