|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
2. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "creator."
(b) Sharik calls him "dad."
(c) Sharik calls him "master."
(d) Sharik calls him "my lord."
3. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) An azure housecoat.
(b) Nothing but his undershirt.
(c) Philippovich's best suit.
(d) A pair of underwear.
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The loud noises.
(b) The bright lights.
(c) The man in the corner.
(d) The smell.
5. After locking up the jar, where does Philippovich put the key?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) Taped under a table.
(d) On a high shelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
2. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
3. What does the dog know the well-dressed gentleman is carrying?
4. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
5. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)