|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) A blanket for Sharik.
(b) Clean underwear.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
2. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
3. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
4. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
5. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Telephones a colleague.
(b) Looks at medical pictures.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Prepares the examination room.
6. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) More tenants are moving in.
(b) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(c) The roof is leaking.
(d) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
7. In which city is the story set?
(d) St. Petersburg.
8. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
9. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
(a) Like he has committed a crime against nature.
(b) Like he has achieved something amazing.
(c) Like he is going crazy.
(d) Like a god.
10. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Go to church and pray.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Turn himself into the police.
11. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
12. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
13. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
14. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
15. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat like kings.
(b) People eat poorly.
(c) People don't eat enough.
(d) People eat too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
2. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
3. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
4. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
5. What is the dog afraid of?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)