|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's appendix.
(b) Sharik's kidney.
(c) Sharik's gall bladder.
(d) Sharik's pituitary gland.
2. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He eats well.
(b) He doesn't steal.
(c) He has a calm disposition.
(d) He wouldn't kick a dog.
3. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
(a) The local trafic lights.
(b) His surgery's lights.
(c) The electricity.
(d) His refrigerator.
4. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(b) A leg.
(c) An owner.
(d) A collar.
5. What is the dog afraid of?
6. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The bright lights.
(b) The smell.
(c) The loud noises.
(d) The man in the corner.
7. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(b) From a street vendor.
(c) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
(d) From the local butcher.
8. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(c) Wrought iron.
9. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
(a) Like he has achieved something amazing.
(b) Like he is going crazy.
(c) Like a god.
(d) Like he has committed a crime against nature.
10. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(b) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(c) Boris Alexandrovich.
(d) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
11. Where does the dog forage for food?
(a) At a beach.
(b) Outside a grocery store.
(c) In a school yard.
(d) In alleys.
12. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) On a rug.
(c) In front of the fire.
(d) Beside the refrigerator.
13. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To a concert.
(c) To the circus.
(d) To the opera.
14. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
(a) Cat ovaries.
(b) Monkey ovaries.
(c) Cow ovaries.
(d) Pig ovaries.
15. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
2. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
3. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
4. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
5. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)