|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
(a) A purple lump.
(b) A pink lump.
(c) A yellowish lump.
(d) A white lump.
3. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
(b) Their bourgeois behavior.
(c) Their inability to accept change.
(d) Their cruelness toward him.
4. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(b) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(c) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(d) That he is an escaped convict.
5. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
6. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
7. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(b) How he could be appointed to a job.
(c) How he lost all his hair.
(d) What happened to his head.
8. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) A closet.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
9. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) His lab coat.
(b) Striped trousers.
(c) A business suit.
(d) An azure bathrobe.
10. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Strikes Darya.
(b) Spits at Philippovich.
(c) Knocks a vase over.
(d) Makes an obscene gesture.
11. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A new place to live.
(b) A reporter to tell his story to.
(c) A gun.
(d) A government official to report Philippovich to.
12. Who is Shyonder?
(a) One of Philippovich's patients.
(b) Zina's fiance.
(c) A house committee member.
(d) Bormenthal's colleague.
13. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For divine inspiration.
(b) For Zina to bring him a drink.
(c) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(d) For a telephone call.
14. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) Taped under a table.
(b) On a high shelf.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In his desk drawer.
15. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
2. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
3. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
4. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
5. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)