|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(a) Young and thin.
(b) Frizzy haired.
(d) Frail and pale.
2. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
(a) A fly.
(b) A spider.
(c) An ant.
(d) A flea.
3. What does Sharikov insult the doctors for in Chapter 7?
(a) Their inability to accept change.
(b) Their dislike of his fashion sense.
(c) Their cruelness toward him.
(d) Their bourgeois behavior.
4. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(b) How he lost all his hair.
(c) What happened to his head.
(d) How he could be appointed to a job.
5. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
(a) Eat questionable looking food.
(b) Run down the street.
(c) Smoke and drink.
(d) Play the balalaika.
6. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
(a) A purple lump.
(b) A white lump.
(c) A pink lump.
(d) A yellowish lump.
7. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
8. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still speaks.
(b) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(c) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
(d) The dog still sits on the sofa.
9. How many days does Sharikov disappear for in Chapter 9?
(a) Three days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Fourteen days.
10. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
11. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) His medical history notes.
(c) A key.
(d) A bottle of alcohol.
12. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was deformed as a child.
(b) He was injured in a fire.
(c) He was wounded in the war.
(d) He was attacked by a dog.
13. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
14. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the father.
(b) As the master.
(c) As the wizard.
(d) As the godhead.
15. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) A collar and tags.
(b) An escort.
(c) A good pair of shoes.
(d) A registration card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
2. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
3. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
4. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
5. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)