|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philippovich advise the group of four who visit his office to wear?
(d) Shined shoes.
2. What about Sharik nearly drives Philippovich crazy in Chapter 5?
(a) His habit of sleeping all day.
(b) His odour.
(c) His mannerisms and speech.
(d) The amount of noise he makes at night.
3. Why does Bormenthal roll up his sleeve in Chapter 8?
(a) To clean up the flood water.
(b) To cool down.
(c) To hit Sharikov.
(d) To show Sharikov his tattoo.
4. What is the dog said to feel for Philippovich?
5. What is Sharikov wearing when he is dragged out into the hall in Chapter 8?
(a) An azure housecoat.
(b) A pair of underwear.
(c) Nothing but his undershirt.
(d) Philippovich's best suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning home what is Sharikov NOT found to have stolen?
2. How does Philippovich feel about the new Soviet order in Moscow?
3. What happens on January 6th?
4. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
5. Who says, "Oh, things won't come to any good in this apartment, I'm afraid"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)