|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The property organization authority.
(b) The Moscow housing authority.
(c) The house management committee.
(d) The state employment committee.
2. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
3. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
4. Which grade is the typist?
5. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The loud noises.
(b) The smell.
(c) The man in the corner.
(d) The bright lights.
6. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's abdomen.
(b) Sharik's head.
(c) Sharik's leg.
(d) Sharik's neck.
7. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
8. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Telephones a colleague.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Prepares the examination room.
(d) Looks at medical pictures.
9. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(b) That his hypothesis was correct.
(c) That his hypothesis was wrong.
(d) That Sharik is going to die.
10. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(b) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(c) More tenants are moving in.
(d) The roof is leaking.
11. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
(a) The master.
(b) The godhead.
(c) The deity.
(d) The saint.
12. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
(a) The government.
(b) Philippovich's father.
(c) The building's doorman.
(d) The press.
13. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik started walking upright.
(b) Sharik says "hello."
(c) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
(d) Sharik's tail drops off.
14. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) His pain is gone.
(b) Hit head hurts.
(c) The room is cold.
(d) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
15. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
3. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
4. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
5. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)