|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) The room is cold.
(b) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
(c) Hit head hurts.
(d) His pain is gone.
2. What does Philippovich threaten to do after having been asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Complain to the press.
(b) Burn down his building.
(c) Leave the city.
(d) Sue the government.
3. What kind of weather is occurring in Chapter 1?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A heat wave.
(d) A hail storm.
4. What does the dog think the gentleman in Chapter 1 smells like?
(a) A hospital and bread.
(b) A hospital and tobacco.
(c) A hospital and and vodka.
(d) A hospital and cigars.
5. On evenings Philippovich stays in, what does he study in his office?
(a) A surgical reference book.
(b) A jar of human brains.
(c) His research mice.
(d) His father's medical journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, where does Philippovich say he is going?
2. In which city is the story set?
3. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
4. What is the dog afraid of?
5. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)