|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Leave the city.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Sue the government.
(d) Complain to the press.
2. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A canvas bag.
(b) A jar.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A notebook.
3. Who does Sharikov say he has read a book by?
(a) An American.
(b) A Russian.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A German.
4. What does Bormental have to do to stop Sharik from dying on the operating table?
(a) Give Sharik insulin.
(b) Give Sharik a shot of adrenalin.
(c) Give Sharik mouth to mouth resuscitation.
(d) Remove Sharik's leg.
5. What is Philippovich waiting for at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) For Bormenthal and Sharikov to come home.
(b) For Zina to bring him a drink.
(c) For a telephone call.
(d) For divine inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
2. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
3. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
4. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
5. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)