|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
2. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) He has gotten a hair cut.
(b) His health has improved.
(c) He has become thin and frail.
(d) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
3. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(b) Cruelty against animals.
(d) Failure to report a crime.
4. Who is Shyonder?
(a) One of Philippovich's patients.
(b) Zina's fiance.
(c) A house committee member.
(d) Bormenthal's colleague.
5. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
6. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A closet.
(d) The kitchen.
7. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Twenty-one rubles.
(b) Twelve rubles.
(c) Seven rubles.
(d) Eighteen rubles.
8. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) His medical history notes.
(c) A bottle of alcohol.
(d) A key.
9. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(b) On of Philippovich's patients.
(d) The house committee members.
10. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
(b) A smoker's cough.
(d) A pain in his side.
11. What does Zina see Bormenthal burning?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A blue copybook.
(c) His bathrobe.
(d) Sharik's leash and collar.
12. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
(a) One-thirty a.m.
(b) Three a.m.
(d) Five a.m.
13. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
(a) His notes about Sharikov's operation.
(b) Sharikov's flea-infested clothing.
(c) Sharikov's library book.
(d) The table scraps from dinner.
14. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Knocks a vase over.
(b) Spits at Philippovich.
(c) Makes an obscene gesture.
(d) Strikes Darya.
15. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still sits on the sofa.
(b) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(c) The dog still speaks.
(d) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
2. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
4. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
5. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)