|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after attending the circus does an argument break out in the household?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) About a week.
2. What does Sharik say has been ailing him lately in the Epilogue?
(b) A pain in his side.
(d) A smoker's cough.
3. What do the two doctors do after the commotion caused by Sharikov has died down in Chapter 8?
(a) The doctors go back to sleep.
(b) The doctors sit and smoke.
(c) The doctors go over their medical notes.
(d) The doctors have coffee.
4. What is the name of the apartment building's doorman?
5. What does Philippovich lock the jar within?
(a) A bookcase.
(b) An armoire.
(c) A medicine cabinet.
(d) His desk.
6. By the time the commotion that Sharikov causes in Chapter 8 is over, what is the hour?
(a) Three a.m.
(b) Five a.m.
(c) One-thirty a.m.
7. What does Philippovich ask Zina to throw in the fire in Chapter 7?
(a) Sharikov's flea-infested clothing.
(b) The table scraps from dinner.
(c) Sharikov's library book.
(d) His notes about Sharikov's operation.
8. Who appears in the hallway with an angry face in Chapter 8?
(c) The doorman.
9. What breed of dog does Sharik suspect may be in his ancestry?
(a) A Great Dane.
(b) A Rottweiller.
(c) A Newfoundland.
(d) A St. Bernard.
10. How many days after the fight between Sharikov and Bormenthal do the police come to the apartment?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
11. What does Sharikov think of the theatre?
(a) The theatre is too stifling.
(b) The theatre is too long.
(c) The theatre is too bourgeois.
(d) The theatre is boring.
12. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It should make him famous.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(d) It was a foolhardy experiment.
13. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A new place to live.
(b) A gun.
(c) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(d) A reporter to tell his story to.
14. What does the object in the jar that Philippovich examines in Chapter 7 look like?
(a) A yellowish lump.
(b) A white lump.
(c) A pink lump.
(d) A purple lump.
15. Who brings Philippovich a report to look at in Chapter 9?
(b) One of Philippovich's patients.
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
2. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
3. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
4. What does Sharik catch with his fingers in Chapter 6?
5. What does Sharik refer to Phillipovich as in the Epilogue?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)