|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who is NOT sitting at the dinner table?
2. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
(a) Smoke a cigar while reading the paper.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Paces and sings to himself.
(d) Sits in his chair and naps.
3. What is the name of the gentleman in Chapter 1?
4. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) A bottle of champagne.
(b) Clean underwear.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) A blanket for Sharik.
5. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
4. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
5. What does Sharik do "with reckless ease"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)