|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philip is out of town.
(b) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
(c) Philippovich is ill.
(d) Philip is busy with his patients.
2. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Six days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
3. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(b) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(c) Remove Sharik's leg.
(d) Give Sharik insulin.
4. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played the piano.
(b) He played a trumpet.
(c) He played an accordion.
(d) He played a balalaika.
5. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
(d) Grocery stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
2. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
4. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
5. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
2. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
3. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
4. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
5. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
6. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
7. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
8. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
9. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
10. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)