|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their cruelness toward him.
(b) Their inability to accept change.
(c) Their bourgeois behavior.
(d) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
2. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Bormenthal's colleague.
(b) A house committee member.
(c) One of Philippovich's patients.
(d) Zina's fiance.
3. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Knocks a vase over.
(b) Makes an obscene gesture.
(c) Spits at Philippovich.
(d) Strikes Darya.
4. What does Philippovich ask Shyonder in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether there is anymore room available to buy in the building.
(b) Whether the galoshes stand will be returning.
(c) Whether A** has contacted him yet.
(d) Whether there is any work that Sharikov could do.
5. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(a) The militia.
(b) The house committee.
(d) The police.
6. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) A business suit.
(b) Striped trousers.
(c) His lab coat.
(d) An azure bathrobe.
7. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) A key.
(b) A bottle of alcohol.
(c) His medical history notes.
8. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
(a) His notes about Sharikov's operation.
(b) Sharikov's flea-infested clothing.
(c) The table scraps from dinner.
(d) Sharikov's library book.
9. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Go out for drinks.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Read something.
10. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Three days.
11. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
(a) Torn striped trousers.
(b) Red velvet slippers.
(c) A bright blue tie.
(d) A fake ruby pin.
12. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) Sharikov stealing things.
(b) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
(c) How to address one another.
(d) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
13. What does the dog have on his head?
(a) A protective wrap.
(b) A purple scar.
(c) A bandaid.
(d) An open wound.
14. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
(a) An American.
(b) A German.
(c) A Russian.
(d) An Englishman.
15. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
2. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
3. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
4. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
5. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)