|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich ask Zina to get for him in Chapter 4?
(a) A blanket for Sharik.
(b) Clean underwear.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) A bottle of champagne.
2. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
(a) Peter the Great.
(b) The Bible.
(d) Karl Marx.
3. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
4. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) In front of the fire.
(c) Beside the refrigerator.
(d) On a rug.
5. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) That he had never operated on a dog before.
(b) That he had been growing fond of Sharik.
(c) That something went wrong in the surgery.
(d) That he doesn't like the sight of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich complain is malfunctioning on a regular basis?
2. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
3. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
4. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
5. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)