|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What establishments does the dog look for food around especially?
(d) Grocery stores.
2. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) In Philippovich's office.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The examination room.
(d) A bathroom.
3. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Looks at medical pictures.
(b) Prepares the examination room.
(c) Telephones a colleague.
(d) Takes a shower.
4. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) An owner.
(b) A leg.
(d) A collar.
5. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
6. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Takes a walk around the block.
(b) Has a drink with Bormental.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Watches Sharik intently.
7. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) A blanket.
(b) Some table scraps.
(c) Boiling water.
(d) An empty soda can.
8. How many times had the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery been arrested?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Eight times.
(d) Five times.
9. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
10. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(b) He eats well.
(c) He has a calm disposition.
(d) He doesn't steal.
11. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) The amount of noise he makes at night.
(b) His odour.
(c) His mannerisms and speech.
(d) His habit of sleeping all day.
12. Which of the following is not a change that Sharik undergoes following the surgery?
(a) His body grows longer.
(b) The sound of his bark changes.
(c) He begins to lose fur.
(d) His ears shrink in size.
13. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By treating them with kindness.
(b) By offering them something they want.
(c) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(d) By tricking them into trusting you.
14. What caused the dog to begin his education?
(a) Being chased by a dog catcher.
(b) Almost being hit by a truck.
(c) Eating rat poison.
(d) Receiving a shock from a wire
15. What is the name of the dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
2. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
4. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
5. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)