|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Prepares the examination room.
(b) Telephones a colleague.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Looks at medical pictures.
2. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
3. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
4. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Turn himself into the police.
(c) Go to church and pray.
(d) Leave town.
5. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) March 2nd.
(b) January 23rd.
(c) January 12th.
(d) January 17th.
6. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
7. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
(b) The Bible.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Peter the Great.
8. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(d) The weather.
9. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(b) Sharik's gall bladder.
(c) Sharik's appendix.
(d) Sharik's kidney.
10. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) An umbrella holder.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A galoshes stand.
11. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Eight times.
(d) Five times.
12. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
13. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) On a rug.
(c) In front of the fire.
(d) Beside the refrigerator.
14. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His habit of sleeping all day.
(b) His odour.
(c) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(d) His mannerisms and speech.
15. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
2. What does the patient who needs an ovarian transplant beg of Philippovich?
3. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
4. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
5. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking? .
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)