|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A stuffed owl.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A brief case.
2. Besides his seminal vesticles, what does Philippovich remove from Sharik?
(a) Sharik's appendix.
(b) Sharik's kidney.
(c) Sharik's pituitary gland.
(d) Sharik's gall bladder.
3. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
(a) The government.
(b) The building's doorman.
(c) The press.
(d) Philippovich's father.
4. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The ugly one.
(b) The short one.
(c) The bitten one.
(d) The young one.
5. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His mannerisms and speech.
(b) His odour.
(c) His habit of sleeping all day.
(d) The amount of noise he makes at night.
6. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Eight times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
7. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
(a) Navigate streets.
(b) Operate a telephone.
(c) Open doors.
8. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
(a) Grocery stores.
9. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People don't eat enough.
(b) People eat poorly.
(c) People eat too much.
(d) People eat like kings.
10. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Dressing in clothes.
(b) Using the telephone.
(c) Discussing politics.
(d) Sleeping in a bed.
11. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
12. What caused the dog to begin his education?
(a) Receiving a shock from a wire
(b) Being chased by a dog catcher.
(c) Eating rat poison.
(d) Almost being hit by a truck.
13. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
(b) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(c) From a street vendor.
(d) From the local butcher.
14. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
(a) Pig ovaries.
(b) Monkey ovaries.
(c) Cat ovaries.
(d) Cow ovaries.
15. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) Clean underwear.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) A blanket for Sharik.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
2. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
3. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
4. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
5. What does the dog judge people by?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)