|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharik refer to Bormenthal in the Epilogue?
(a) As the bitten one.
(b) As the young one.
(c) As the helpful one.
(d) As the smelly one.
2. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
3. How is the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 described?
(a) Young and thin.
(b) Frail and pale.
(d) Frizzy haired.
4. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Knocks a vase over.
(b) Spits at Philippovich.
(c) Makes an obscene gesture.
(d) Strikes Darya.
5. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
6. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
7. What has Sharikov gotten a job doing?
(a) Ridding Moscow of stray animals.
(b) Collecting trash in the street.
(c) Working on a farm.
(d) Working at the Moscow zoo.
8. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
(a) A knife.
(b) A watch.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A revolver.
9. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
(a) Go to a bar.
(b) Go dancing at a music hall.
(c) Go to the circus.
(d) Go to the racetrack.
10. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Political posters.
(b) Medical advice pamphlets.
(c) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(d) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
11. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A reporter to tell his story to.
(b) A gun.
(c) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(d) A new place to live.
12. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A bookcase.
(b) An armoire.
(c) His desk.
(d) A medicine cabinet.
13. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
(d) The doorman.
14. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) The men from the house committee.
(b) Two strangers.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A police officer.
15. What does the dog have on his head?
(a) A bandaid.
(b) A protective wrap.
(c) An open wound.
(d) A purple scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
2. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
3. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
4. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
5. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)