|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(b) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
(c) From a street vendor.
(d) From the local butcher.
2. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(b) Wrought iron.
3. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By treating them with kindness.
(b) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(c) By offering them something they want.
(d) By tricking them into trusting you.
4. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Burn down his building.
(b) Complain to the press.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Sue the government.
5. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A taxi driver.
(c) A child.
(d) A cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov do after Philippovich tells him to leave the apartment in Chapter 9?
2. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
3. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
4. How does Zina feel after Sharikov disappears in Chapter 9?
5. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)