|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharik feel when his is locked up in Chapter 4?
2. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) A blanket for Sharik.
(b) A bottle of champagne.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) Clean underwear.
3. What does the dog think about how people eat?
(a) People eat poorly.
(b) People eat too much.
(c) People don't eat enough.
(d) People eat like kings.
4. Which grade is the typist?
5. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) To the circus.
(c) To the opera.
(d) To a concert.
6. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
7. What was the name of the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
8. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
9. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(b) Boris Alexandrovich.
(c) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(d) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
10. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He was shot.
11. What is the name of Philip's maid?
12. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
(a) Looks at medical pictures.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Telephones a colleague.
(d) Prepares the examination room.
13. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
(a) Turn himself into the police.
(b) Go to church and pray.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Leave town.
14. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
15. What does Sharik notice about the examination room?
(a) The window is open.
(b) There are surgical tools laid out.
(c) There are bright lights on.
(d) It smells strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharik feel at first to be wearing a collar and leash?
2. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
3. How does Philippovich act as he talks on the phone in Chapter 4?
4. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
5. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)