|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Complain to the press.
(b) Leave the city.
(c) Burn down his building.
(d) Sue the government.
2. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
3. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) Hit head hurts.
(b) The room is cold.
(c) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
(d) His pain is gone.
4. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(a) Wrought iron.
5. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By treating them with kindness.
(b) By offering them something they want.
(c) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(d) By tricking them into trusting you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
2. Where does Sharik lie while the doctors are eating dinner?
3. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
4. What is the dog's education said to have started with?
5. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)