|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
(a) Navigate streets.
(b) Operate a telephone.
(d) Open doors.
2. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The property organization authority.
(b) The state employment committee.
(c) The Moscow housing authority.
(d) The house management committee.
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) The room is cold.
(b) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
(c) His pain is gone.
(d) Hit head hurts.
4. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Complain to the press.
(d) Sue the government.
5. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
(b) Sharik says "hello."
(c) Sharik started walking upright.
(d) Sharik's tail drops off.
6. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
(a) Ground beef.
(b) Pork chops.
(c) Chicken breast.
7. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
8. Which grade is the typist?
9. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A jar.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A canvas bag.
10. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) Clean underwear.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) A blanket for Sharik.
(d) His newspaper.
11. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) There are bright lights on.
(b) The window is open.
(c) It smells strange.
(d) There are surgical tools laid out.
12. What is the name of Philip's maid?
13. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
(a) Sharik's head.
(b) Sharik's leg.
(c) Sharik's abdomen.
(d) Sharik's neck.
14. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
15. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(b) The roof is leaking.
(c) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(d) More tenants are moving in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
3. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
4. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
5. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)