|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(b) He has a calm disposition.
(c) He doesn't steal.
(d) He eats well.
2. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
(a) Smoke a cigar while reading the paper.
(b) Pours himself a drink.
(c) Sits in his chair and naps.
(d) Paces and sings to himself.
3. What does Philippovich say about the operation on Sharik in Chapter 8?
(a) It should make him famous.
(b) It was a mistake.
(c) It was a foolhardy experiment.
(d) It was a bigger success than he imagined.
4. Philippovich tells Bormenthal to take Sharikov where he wants to go on what condition?
(a) That they will be in a darkened room.
(b) That there will be no cats around.
(c) That there will be no police around.
(d) That Sharikov promises to behave.
5. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
(a) Evening paper.
(d) No room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sharik say got his clothes for him?
2. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
3. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
4. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)