|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Go to church and pray.
(b) Turn himself into the police.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Marry her.
3. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
(b) Sharik's tail drops off.
(c) Sharik started walking upright.
(d) Sharik says "hello."
4. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
(a) Coat racks.
(c) Rainy weather.
5. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That something went wrong in the surgery.
(b) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(c) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(d) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
6. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
(a) The electricity.
(b) His surgery's lights.
(c) His refrigerator.
(d) The local trafic lights.
7. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
(b) Philip is busy with his patients.
(c) Philippovich is ill.
(d) Philip is out of town.
8. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That his hypothesis was correct.
(b) That his hypothesis was wrong.
(c) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(d) That Sharik is going to die.
9. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Thirty-seven years old.
(c) Forty-three years old.
(d) Fifty-two years old.
10. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
(b) Ground beef.
(c) Pork chops.
(d) Chicken breast.
11. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
12. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
(b) No room.
(d) Evening paper.
13. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(c) Bright red.
14. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
(a) Navigate streets.
(b) Operate a telephone.
(c) Open doors.
15. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) There are surgical tools laid out.
(b) The window is open.
(c) There are bright lights on.
(d) It smells strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
2. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
3. Where does the dog forage for food?
4. Which grade is the typist?
5. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)