|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
(b) A key.
(c) His medical history notes.
(d) A bottle of alcohol.
2. Who does Philippovich ask to bring in the dog in the Epilogue?
(d) The doorman.
3. How has Philippovich changed since we saw him last in Chapter 9?
(a) His health has improved.
(b) He has become thin and frail.
(c) He has started dressing like Sharikov.
(d) He has gotten a hair cut.
4. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The office.
5. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It should make him famous.
(b) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(c) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(d) It was a mistake.
6. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(b) Young and thin.
(c) Frizzy haired.
(d) Frail and pale.
7. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) An armoire.
(b) A bookcase.
(c) His desk.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
8. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
(b) One-thirty a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Five a.m.
9. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
(a) An American.
(b) A German.
(c) A Russian.
(d) An Englishman.
10. Who kills Sharikov?
11. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(b) Medical advice pamphlets.
(c) Political posters.
(d) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
12. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
(a) A Newfoundland.
(b) A Rottweiller.
(c) A Great Dane.
(d) A St. Bernard.
13. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
14. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
(a) An escort.
(b) A collar and tags.
(c) A good pair of shoes.
(d) A registration card.
15. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
(a) Eighteen rubles.
(b) Twenty-one rubles.
(c) Seven rubles.
(d) Twelve rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police do at the apartment?
2. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
3. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
4. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
5. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)