|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
(a) Pig ovaries.
(b) Monkey ovaries.
(c) Cat ovaries.
(d) Cow ovaries.
2. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Sue the government.
(d) Complain to the press.
3. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Smokes a cigarette.
(b) Takes a walk around the block.
(c) Has a drink with Bormental.
(d) Watches Sharik intently.
4. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(b) Sharik's kidney.
(c) Sharik's appendix.
(d) Sharik's gall bladder.
5. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was poisoned.
6. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
7. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) The examination room.
(b) In Philippovich's office.
(c) The hallway.
(d) A bathroom.
8. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
(a) A surgical reference book.
(b) His father's medical journal.
(c) A jar of human brains.
(d) His research mice.
9. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
(b) Open doors.
(c) Navigate streets.
(d) Operate a telephone.
10. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To the theatre.
11. What caused the dog to begin his education?
(a) Almost being hit by a truck.
(b) Eating rat poison.
(c) Being chased by a dog catcher.
(d) Receiving a shock from a wire
12. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
13. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) One hour.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Three hours.
14. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
(d) Shined shoes.
15. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and cigars.
(b) A hospital and and vodka.
(c) A hospital and tobacco.
(d) A hospital and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
2. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
3. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
4. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
5. What is the name of Philip's maid?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)