|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
2. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and cigars.
(b) A hospital and tobacco.
(c) A hospital and bread.
(d) A hospital and and vodka.
3. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Dressing in clothes.
(b) Sleeping in a bed.
(c) Using the telephone.
(d) Discussing politics.
4. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Watches Sharik intently.
(b) Smokes a cigarette.
(c) Takes a walk around the block.
(d) Has a drink with Bormental.
5. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) Some table scraps.
(b) Boiling water.
(c) A blanket.
(d) An empty soda can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
2. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
3. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
4. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
5. Where does the dog forage for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
2. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
3. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
6. What are Sharik's last thoughts before being put under for the surgery?
7. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
9. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
10. What does Philippovich admit after the surgery is complete?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)