|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(b) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(c) It should make him famous.
(d) It was a mistake.
2. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For a telephone call.
(b) For divine inspiration.
(c) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(d) For Zina to bring him a drink.
3. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
(a) Like he is always under observation.
(b) Unfairly criticized.
(c) As though he is getting in the way.
4. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(b) The dog still speaks.
(c) The dog still sits on the sofa.
(d) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
5. What does Sharikov whine about doing while his documents are being drawn up?
(a) Looking for food in alleys.
(b) Living with a cat.
(c) Paying taxes.
(d) Serving in the military.
6. What is Philippovich wearing when the police come to his apartment?
(a) A business suit.
(b) His lab coat.
(c) An azure bathrobe.
(d) Striped trousers.
7. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
8. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
9. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something evil.
(b) Something shady.
(c) Something amazing.
(d) Something he doesn't want to know about.
10. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(b) A new place to live.
(c) A gun.
(d) A reporter to tell his story to.
11. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
12. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) Two strangers.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A police officer.
(d) The men from the house committee.
13. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the godhead.
(b) As the wizard.
(c) As the master.
(d) As the father.
14. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
15. How did Sharikov break the glass in Apartment 7?
(a) With his shoe.
(b) With a stone.
(c) With a paperweight.
(d) By slamming it shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich suggest Sharikov do in the evening?
2. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
3. How does Sharik feel at the end of the story?
4. How much money did Sharikov take from the house committee?
5. Who kills Sharikov?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)