|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(a) The house committee.
(c) The police.
(d) The militia.
2. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
3. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he lost all his hair.
(b) How he could be appointed to a job.
(c) What happened to his head.
(d) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
4. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
(a) Punches Philippovich.
(b) Slashes his cheek with a razor.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Throws plates across the room.
5. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
(a) That which establishes a person's belief system
(b) That which separates humans from dogs.
(c) That which makes a dog a dog.
(d) That which determines the aspect of the given human individual.
6. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Shoot Sharikov.
(b) Poison Sharikov.
(c) Strangle Sharikov.
(d) Kidnap Sharikov.
7. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
(a) A spider.
(b) A flea.
(c) A fly.
(d) An ant.
8. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The office.
(d) The bathroom.
9. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Go to the circus.
(c) Go to the racetrack.
(d) Go dancing at a music hall.
10. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(a) Young and thin.
(c) Frail and pale.
(d) Frizzy haired.
11. What is Sharik NOT wearing at the dinner table in Chapter 6?
(a) A fake ruby pin.
(b) Red velvet slippers.
(c) A bright blue tie.
(d) Torn striped trousers.
12. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) A good pair of shoes.
(b) A collar and tags.
(c) An escort.
(d) A registration card.
13. Who helped Sharik come up with his name?
(a) On of Philippovich's patients.
(b) The house committee members.
14. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) An armoire.
(b) His desk.
(c) A bookcase.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
15. What is the object that Philippovich examines in a jar?
(a) Sharik's seminal vesicles.
(b) Sharik's appendix.
(c) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(d) Sharik's gall bladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
2. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
3. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
4. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
5. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)