|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) A galoshes stand.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) An umbrella holder.
2. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) An empty soda can.
(b) Boiling water.
(c) Some table scraps.
(d) A blanket.
3. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The short one.
(b) The bitten one.
(c) The ugly one.
(d) The young one.
4. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
(a) Grocery stores.
5. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) There are bright lights on.
(b) There are surgical tools laid out.
(c) The window is open.
(d) It smells strange.
6. What does the patient who needs an ovarian transplant beg of Philippovich?
(a) To let her pay for the surgery in instalments.
(b) To find an alternative treatment to surgery.
(c) To perform the operation in his private offices.
(d) To reschedule the operation date.
7. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) On a rug.
(b) In front of the fire.
(c) On the sofa.
(d) Beside the refrigerator.
8. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik says "hello."
(b) Sharik started walking upright.
(c) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
(d) Sharik's tail drops off.
9. What is the name of the dog?
10. What does Philip admit on January 8th?
(a) That his hypothesis was correct.
(b) That he shouldn't have performed the surgery.
(c) That his hypothesis was wrong.
(d) That Sharik is going to die.
11. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
12. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
13. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Remove Sharik's leg.
(b) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(c) Give Sharik insulin.
(d) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
14. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A stuffed owl.
(d) A cushion.
15. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His mannerisms and speech.
(b) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(c) His habit of sleeping all day.
(d) His odour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
2. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
3. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
5. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)