|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He eats well.
(b) He has a calm disposition.
(c) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(d) He doesn't steal.
3. How does Sharik feel living with Philippovich in Chapter 6?
(a) Unfairly criticized.
(b) Like he is always under observation.
(c) As though he is getting in the way.
4. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played a trumpet.
(b) He played the piano.
(c) He played a balalaika.
(d) He played an accordion.
5. Who is Shyonder?
(a) Zina's fiance.
(b) One of Philippovich's patients.
(c) A house committee member.
(d) Bormenthal's colleague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
2. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
3. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
5. What does Philippovich do while Zina takes Sharik for a walk in Chapter 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)