|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharik rip to shreds in Chapter 3?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A stuffed owl.
(c) A brief case.
(d) A cushion.
2. What does Philippovich say is the only way to get living creatures to respond?
(a) By forcing them to do what you want them to.
(b) By tricking them into trusting you.
(c) By treating them with kindness.
(d) By offering them something they want.
3. What does Sharik call the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
(a) The young one.
(b) The short one.
(c) The ugly one.
(d) The bitten one.
4. Who does Philippovich call to complain about being asked to give up two of his rooms?
(a) Dmitrii Alexandrovich.
(b) Alexey Alexandrovich.
(c) Pyotr Alexandrovich.
(d) Boris Alexandrovich.
5. What frightens the dog in the examination room?
(a) The man in the corner.
(b) The loud noises.
(c) The bright lights.
(d) The smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philippovich advise his patient who is entangled with a fourteen year old girl to do?
2. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
3. Which grade is the typist?
4. What does the dog notice when he wakes up?
5. In which city is the story set?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)