|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
(b) St. Petersburg.
2. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played the piano.
(b) He played a trumpet.
(c) He played an accordion.
(d) He played a balalaika.
3. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't steal.
(b) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(c) He has a calm disposition.
(d) He eats well.
4. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
5. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To a concert.
(d) To the circus.
6. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
7. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(d) Wrought iron.
8. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
(a) His father's medical journal.
(b) A jar of human brains.
(c) His research mice.
(d) A surgical reference book.
9. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His odour.
(b) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(c) His mannerisms and speech.
(d) His habit of sleeping all day.
10. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was poisoned.
11. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Dressing in clothes.
(b) Discussing politics.
(c) Using the telephone.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
12. What is the name of the dog?
13. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(b) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(c) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(d) That something went wrong in the surgery.
14. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) His pain is gone.
(b) The room is cold.
(c) Hit head hurts.
(d) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
15. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That his hypothesis was wrong.
(b) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(c) That Sharik is going to die.
(d) That his hypothesis was correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
2. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
3. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
4. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
5. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)