|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What human characteristic does Philippovich tell the police the dog still has?
(a) The dog still speaks.
(b) The dog still sometimes walks on two legs.
(c) The dog still likes to drink alcohol.
(d) The dog still sits on the sofa.
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A coat rack.
(b) An umbrella holder.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A galoshes stand.
3. What does Sharik suspect there may be in his ancestry?
(a) Something shady.
(b) Something he doesn't want to know about.
(c) Something evil.
(d) Something amazing.
4. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He doesn't steal.
(b) He has a calm disposition.
(c) He eats well.
(d) He wouldn't kick a dog.
5. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(b) It should make him famous.
(c) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
(d) It was a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
2. Who does Sharikov defend in Chapter 7?
3. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
4. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
5. Where does the dog run out from in the Epilogue?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)