|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sharikov and Bormenthal leave for the evening in Chapter 7, what does Philippovich do?
(a) Smoke a cigar while reading the paper.
(b) Paces and sings to himself.
(c) Sits in his chair and naps.
(d) Pours himself a drink.
2. What sends Philippovich through the roof at dinner?
(a) Sharik calls him "my lord."
(b) Sharik calls him "master."
(c) Sharik calls him "dad."
(d) Sharik calls him "creator."
3. What does Philippovich call Sharikov following the flooding incident?
(a) A savage.
(b) A monster.
(c) A burden.
(d) An animal.
4. Where is Sharik locked up in Chapter 4?
(a) The hallway.
(b) The examination room.
(c) In Philippovich's office.
(d) A bathroom.
5. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
(a) Philippovich is ill.
(b) Philip is out of town.
(c) Philip is busy with his patients.
(d) Philip can't bring himself to look at Sharik.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the first words Sharik started saying?
2. What does Bormenthal volunteer to do in Chapter 8?
3. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
4. What does Sharikov do since he is so upset by his argument with Philippovich ?
5. In Chapter 4, Bormenthal announces that someone had died how many hours ago?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)