|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(d) The doorman.
2. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A knife.
(c) A watch.
(d) A wallet.
3. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
(a) A St. Bernard.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A Rottweiller.
(d) A Newfoundland.
4. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
(a) That which determines the aspect of the given human individual.
(b) That which makes a dog a dog.
(c) That which establishes a person's belief system
(d) That which separates humans from dogs.
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A bookcase.
(b) An armoire.
(c) His desk.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
6. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(b) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(c) Political posters.
(d) Medical advice pamphlets.
7. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It should make him famous.
8. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
9. Who is Shyonder?
(a) One of Philippovich's patients.
(b) A house committee member.
(c) Bormenthal's colleague.
(d) Zina's fiance.
10. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
(a) About a week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
11. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(b) How he lost all his hair.
(c) What happened to his head.
(d) How he could be appointed to a job.
12. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
13. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
14. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Kidnap Sharikov.
(b) Strangle Sharikov.
(c) Poison Sharikov.
(d) Shoot Sharikov.
15. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is an escaped convict.
(b) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(c) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(d) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
2. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
3. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
4. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
5. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)