|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) A pair of underwear.
(b) Philippovich's best suit.
(c) Nothing but his undershirt.
(d) An azure housecoat.
2. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) How to address one another.
(b) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(c) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
(d) Sharikov stealing things.
3. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(b) The house committee members.
(c) On of Philippovich's patients.
4. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) What happened to his head.
(b) How he lost all his hair.
(c) How he could be appointed to a job.
(d) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
5. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their cruelness toward him.
(b) Their inability to accept change.
(c) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
(d) Their bourgeois behavior.
6. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
7. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Paying taxes.
(b) Looking for food in alleys.
(c) Living with a cat.
(d) Serving in the military.
8. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The office.
9. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
(a) Ridding Moscow of stray animals.
(b) Working on a farm.
(c) Working at the Moscow zoo.
(d) Collecting trash in the street.
10. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
11. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
(a) That there will be no police around.
(b) That Sharikov promises to behave.
(c) That they will be in a darkened room.
(d) That there will be no cats around.
12. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A reporter to tell his story to.
(b) A gun.
(c) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(d) A new place to live.
13. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
(b) Unfairly criticized.
(c) Like he is always under observation.
(d) As though he is getting in the way.
14. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) On a high shelf.
(c) Taped under a table.
(d) In his pocket.
15. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
3. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
4. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)