|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) From a street vendor.
(b) From the local butcher.
(c) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
(d) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
2. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's abdomen.
(b) Sharik's head.
(c) Sharik's leg.
(d) Sharik's neck.
3. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
(a) A murderer.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A fraud.
(d) A trickster.
4. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(c) The weather.
5. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
2. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
3. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
4. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
5. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
2. How does Sharik feel about being made to wear a collar?
3. What does Sharik look like around January 8th?
4. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
5. What direction does Philippovich give Dr. Bormenthal in Chapter 3?
6. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
7. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
8. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
9. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
10. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)