|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who comes back to the apartment with Sharikov in Chapter 9 do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a typist.
(c) She is a dog groomer.
(d) She is a hair dresser.
2. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(b) Medical advice pamphlets.
(c) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(d) Political posters.
3. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) How to address one another.
(b) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(c) Sharikov stealing things.
(d) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
4. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
5. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Serving in the military.
(b) Looking for food in alleys.
(c) Living with a cat.
(d) Paying taxes.
6. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(b) For a telephone call.
(c) For Zina to bring him a drink.
(d) For divine inspiration.
7. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still sits on the sofa.
(b) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(c) The dog still speaks.
(d) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
8. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) A pair of underwear.
(b) An azure housecoat.
(c) Philippovich's best suit.
(d) Nothing but his undershirt.
9. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
10. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
11. What do neighbors report about the night Sharikov died?
(a) The examination room lights were on all night.
(b) They didn't notice anything unual.
(c) There were loud noises all night.
(d) They heard a dog barking all night.
12. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
(a) A cane.
(b) A beaver hat.
(c) A lighter.
(d) An ashtray.
13. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
(a) With his shoe.
(b) With a paperweight.
(c) By slamming it shut.
(d) With a stone.
14. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
(b) A smoker's cough.
(c) A pain in his side.
15. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
(a) The doctors go over their medical notes.
(b) The doctors have coffee.
(c) The doctors sit and smoke.
(d) The doctors go back to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
2. What was the theme of the book Sharikov read?
3. When asked about his smell, what does Sharikov say he has been doing?
4. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
5. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)