|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's kidney.
(b) Sharik's appendix.
(c) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(d) Sharik's gall bladder.
2. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
4. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) On a rug.
(c) Beside the refrigerator.
(d) On the sofa.
5. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Thirty-seven years old.
(c) Fifty-two years old.
(d) Forty-three years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
3. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
5. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
2. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
4. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
5. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
6. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
7. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
8. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
9. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
10. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)