|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich do after the surgery?
(a) Takes a walk around the block.
(b) Has a drink with Bormental.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Watches Sharik intently.
2. What caused the dog to begin his education?
(a) Eating rat poison.
(b) Receiving a shock from a wire
(c) Being chased by a dog catcher.
(d) Almost being hit by a truck.
3. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That something went wrong in the surgery.
(b) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(c) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(d) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
4. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The short one.
(b) The ugly one.
(c) The bitten one.
(d) The young one.
5. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Sharik use to describe Philippovich in the examination room?
2. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
4. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
5. What does Philippovich say he will use to perform an ovarian transplant?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)