|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) His lab coat.
(b) Striped trousers.
(c) An azure bathrobe.
(d) A business suit.
2. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
(a) Ridding Moscow of stray animals.
(b) Collecting trash in the street.
(c) Working on a farm.
(d) Working at the Moscow zoo.
3. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
4. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) An escort.
(b) A registration card.
(c) A collar and tags.
(d) A good pair of shoes.
5. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) What happened to his head.
(b) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(c) How he could be appointed to a job.
(d) How he lost all his hair.
6. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Kidnap Sharikov.
(b) Poison Sharikov.
(c) Shoot Sharikov.
(d) Strangle Sharikov.
7. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) A key.
(b) His medical history notes.
(c) A bottle of alcohol.
8. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
(a) A flea.
(b) An ant.
(c) A spider.
(d) A fly.
9. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(b) Young and thin.
(c) Frail and pale.
(d) Frizzy haired.
10. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
11. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
(a) About a week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
12. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(b) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(c) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(d) That he is an escaped convict.
13. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Two days.
14. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
15. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) It should make him famous.
(d) It was a foolhardy experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
2. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
3. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
4. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
5. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)