|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. What is the name of Philippovich's cook?
3. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Five hours.
4. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
(a) Dr. Bormenthal.
5. What is Dr. Bormenthal carrying when he arrives at Philippovich's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A canvas bag.
(d) A jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharik call Bormenthal before falling asleep?
2. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
3. What does Philippovich admit at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
5. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)