|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
2. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(b) Sharik's gall bladder.
(c) Sharik's appendix.
(d) Sharik's kidney.
3. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played an accordion.
(b) He played a balalaika.
(c) He played a trumpet.
(d) He played the piano.
4. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A brief case.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A stuffed owl.
5. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The state employment committee.
(b) The house management committee.
(c) The property organization authority.
(d) The Moscow housing authority.
6. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A heat wave.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A hail storm.
(d) A thunderstorm.
7. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
8. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(b) Boris Alexandrovich.
(c) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(d) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
9. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) A leg.
(c) An owner.
(d) A collar.
10. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
11. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
(a) It sounds like a hyena.
(b) It is unpleasant sounding.
(c) It sounds like that of a smoker.
(d) It is funny sounding.
12. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
(a) Like he has achieved something amazing.
(b) Like he has committed a crime against nature.
(c) Like he is going crazy.
(d) Like a god.
13. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) The room is cold.
(b) His pain is gone.
(c) Hit head hurts.
(d) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
14. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
15. Where does the dog forage for food?
(a) At a beach.
(b) In alleys.
(c) Outside a grocery store.
(d) In a school yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
2. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
3. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
4. What does Bormenthal shave to prepare Sharik for the operation?
5. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)