|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The property organization authority.
(b) The state employment committee.
(c) The house management committee.
(d) The Moscow housing authority.
2. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
3. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Forty-three years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Thirty-seven years old.
(d) Fifty-two years old.
4. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
(a) The electricity.
(b) His surgery's lights.
(c) His refrigerator.
(d) The local trafic lights.
5. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's head.
(b) Sharik's abdomen.
(c) Sharik's neck.
(d) Sharik's leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
2. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
4. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
5. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
2. Where does Zina take Sharik when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment, and what frightens him there?
3. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
4. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
5. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
6. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
7. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What does Bormenthal find out about the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
10. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)