|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
(a) As the wizard.
(b) As the father.
(c) As the godhead.
(d) As the master.
2. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
(a) Strikes Darya.
(b) Spits at Philippovich.
(c) Makes an obscene gesture.
(d) Knocks a vase over.
3. What is posted all over the apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) Political posters.
(b) Notes telling Sharik how to behave.
(c) Postcards from Philippovich's friends.
(d) Medical advice pamphlets.
4. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
(a) A Rottweiller.
(b) A Great Dane.
(c) A St. Bernard.
(d) A Newfoundland.
5. What does Zina see Bormenthal burning?
(a) Sharik's leash and collar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A blue copybook.
(d) His bathrobe.
6. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
(a) A yellowish lump.
(b) A white lump.
(c) A pink lump.
(d) A purple lump.
7. What does Sharik say makes him feel better tn the Epilogue?
(a) Going on walks with Zina.
(b) Being stroked by Philippovich.
(c) Eating sausage.
(d) Sitting by the fire.
8. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "my lord."
(b) Sharik calls him "creator."
(c) Sharik calls him "dad."
(d) Sharik calls him "master."
9. What do the police do at the apartment?
(a) Search for a murder weapon.
(b) Search the apartment.
(c) Dust for fingerprints.
(d) Question the doorman.
10. What does Sharikov say he wants to do in the evening in Chapter 7?
(a) Go dancing at a music hall.
(b) Go to a bar.
(c) Go to the racetrack.
(d) Go to the circus.
11. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
(a) That which separates humans from dogs.
(b) That which establishes a person's belief system
(c) That which determines the aspect of the given human individual.
(d) That which makes a dog a dog.
12. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
(a) A flea.
(b) An ant.
(c) A fly.
(d) A spider.
13. Who is Philippovich compared to while in his study in Chapter 7?
14. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Strangle Sharikov.
(b) Shoot Sharikov.
(c) Poison Sharikov.
(d) Kidnap Sharikov.
15. What does Sharikov take out of his pocket in Chapter 9?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A knife.
(c) A watch.
(d) A revolver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that Philippovich examines in a jar?
2. What does Sharik want his first name to be?
3. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
4. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
5. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)