|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
(a) The room is cold.
(b) His pain is gone.
(c) There is a bowl of food set out for him.
(d) Hit head hurts.
2. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played an accordion.
(b) He played a trumpet.
(c) He played a balalaika.
(d) He played the piano.
3. How does the man that the dog bit describe the dog?
(a) As nervous.
(b) As agressive.
(c) As friendly.
(d) As ugly.
4. What group are the four young men who visit Philippovich's office from?
(a) The property organization authority.
(b) The house management committee.
(c) The state employment committee.
(d) The Moscow housing authority.
5. What does Sharikov claim he can find after he has a heated argument with Philippovich and Bormenthal in Chapter 9?
(a) A new place to live.
(b) A gun.
(c) A government official to report Philippovich to.
(d) A reporter to tell his story to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to be excused from the dog's surgery?
2. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
3. What doesn't Sharikov want Philippovich to call him?
4. What is the dog afraid of?
5. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)