|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(a) On of Philippovich's patients.
(c) The house committee members.
3. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
(a) That there will be no cats around.
(b) That there will be no police around.
(c) That they will be in a darkened room.
(d) That Sharikov promises to behave.
4. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
5. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Eighteen rubles.
(b) Twelve rubles.
(c) Twenty-one rubles.
(d) Seven rubles.
6. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
(a) A bright blue tie.
(b) A fake ruby pin.
(c) Torn striped trousers.
(d) Red velvet slippers.
7. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Living with a cat.
(b) Paying taxes.
(c) Serving in the military.
(d) Looking for food in alleys.
8. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
(a) With a stone.
(b) By slamming it shut.
(c) With a paperweight.
(d) With his shoe.
9. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something shady.
(b) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(c) Something amazing.
(d) Something evil.
10. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
11. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "master."
(b) Sharik calls him "dad."
(c) Sharik calls him "creator."
(d) Sharik calls him "my lord."
12. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
(a) Sits in his chair and naps.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Paces and sings to himself.
(d) Smoke a cigar while reading the paper.
13. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A savage.
(b) A burden.
(c) A monster.
(d) An animal.
14. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(b) Political posters.
(c) Medical advice pamphlets.
(d) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
15. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(a) His medical history notes.
(c) A bottle of alcohol.
(d) A key.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
2. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
3. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
4. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
5. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)