|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A cook.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A child.
2. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The hallway.
(c) In Philippovich's office.
(d) A bathroom.
3. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
(a) The building's doorman.
(b) The press.
(c) The government.
(d) Philippovich's father.
4. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philippovich is ill.
(b) Philip is out of town.
(c) Philip is busy with his patients.
(d) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
5. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Telephones a colleague.
(c) Prepares the examination room.
(d) Looks at medical pictures.
6. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) An umbrella holder.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A galoshes stand.
7. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat poorly.
(b) People eat like kings.
(c) People eat too much.
(d) People don't eat enough.
8. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(b) Dr. Bormenthal.
9. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
10. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) An owner.
(b) A collar.
(d) A leg.
11. What does the patient who needs an ovarian transplant beg of Philippovich?
(a) To let her pay for the surgery in instalments.
(b) To perform the operation in his private offices.
(c) To reschedule the operation date.
(d) To find an alternative treatment to surgery.
12. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
13. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(b) More tenants are moving in.
(c) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(d) The roof is leaking.
14. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(b) That his hypothesis was correct.
(c) That Sharik is going to die.
(d) That his hypothesis was wrong.
15. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He has a calm disposition.
(b) He doesn't steal.
(c) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(d) He eats well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
2. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
3. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
4. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
5. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)