|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(b) Boris Alexandrovich.
(c) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(d) Alexey Alexandrovich.
2. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(d) Dr. Bormenthal.
3. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(b) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(c) Remove Sharik's leg.
(d) Give Sharik insulin.
4. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
(a) Coat racks.
(b) Rainy weather.
5. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
(a) The saint.
(b) The godhead.
(c) The master.
(d) The deity.
6. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To a concert.
(c) To the circus.
(d) To the opera.
7. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was in a car accident.
8. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
(a) Cat ovaries.
(b) Monkey ovaries.
(c) Pig ovaries.
(d) Cow ovaries.
9. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
10. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A canvas bag.
(b) A jar.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A suitcase.
11. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
12. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
13. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
14. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) It smells strange.
(b) There are bright lights on.
(c) The window is open.
(d) There are surgical tools laid out.
15. What is the dog in Chapter 1 said to be lacking?
(a) A collar.
(b) A leg.
(c) An owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dog judge people by?
2. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
3. What is the gentleman told when he reaches his building?
4. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
5. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)