Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
2. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(b) Sharik's gall bladder.
(c) Sharik's appendix.
(d) Sharik's kidney.
3. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played an accordion.
(b) He played a balalaika.
(c) He played a trumpet.
(d) He played the piano.
4. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A stuffed owl.
5. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The state employment committee.
(b) The house management committee.
(c) The property organization authority.
(d) The Moscow housing authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
2. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
3. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
4. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
5. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharik want his official name to be, and how did he come up with it?
2. Who comes to the apartment at the beginning of the Epilogue?
3. Describe some of Philippovich's patients.
4. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
5. What excites Philippovich early in Chapter 4?
6. How does Sharik learn to read and why?
7. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
8. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
9. What are the first signs that Sharik is undergoing a transformation?
10. What does Philippovich do after Sharikov and Bormenthal leave the apartment in Chapter 7?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)