|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The hallway.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) In Philippovich's office.
2. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat poorly.
(b) People eat too much.
(c) People don't eat enough.
(d) People eat like kings.
3. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) March 2nd.
(b) January 17th.
(c) January 12th.
(d) January 23rd.
4. What does the dog judge people by?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their hair color.
(c) Their smell.
(d) Their clothes.
5. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
6. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To a concert.
(d) To the circus.
7. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) It smells strange.
(b) The window is open.
(c) There are surgical tools laid out.
(d) There are bright lights on.
8. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was shot.
9. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
10. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
(a) It is unpleasant sounding.
(b) It sounds like that of a smoker.
(c) It sounds like a hyena.
(d) It is funny sounding.
11. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) His pain is gone.
(b) Hit head hurts.
(c) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
(d) The room is cold.
12. Who takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 3?
13. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
14. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
15. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Telephones a colleague.
(b) Looks at medical pictures.
(c) Prepares the examination room.
(d) Takes a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
2. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
3. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
4. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
5. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)