|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Sharikov?
2. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Strangle Sharikov.
(b) Shoot Sharikov.
(c) Poison Sharikov.
(d) Kidnap Sharikov.
3. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Digging through garbage.
(b) Shovelling elephant dung.
(c) Choking cats.
(d) Butchering livestock.
4. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
5. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the father.
(b) As the wizard.
(c) As the master.
(d) As the godhead.
6. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
7. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) About a week.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(a) The house committee members.
(d) On of Philippovich's patients.
9. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was injured in a fire.
(b) He was wounded in the war.
(c) He was attacked by a dog.
(d) He was deformed as a child.
11. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A beaver hat.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A cane.
12. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
(a) A German.
(b) An American.
(c) A Russian.
(d) An Englishman.
13. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) He has gotten a hair cut.
(b) He has become thin and frail.
(c) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
(d) His health has improved.
14. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Strikes Darya.
(b) Knocks a vase over.
(c) Spits at Philippovich.
(d) Makes an obscene gesture.
15. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) Two strangers.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The men from the house committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
2. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
3. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
4. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
5. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)