|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As friendly.
(b) As agressive.
(c) As nervous.
(d) As ugly.
2. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
(d) Shined shoes.
3. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To the theatre.
(d) To the opera.
4. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) A heat wave.
5. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Peter the Great.
(d) The Bible.
6. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A brief case.
(b) A cushion.
(c) A stuffed owl.
(d) A shoe.
7. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
(a) Like he has achieved something amazing.
(b) Like he has committed a crime against nature.
(c) Like he is going crazy.
(d) Like a god.
8. What is the dog afraid of?
9. Which grade is the typist?
10. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
(a) His ears shrink in size.
(b) The sound of his bark changes.
(c) His body grows longer.
(d) He begins to lose fur.
11. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
12. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
13. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
14. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
15. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) Clean underwear.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) A blanket for Sharik.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
2. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
3. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
4. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
5. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)