|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(b) The doorman.
2. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
3. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(b) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(c) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(d) That he is an escaped convict.
4. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(b) The police.
(c) The house committee.
(d) The militia.
5. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) The men from the house committee.
(b) A young woman.
(c) Two strangers.
(d) A police officer.
6. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
(a) Five a.m.
(b) One-thirty a.m.
(d) Three a.m.
7. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) Nothing but his undershirt.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) An azure housecoat.
(d) Philippovich's best suit.
8. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A cane.
(c) An ashtray.
(d) A beaver hat.
9. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A burden.
(b) A savage.
(c) An animal.
(d) A monster.
10. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
(a) That which separates humans from dogs.
(b) That which makes a dog a dog.
(c) That which establishes a person's belief system
(d) That which determines the aspect of the given human individual.
11. Who does Philippovich ask to bring in the dog in the Epilogue?
(b) The doorman.
12. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(c) Cruelty against animals.
(d) Failure to report a crime.
13. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
14. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It should make him famous.
15. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
(a) Sitting by the fire.
(b) Being stroked by Philippovich.
(c) Eating sausage.
(d) Going on walks with Zina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
3. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
4. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
5. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)