|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A stuffed owl.
(d) A brief case.
2. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
3. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
4. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Six days.
5. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Eight times.
6. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(b) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(c) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(d) That something went wrong in the surgery.
7. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The state employment committee.
(b) The Moscow housing authority.
(c) The house management committee.
(d) The property organization authority.
8. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
(a) The government.
(b) The press.
(c) The building's doorman.
(d) Philippovich's father.
9. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat poorly.
(b) People don't eat enough.
(c) People eat too much.
(d) People eat like kings.
10. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His mannerisms and speech.
(b) His odour.
(c) His habit of sleeping all day.
(d) The amount of noise he makes at night.
11. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the circus.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To a concert.
(d) To the theatre.
12. In which city is the story set?
(b) St. Petersburg.
13. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) A heat wave.
14. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(b) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(c) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(d) Boris Alexandrovich.
15. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That Sharik is going to die.
(b) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(c) That his hypothesis was correct.
(d) That his hypothesis was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
2. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
3. What happens on January 6th?
4. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
5. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)