|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
2. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
(a) Philippovich says he does it all by rushing through his day.
(b) Philippovich says he does it all by planning well.
(c) Philippovich says he does it all by staying organized.
(d) Philippovich says he does it all by not hurrying.
3. What is thrown at the dog in Chapter 1?
(a) An empty soda can.
(b) A blanket.
(c) Boiling water.
(d) Some table scraps.
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A galoshes stand.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) An umbrella holder.
5. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
(b) From a street vendor.
(c) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(d) From the local butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the dog forage for food?
2. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
3. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
4. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
5. What does the dog learn to do on his own?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)