|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's appendix.
(b) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(c) Sharik's gall bladder.
(d) Sharik's kidney.
2. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His odour.
(b) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(c) His mannerisms and speech.
(d) His habit of sleeping all day.
3. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
4. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(b) A collar.
(c) A leg.
(d) An owner.
5. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
6. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
(a) A dog.
7. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and tobacco.
(b) A hospital and cigars.
(c) A hospital and and vodka.
(d) A hospital and bread.
8. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
9. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) His newspaper.
(b) Clean underwear.
(c) A blanket for Sharik.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
10. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To a concert.
(d) To the theatre.
11. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Complain to the press.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Sue the government.
(d) Leave the city.
12. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
13. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(d) Bright red.
14. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat like kings.
(b) People eat too much.
(c) People don't eat enough.
(d) People eat poorly.
15. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
(a) His body grows longer.
(b) He begins to lose fur.
(c) His ears shrink in size.
(d) The sound of his bark changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
2. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
3. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
4. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
5. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)