|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(d) Wrought iron.
2. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(b) Dr. Bormenthal.
3. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
4. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
5. What is the name of the dog?
6. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
(a) The godhead.
(b) The master.
(c) The saint.
(d) The deity.
7. What happens on January 6th?
(a) Sharik started walking upright.
(b) Sharik says "hello."
(c) Sharik's tail drops off.
(d) Sharik's teeth shrank in size.
8. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
(a) Fifty-two years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Forty-three years old.
(d) Thirty-seven years old.
9. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
(a) The roof is leaking.
(b) Dogs aren't allowed inside.
(c) More tenants are moving in.
(d) He needs to vacate two of his rooms.
10. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
11. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A canvas bag.
(b) A jar.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A notebook.
12. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) A blanket.
(b) An empty soda can.
(c) Boiling water.
(d) Some table scraps.
13. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Discussing politics.
(b) Using the telephone.
(c) Sleeping in a bed.
(d) Dressing in clothes.
14. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Two days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Four days.
15. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
(a) Like a god.
(b) Like he has achieved something amazing.
(c) Like he has committed a crime against nature.
(d) Like he is going crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
2. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
3. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
4. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
5. Which grade is the typist?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)