|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the gentleman in Chapter 1 buy his meat?
(a) From the Moscow Grocers' Association.
(b) From the local butcher.
(c) From a street vendor.
(d) The Moscow Agricultural Industries store.
2. In Chapter 1, who throws something at the dog?
(a) A taxi driver.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A child.
(d) A cook.
3. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
(a) The weather.
4. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) An umbrella holder.
(b) A galoshes stand.
(c) A coat rack.
(d) A mailbox.
5. What is Sharik's name for Philippovich?
(a) The godhead.
(b) The deity.
(c) The saint.
(d) The master.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
2. In which city is the story set?
3. What does Philippovich wonder if Karl Marx has banned?
4. What does the typist's lover buy her off with?
5. Where is the quotation, "No man can serve two masters" from?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)