|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog afraid of?
2. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
(b) Philip is out of town.
(c) Philip is busy with his patients.
(d) Philippovich is ill.
3. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) An umbrella holder.
(b) A coat rack.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A galoshes stand.
4. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A hail storm.
5. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
2. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
3. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
4. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
5. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
2. What does Bormenthal find out about the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
3. What does Sharik look like around January 8th?
4. Besides the missing galoshes stand, what complaints does Philippovich voice about the new Soviet order?
5. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
6. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
7. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
8. What progress does Sharik make after January 10th?
9. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
10. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)