Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What is the dog doing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does the dog observe about a typist in Chapter 1?
3. What does the dog note about the food people eat?
4. How does the dog judge people, and what does he decide about the sharply dressed gentleman?
5. What is the sharply dressed gentleman carrying in his pocket?
6. What does Philippovich's doorman tell him when he arrives home at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 795 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)