|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(b) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(c) The roof is leaking.
(d) More tenants are moving in.
2. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A hail storm.
3. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The short one.
(b) The young one.
(c) The ugly one.
(d) The bitten one.
4. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
5. In which city is the story set?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
2. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
4. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
5. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharik notice when he awakes in the examination room in Chapter 2?
2. What does Philippovich admit on January 8th?
3. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
4. What causes Sharik distress early in Chapter 4?
5. How does Philippovich say he was able to get Sharik to follow him home?
6. Why does Zina beg to be excused from the surgery?
7. What does Philippovich think has happened to his galoshes?
8. In Chapter 2, what does the group of four young people want, and how does Philippovich deal with the situation?
9. In Chapter 3, what does Sharik destroy from Philippovich's office, and why isn't he punished?
10. Why does Bormenthal close his case history at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)