|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) He has gotten a hair cut.
(b) His health has improved.
(c) He has become thin and frail.
(d) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
2. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is an escaped convict.
(b) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(c) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(d) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
3. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Morally corrupt activities.
(b) Subversive activities.
(c) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(d) Illegal medical activities.
4. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Throws plates across the room.
(c) Punches Philippovich.
(d) Slashes his cheek with a razor.
5. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) Philippovich's best suit.
(b) An azure housecoat.
(c) A pair of underwear.
(d) Nothing but his undershirt.
6. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It should make him famous.
(b) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(c) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(d) It was a mistake.
7. Why does Bormenthal roll up his sleeve in Chapter 8?
(a) To hit Sharikov.
(b) To clean up the flood water.
(c) To cool down.
(d) To show Sharikov his tattoo.
8. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "creator."
(b) Sharik calls him "dad."
(c) Sharik calls him "master."
(d) Sharik calls him "my lord."
9. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
(b) The dog still sits on the sofa.
(c) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(d) The dog still speaks.
10. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(b) Failure to report a crime.
(d) Cruelty against animals.
11. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
(a) That there will be no cats around.
(b) That they will be in a darkened room.
(c) That there will be no police around.
(d) That Sharikov promises to behave.
12. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) What happened to his head.
(b) How he lost all his hair.
(c) How he could be appointed to a job.
(d) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
13. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A bookcase.
(b) An armoire.
(c) A medicine cabinet.
(d) His desk.
14. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(c) The doorman.
15. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
(a) Going on walks with Zina.
(b) Eating sausage.
(c) Sitting by the fire.
(d) Being stroked by Philippovich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
2. What do the police do at the apartment?
3. Who appears in the hallway with an angry face in Chapter 8?
4. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
5. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)