|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
(c) The police.
(d) One of Philippovich's patients.
2. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
(a) The theatre is boring.
(b) The theatre is too bourgeois.
(c) The theatre is too stifling.
(d) The theatre is too long.
3. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
4. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) A collar and tags.
(b) A good pair of shoes.
(c) An escort.
(d) A registration card.
5. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
(b) A pain in his side.
(d) A smoker's cough.
6. Who is not arrested for what happened to Sharikov?
7. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was injured in a fire.
(b) He was wounded in the war.
(c) He was deformed as a child.
(d) He was attacked by a dog.
8. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The office.
(d) The examination room.
9. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(b) On of Philippovich's patients.
(c) The house committee members.
10. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For a telephone call.
(b) For divine inspiration.
(c) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(d) For Zina to bring him a drink.
11. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
12. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
(a) Run down the street.
(b) Eat questionable looking food.
(c) Play the balalaika.
(d) Smoke and drink.
13. How does Sharikov die?
(a) He is hit on the head.
(b) He is drowned.
(c) He is strangled.
(d) He is smothered by a pillow.
14. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Go dancing at a music hall.
(c) Go to the racetrack.
(d) Go to the circus.
15. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
(a) Sits in his chair and naps.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Smoke a cigar while reading the paper.
(d) Paces and sings to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
2. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
3. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
4. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
5. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)