|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
(b) More tenants are moving in.
(c) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(d) The roof is leaking.
2. What caused the dog to begin his education?
(a) Receiving a shock from a wire
(b) Eating rat poison.
(c) Being chased by a dog catcher.
(d) Almost being hit by a truck.
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Five hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Eight hours.
4. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He was poisoned.
5. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Fifty-two years old.
(b) Forty-three years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Thirty-seven years old.
6. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A canvas bag.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A jar.
(d) A notebook.
7. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
8. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(b) Give Sharik insulin.
(c) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(d) Remove Sharik's leg.
9. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) An umbrella holder.
(c) A galoshes stand.
(d) A coat rack.
10. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A hail storm.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A heat wave.
11. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
(a) His body grows longer.
(b) The sound of his bark changes.
(c) His ears shrink in size.
(d) He begins to lose fur.
12. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(a) Dr. Bormenthal.
13. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) The hallway.
(b) In Philippovich's office.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) The examination room.
14. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played an accordion.
(b) He played a trumpet.
(c) He played a balalaika.
(d) He played the piano.
15. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
(a) The godhead.
(b) The deity.
(c) The master.
(d) The saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
2. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
3. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
5. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)