|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(b) Wrought iron.
2. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His mannerisms and speech.
(b) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(c) His odour.
(d) His habit of sleeping all day.
3. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) His newspaper.
(b) A blanket for Sharik.
(c) Clean underwear.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
4. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(b) Dr. Bormenthal.
5. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the circus.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To a concert.
6. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A stuffed owl.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A cushion.
7. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) Boiling water.
(b) Some table scraps.
(c) A blanket.
(d) An empty soda can.
8. Which grade is the typist?
9. What does the dog judge people by?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their hair color.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their eyes.
10. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As agressive.
(b) As nervous.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As ugly.
11. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
(a) The local trafic lights.
(b) The electricity.
(c) His surgery's lights.
(d) His refrigerator.
12. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That his hypothesis was correct.
(b) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(c) That Sharik is going to die.
(d) That his hypothesis was wrong.
13. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
(a) It is unpleasant sounding.
(b) It is funny sounding.
(c) It sounds like a hyena.
(d) It sounds like that of a smoker.
14. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(b) Boris Alexandrovich.
(c) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(d) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
15. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
(a) Rainy weather.
(c) Coat racks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
2. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
3. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
5. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)