|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
2. Which grade is the typist?
3. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A stuffed owl.
4. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) Boiling water.
(b) An empty soda can.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Some table scraps.
5. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
(a) No room.
(b) Evening paper.
6. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Turn himself into the police.
(b) Go to church and pray.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Leave town.
7. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) An umbrella holder.
(b) A galoshes stand.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A mailbox.
8. What is the name of Philip's maid?
9. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) January 12th.
(b) March 2nd.
(c) January 23rd.
(d) January 17th.
10. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(b) Wrought iron.
11. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That Sharik is going to die.
(b) That his hypothesis was correct.
(c) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(d) That his hypothesis was wrong.
12. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Looks at medical pictures.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Prepares the examination room.
(d) Telephones a colleague.
13. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played a trumpet.
(b) He played a balalaika.
(c) He played an accordion.
(d) He played the piano.
14. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(b) By treating them with kindness.
(c) By tricking them into trusting you.
(d) By offering them something they want.
15. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(b) Dr. Bormenthal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
2. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
3. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
4. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
5. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)