|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
2. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
3. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Fourteen days.
4. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(a) Young and thin.
(c) Frail and pale.
(d) Frizzy haired.
5. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his desk drawer.
(c) On a high shelf.
(d) Taped under a table.
6. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(a) Cruelty against animals.
(d) Failure to report a crime.
7. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
8. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Digging through garbage.
(b) Choking cats.
(c) Shovelling elephant dung.
(d) Butchering livestock.
9. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was attacked by a dog.
(b) He was wounded in the war.
(c) He was deformed as a child.
(d) He was injured in a fire.
10. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
11. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their bourgeois behavior.
(b) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
(c) Their cruelness toward him.
(d) Their inability to accept change.
12. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A gun.
(b) A reporter to tell his story to.
(c) A new place to live.
(d) A government official to report Philippovich to.
13. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
(a) A Great Dane.
(b) A Rottweiller.
(c) A St. Bernard.
(d) A Newfoundland.
14. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Illegal medical activities.
(b) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(c) Morally corrupt activities.
(d) Subversive activities.
15. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) A bottle of alcohol.
(b) A key.
(d) His medical history notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
2. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
3. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
4. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
5. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)