|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the dog forage for food?
(a) In a school yard.
(b) In alleys.
(c) Outside a grocery store.
(d) At a beach.
2. Which of the following does the dog NOT decide about the gentleman in Chapter 1?
(a) He has a calm disposition.
(b) He doesn't steal.
(c) He wouldn't kick a dog.
(d) He eats well.
3. What kind of staircase does the gentleman's building have?
(d) Wrought iron.
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The loud noises.
(b) The man in the corner.
(c) The bright lights.
(d) The smell.
5. What color hair does one of Philippovich's patients have?
(c) Bright red.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is the story set?
2. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
3. Which grade is the typist?
4. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
5. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)