|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) On a high shelf.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) Taped under a table.
2. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) His health has improved.
(b) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
(c) He has become thin and frail.
(d) He has gotten a hair cut.
3. How does Sharik refer to Bormenthal in the Epilogue?
(a) As the bitten one.
(b) As the helpful one.
(c) As the smelly one.
(d) As the young one.
4. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
5. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
(a) Choking cats.
(b) Butchering livestock.
(c) Digging through garbage.
(d) Shovelling elephant dung.
6. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Seven rubles.
(b) Twenty-one rubles.
(c) Eighteen rubles.
(d) Twelve rubles.
7. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
8. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A reporter to tell his story to.
(b) A new place to live.
(c) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(d) A gun.
9. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
(a) Like he is always under observation.
(b) Unfairly criticized.
(c) As though he is getting in the way.
10. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
11. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A savage.
(b) A monster.
(c) A burden.
(d) An animal.
12. What charge is brought against the arrested parties for what happened to Sharikov?
(b) Cruelty against animals.
(d) Failure to report a crime.
13. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The office.
(d) The kitchen.
14. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
15. What does Zina see Bormenthal burning?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A blue copybook.
(c) Sharik's leash and collar.
(d) His bathrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
2. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
3. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
4. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
5. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)