|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to refer to the men around him?
2. What does the dog judge people by?
(a) Their hair color.
(b) Their smell.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their clothes.
3. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
(a) Sleeping in a bed.
(b) Discussing politics.
(c) Dressing in clothes.
(d) Using the telephone.
4. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
(b) No room.
(d) Evening paper.
5. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A canvas bag.
(d) A jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich conclude that the hypophysis is?
2. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
3. How did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery die?
4. What does Sharik note he cannot walk around the city without?
5. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)