|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) Beside the refrigerator.
(c) On a rug.
(d) On the sofa.
2. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
3. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(b) The roof is leaking.
(c) More tenants are moving in.
(d) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
4. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
5. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Discussing politics.
(b) Dressing in clothes.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Using the telephone.
6. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By treating them with kindness.
(b) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(c) By offering them something they want.
(d) By tricking them into trusting you.
7. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(a) Wrought iron.
8. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A stuffed owl.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A cushion.
(d) A brief case.
9. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He was shot.
10. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
11. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
12. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(b) Bright red.
13. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
14. What is the name of Philip's maid?
15. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
2. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
3. What does the dog judge people by?
4. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
5. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)