|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A watch.
(d) A revolver.
2. What does Zina see Bormenthal burning?
(a) A blue copybook.
(b) Sharik's leash and collar.
(c) His bathrobe.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
(a) Punches Philippovich.
(b) Slashes his cheek with a razor.
(c) Throws plates across the room.
(d) Runs away.
4. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
5. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a mistake.
(b) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It should make him famous.
6. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) About a week.
(d) One month.
7. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(b) Something evil.
(c) Something shady.
(d) Something amazing.
8. What is the object that Philippovich examines in a jar?
(a) Sharik's appendix.
(b) Sharik's seminal vesicles.
(c) Sharik's gall bladder.
(d) Sharik's pituitary gland.
9. What has Sharikov reported against Philippovich ?
(a) Counterrevolutionary activities.
(b) Subversive activities.
(c) Morally corrupt activities.
(d) Illegal medical activities.
10. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(a) The militia.
(c) The police.
(d) The house committee.
11. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
12. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
13. What rumor has Shyonder been spreading about Sharik?
(a) That he is a gangster in hiding.
(b) That he is a refugee from Czechoslovakia.
(c) That he is Philippovich's illegitimate son.
(d) That he is an escaped convict.
14. In Chapter 9 what had Sharikov told the young woman had happened to him?
(a) He was attacked by a dog.
(b) He was wounded in the war.
(c) He was deformed as a child.
(d) He was injured in a fire.
15. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
2. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
3. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
4. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
5. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)