|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(b) A reporter to tell his story to.
(c) A gun.
(d) A new place to live.
3. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Two days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Five days.
4. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
(b) He has gotten a hair cut.
(c) He has become thin and frail.
(d) His health has improved.
5. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It should make him famous.
6. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) How to address one another.
(b) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(c) Sharikov stealing things.
(d) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
7. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
8. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Subversive activities.
(b) Morally corrupt activities.
(c) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(d) Illegal medical activities.
9. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Knocks a vase over.
(b) Makes an obscene gesture.
(c) Strikes Darya.
(d) Spits at Philippovich.
10. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something evil.
(b) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(c) Something shady.
(d) Something amazing.
11. Who kills Sharikov?
12. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
13. Who appears in the hallway with an angry face in Chapter 8?
(a) The doorman.
14. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
(a) Play the balalaika.
(b) Smoke and drink.
(c) Eat questionable looking food.
(d) Run down the street.
15. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
2. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
3. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
4. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
5. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)