|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharikov chase a cat into in Chapter 6?
(a) The examination room.
(b) A closet.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "dad."
(b) Sharik calls him "master."
(c) Sharik calls him "my lord."
(d) Sharik calls him "creator."
3. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For a telephone call.
(b) For Zina to bring him a drink.
(c) For divine inspiration.
(d) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
4. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
5. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
6. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Spits at Philippovich.
(b) Makes an obscene gesture.
(c) Knocks a vase over.
(d) Strikes Darya.
7. What do the officers want to know about the dog?
(a) How he lost all his hair.
(b) How he managed to cash his paycheques.
(c) How he could be appointed to a job.
(d) What happened to his head.
8. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A Russian.
(c) An American.
(d) A German.
9. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) The men from the house committee.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Two strangers.
10. What does the dog have on his head?
(a) A purple scar.
(b) An open wound.
(c) A protective wrap.
(d) A bandaid.
11. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
(a) The doctors sit and smoke.
(b) The doctors go back to sleep.
(c) The doctors go over their medical notes.
(d) The doctors have coffee.
12. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the godhead.
(b) As the master.
(c) As the wizard.
(d) As the father.
13. What did Sharikov say he would buy with the money from the committee?
14. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
15. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A cane.
(c) A beaver hat.
(d) An ashtray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in the hallway with an angry face in Chapter 8?
2. What does Sharikov take from Philippovich's office in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
4. What does Philippovich ask Shyonder in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)