|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within how many days does Sharik show signs of recovery from the surgery?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Ten days.
2. What is the name of the second doctor at Philippovich's office?
3. Who does the doorman call on to get rid of Sharikov's companions?
(b) The police.
(c) The militia.
(d) The house committee.
4. What does Bormenthal note about Sharik's laugh?
(a) It sounds like that of a smoker.
(b) It sounds like a hyena.
(c) It is funny sounding.
(d) It is unpleasant sounding.
5. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The men from the house committee.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Two strangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested to know what is going on with Philippovich's experiment?
2. What is Philippovich's response when he is asked how he manages to do everything he does?
3. What did Philippovich expect would be the effect of his surgery on Sharik?
4. What does Sharik begin doing on January 10th?
5. What does Philippovich tell the other doctor not to discuss at dinner?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)