|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Strangle Sharikov.
(b) Poison Sharikov.
(c) Shoot Sharikov.
(d) Kidnap Sharikov.
2. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(d) The doorman.
3. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) He has become thin and frail.
(b) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
(c) His health has improved.
(d) He has gotten a hair cut.
4. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the godhead.
(b) As the father.
(c) As the wizard.
(d) As the master.
5. Why does Bormenthal roll up his sleeve in Chapter 8?
(a) To cool down.
(b) To clean up the flood water.
(c) To show Sharikov his tattoo.
(d) To hit Sharikov.
6. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go out for drinks.
(d) Read something.
7. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
8. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The examination room.
(d) A closet.
9. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
10. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(b) Something evil.
(c) Something shady.
(d) Something amazing.
11. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Zina's fiance.
(b) A house committee member.
(c) Bormenthal's colleague.
(d) One of Philippovich's patients.
12. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Illegal medical activities.
(b) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(c) Subversive activities.
(d) Morally corrupt activities.
13. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
(a) Sitting by the fire.
(b) Going on walks with Zina.
(c) Being stroked by Philippovich.
(d) Eating sausage.
14. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) Philippovich's best suit.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) An azure housecoat.
(d) Nothing but his undershirt.
15. How does Sharikov die?
(a) He is hit on the head.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is strangled.
(d) He is smothered by a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
2. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
3. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
4. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
5. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)