|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Seven rubles.
(b) Twelve rubles.
(c) Eighteen rubles.
(d) Twenty-one rubles.
2. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Bormenthal's colleague.
(b) One of Philippovich's patients.
(c) A house committee member.
(d) Zina's fiance.
3. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) His medical history notes.
(b) A key.
(d) A bottle of alcohol.
4. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The office.
5. Who kills Sharikov?
6. How does Sharikov die?
(a) He is smothered by a pillow.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is hit on the head.
(d) He is drowned.
7. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
8. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(b) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
(c) Sharikov stealing things.
(d) How to address one another.
9. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(b) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(c) Medical advice pamphlets.
(d) Political posters.
10. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(b) It should make him famous.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It was a mistake.
11. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "creator."
(b) Sharik calls him "dad."
(c) Sharik calls him "my lord."
(d) Sharik calls him "master."
12. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The men from the house committee.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Two strangers.
13. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Fourteen days.
(d) Three days.
14. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
(a) Going on walks with Zina.
(b) Eating sausage.
(c) Being stroked by Philippovich.
(d) Sitting by the fire.
15. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was injured in a fire.
(b) He was attacked by a dog.
(c) He was wounded in the war.
(d) He was deformed as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bormenthal roll up his sleeve in Chapter 8?
2. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
3. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
4. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
5. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)