|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(c) The weather.
2. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Give Sharik insulin.
(b) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(c) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(d) Remove Sharik's leg.
3. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) A collar.
(b) A leg.
(c) An owner.
4. What does the dog judge people by?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their hair color.
(d) Their smell.
5. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) On a rug.
(b) On the sofa.
(c) Beside the refrigerator.
(d) In front of the fire.
6. What is the name of Philip's maid?
7. What is the dog afraid of?
8. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was stabbed.
9. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
(c) A dog.
10. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(b) From a street vendor.
(c) From the local butcher.
(d) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
11. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Fifty-two years old.
(c) Thirty-seven years old.
(d) Forty-three years old.
12. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
13. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The young one.
(b) The bitten one.
(c) The short one.
(d) The ugly one.
14. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(c) Bright red.
15. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
2. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
3. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
4. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
5. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)