|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
2. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Prepares the examination room.
(c) Looks at medical pictures.
(d) Telephones a colleague.
3. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
(a) Coat racks.
(c) Rainy weather.
4. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
5. What does the dog judge people by?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their hair color.
6. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(b) Dr. Bormenthal.
7. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
8. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(d) Wrought iron.
9. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A stuffed owl.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A cushion.
10. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
11. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
(b) Evening paper.
(d) No room.
12. What does the item Bormenthal is carrying smell like to Sharik?
(d) A dog.
13. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and and vodka.
(b) A hospital and tobacco.
(c) A hospital and cigars.
(d) A hospital and bread.
14. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(b) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(c) That something went wrong in the surgery.
(d) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
15. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Eight times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
3. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
4. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
5. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)