|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
(b) Sharik started walking upright.
(c) Sharik says "hello."
(d) Sharik's tail drops off.
2. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His habit of sleeping all day.
(b) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(c) His odour.
(d) His mannerisms and speech.
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) Hit head hurts.
(b) His pain is gone.
(c) The room is cold.
(d) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The loud noises.
(b) The man in the corner.
(c) The smell.
(d) The bright lights.
5. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat like kings.
(b) People eat poorly.
(c) People don't eat enough.
(d) People eat too much.
6. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
(b) Philip is out of town.
(c) Philippovich is ill.
(d) Philip is busy with his patients.
7. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
(a) Karl Marx.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Peter the Great.
8. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By offering them something they want.
(b) By tricking them into trusting you.
(c) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(d) By treating them with kindness.
9. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
10. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(b) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(c) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
(d) That something went wrong in the surgery.
11. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A stuffed owl.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A brief case.
12. Which grade is the typist?
13. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Eight times.
14. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
15. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
(a) A fraud.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A trickster.
(d) A murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog judge people by?
2. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
3. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
4. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
5. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)