|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Choking cats.
(b) Digging through garbage.
(c) Butchering livestock.
(d) Shovelling elephant dung.
2. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A medicine cabinet.
(b) An armoire.
(c) A bookcase.
(d) His desk.
3. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(b) For a telephone call.
(c) For Zina to bring him a drink.
(d) For divine inspiration.
4. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(b) How he could be appointed to a job.
(c) How he lost all his hair.
(d) What happened to his head.
5. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
6. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
(a) Torn striped trousers.
(b) Red velvet slippers.
(c) A fake ruby pin.
(d) A bright blue tie.
7. What was the theme of the book Sharikov read?
(a) Taking everything and dividing it up.
(b) Russia's war history.
(c) Providing for the weakest in society.
(d) Dog breeds.
8. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
9. What do neighbors report about the night Sharikov died?
(a) They heard a dog barking all night.
(b) The examination room lights were on all night.
(c) They didn't notice anything unual.
(d) There were loud noises all night.
10. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(a) The police.
(b) The house committee.
(d) The militia.
11. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
(a) Go out for drinks.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Read something.
(d) Go for a walk.
12. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still sits on the sofa.
(b) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
(c) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(d) The dog still speaks.
13. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
14. What does Philippovich ask Shyonder in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether A** has contacted him yet.
(b) Whether the galoshes stand will be returning.
(c) Whether there is any work that Sharikov could do.
(d) Whether there is anymore room available to buy in the building.
15. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The men from the house committee.
(d) Two strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
2. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
3. How does Sharik refer to Bormenthal in the Epilogue?
4. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
5. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)