|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Has a drink with Bormental.
(b) Watches Sharik intently.
(c) Takes a walk around the block.
(d) Smokes a cigarette.
2. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
(b) Philippovich is ill.
(c) Philip is out of town.
(d) Philip is busy with his patients.
3. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Burn down his building.
(b) Complain to the press.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Sue the government.
4. What does the patient who needs an ovarian transplant beg of Philippovich?
(a) To find an alternative treatment to surgery.
(b) To perform the operation in his private offices.
(c) To let her pay for the surgery in instalments.
(d) To reschedule the operation date.
5. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Peter the Great.
6. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The hallway.
(d) In Philippovich's office.
7. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(d) The weather.
8. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
9. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
(a) A surgical reference book.
(b) His father's medical journal.
(c) A jar of human brains.
(d) His research mice.
10. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
(a) Rainy weather.
(d) Coat racks.
11. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
(b) Grocery stores.
12. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
13. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As ugly.
(b) As nervous.
(c) As agressive.
(d) As friendly.
14. Which grade is the typist?
15. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Five hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
2. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
3. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
4. In which city is the story set?
5. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)