|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery do for a living?
(a) He played an accordion.
(b) He played a balalaika.
(c) He played the piano.
(d) He played a trumpet.
2. What once stood in the hallway of Philippovich's building?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A galoshes stand.
(c) An umbrella holder.
(d) A coat rack.
3. Who does Sharikov bring back with him to the apartment late at night in Chapter 8?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Two strangers.
(d) The men from the house committee.
4. What is the argument which breaks out in the household about?
(a) Bormenthal calling Sharikov names.
(b) How to address one another.
(c) Whether Sharikov should do chores.
(d) Sharikov stealing things.
5. By what date was Sharik's transformation into a human complete?
(a) January 23rd.
(b) January 17th.
(c) March 2nd.
(d) January 12th.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Bormenthal feel watching Sharik's transformation?
2. How old was the man whose organs were used for Sharik's surgery?
3. Who does Sharikov blame his thefts on in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Dr. Bormenthal make most of the observations about Sharik's progress?
5. How does Sharik feel about living with Philippovich?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)