|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(a) Young and thin.
(b) Frail and pale.
(d) Frizzy haired.
2. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
3. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(b) That he is an escaped convict.
(c) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(d) That he is a gangster in hiding.
4. What was the theme of the book Sharikov read?
(a) Providing for the weakest in society.
(b) Dog breeds.
(c) Taking everything and dividing it up.
(d) Russia's war history.
5. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
(a) Sharikov's library book.
(b) Sharikov's flea-infested clothing.
(c) His notes about Sharikov's operation.
(d) The table scraps from dinner.
6. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A reporter to tell his story to.
(b) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(c) A new place to live.
(d) A gun.
7. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Choking cats.
(b) Shovelling elephant dung.
(c) Digging through garbage.
(d) Butchering livestock.
8. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
(a) A bright blue tie.
(b) Red velvet slippers.
(c) Torn striped trousers.
(d) A fake ruby pin.
9. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
10. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Zina's fiance.
(b) A house committee member.
(c) Bormenthal's colleague.
(d) One of Philippovich's patients.
11. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
(a) The police.
(b) One of Philippovich's patients.
12. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) An animal.
(b) A burden.
(c) A monster.
(d) A savage.
13. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Morally corrupt activities.
(b) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(c) Subversive activities.
(d) Illegal medical activities.
14. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
15. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
(a) That Sharikov promises to behave.
(b) That there will be no police around.
(c) That they will be in a darkened room.
(d) That there will be no cats around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Sharikov?
2. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
3. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
4. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
5. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)